Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:27:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 [940] 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003797 times)
CobraJ

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

ch4534ch3ckn3v3rch453481tch

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:53:38 PM

I am interested to find out more about ethereum scaling solutions. So far I've read about Raiden Network, Plasma / Plasma Cash, Striim (officially launched this week), Sharding and a bit about Casper.
With Raiden I am not sure why initially it was in the official Ethereum roadmap as "the lightning network of ethereum" or something like that, and now is a separate project. Nobody said anything about that but I think it's an important detail. Anyone knows? Looks like devs are still active on it.
About Plasma the issue with the exponential scalability resides in users having to download/authenticate each plasma block. So with Plasma Cash there would be an extra plasma coin with unique id created for every user every time they, say, deposit on an exchange and whatnot thus compared to Plasma have the only requisite to pay attention to the blocks that contain coins they want to track.
Then there's Striim by Hubii which is gonna bring an ethereum scaling solution and protocol but not too much info on it yet, other than the launch will be in a day or two and the striim tokens will be gradually airdropped to hbt token holders. Positive is their partnership with telenor which is gonna jumpstart the use of it for micropayments.
Differently from off-chain solutions like Striim and Raiden, Sharding is an on-chain scaling solution, i.e. it maintains all transactions on the original blockchain. Sharding basically allows for operations to run not in a linear way but simultaneously which results in higher TPS. In short with sharding the ethereum network is divided in multpile nodes (aka shards), which process all the transactions that occur within that group.
To me it seems sharding will be the most impactful but also will take the longest to implement; but being onchain it is also intrinsecally different from raiden and other offchain solutions which are easier to "plug" in the network do absorb dust transactions right out of the box.
Will offchain solutions continue to exist and be utilised even once solid onchain mechanisms are implemented?
I believe so. Scalability/security/decentralization is not only a trilemma, but really a cat-and-mouse game where you also have to compete against other aspiring networks and protocols which try to boost higher and higher tps (some of which aren't even a blockchain.. cough hashgraph cough..).

With Raiden, it looks like Vitalik Buterin wanted to pay them and help them make Ethereum Lightning Network but they made the whole thing a token (easy to guess why..). After that Vitalik kind of disendorsed them. In a nutshell, it is the only working solution at the moment. but formally unsuppported by the ethereum team.
Pretty much this?
so no more Raiden update and greed took control and destroyed a good colaboration . sad
cheers for info.

No worries and I agree, it's sad considering how things started between Raiden and the Ethereum team.
Let's see how Striim will go but from my understanding they will likely directly take the "on the market" approach as it is entirely tokenized and will be initially anchored to an exchange.

A distributed system attempts to access an API data source, but since the nodes need not execute the instructions simultaneously, the data provided by the API can yield different results. Hence you need to build some kind of time to API value lookup table; formally called oracle.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
revilo

Activity: 543
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:52:39 PM

"Steve Wozniak: Ethereum Could Be The New Apple" added to vote on YEENOT TODAY https://yeenot.today/catalog/news/262
good for all ETH platform projects ?

Man that''s a pretty cool statement to read isn't it? Wink And maybe Ethereum can even become much bigger in terms of market capitalization.
mt55

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:45:19 PM

This is an amazing news - China Ranks Ethereum as the World’s Best Blockchain Network, Bitcoin at #13
Yes, that`s fine! Interesting to see that NEO (Chinesse Ethereum, lol) has only 4th place in this rank despite the fact that NEO is very centralized (China doesn't like decentralized coins because they cant control it).

What is this ranking actually about and who created it? If you say China is it their Economics department or something?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:24:18 PM

I wish the price would boom quickly Cheesy
Ethereum price will boom in near future. As you see that price of ethereum is getting down, right now standing at $679.
Don't worry few days ago china government provides ratings on cryptocurrencies., Ethereum scores very high in ratings.
Ethereum is on the top in china ratings. 80.3 in technology, 23.7 in applicability and 25.4 in creativity.
Total score obtained by ethereum is 129.4 points.  Cool Ethereum price will be boom soon.
Small drawdowns in the price - this is normal. But do not pay attention to this. Very soon we will have a flight to the moon. We have been waiting for this for a long time.
We are in mid of may and in past days ethereum pushed up to $830 then constantly pulled back to above $700.
This is a sign of ethereum can be any time move from a lower position to a higher one.
Let's hope ethereum will be cross ATH price in coming months and flight will be land in $5k.  Cool
It seems the ETH has good support around the $700 level. I think it will go up again soon.
yes eth is already up to 700$ price value
chines market is pushing eth coin as NO.1 blockchain in crypto
and i admit that eth is the no.1 blockchain
the future of eth is realy looks bright and hope eth coin price will cross or touch 2000$ in the very end of 2018

If the price of ETH is 2000 dollars in this year, it means it could be the No 1 coin.
Not sure about that. Remember the bitcoin price will always even higher. That means if that couldn't be true. Remember when ethereum worth around $1k and each bitcoin price will cost around $18k.
I just expect the price of ethereum to be doubled or tripled when the block reward of etheum will get a lot of decrease due to the pos update. It will have dropped from 3 to the 0.6 eth for every block. 

I do agree but how far it will help to the community when they start converting into POS. Bitcoin far behind and many people are making false guess about the market by comparing the bitcoin and ethereum price.

Ya...assuming the btc and eth price stay tightly coupled is gonna lead you to trouble. Both have large communities, large volumes, and most important: direct avenues to fiat. Trying to estimate prices based on a comparison is bad idea.

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
mehar_gee

Activity: 504
Merit: 128

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:12:43 PM

I wish the price would boom quickly Cheesy
Ethereum price will boom in near future. As you see that price of ethereum is getting down, right now standing at $679.
Don't worry few days ago china government provides ratings on cryptocurrencies., Ethereum scores very high in ratings.
Ethereum is on the top in china ratings. 80.3 in technology, 23.7 in applicability and 25.4 in creativity.
Total score obtained by ethereum is 129.4 points.  Cool Ethereum price will be boom soon.
Small drawdowns in the price - this is normal. But do not pay attention to this. Very soon we will have a flight to the moon. We have been waiting for this for a long time.
We are in mid of may and in past days ethereum pushed up to $830 then constantly pulled back to above $700.
This is a sign of ethereum can be any time move from a lower position to a higher one.
Let's hope ethereum will be cross ATH price in coming months and flight will be land in $5k.  Cool
It seems the ETH has good support around the $700 level. I think it will go up again soon.
yes eth is already up to 700$ price value
chines market is pushing eth coin as NO.1 blockchain in crypto
and i admit that eth is the no.1 blockchain
the future of eth is realy looks bright and hope eth coin price will cross or touch 2000$ in the very end of 2018

If the price of ETH is 2000 dollars in this year, it means it could be the No 1 coin.
Not sure about that. Remember the bitcoin price will always even higher. That means if that couldn't be true. Remember when ethereum worth around $1k and each bitcoin price will cost around $18k.
I just expect the price of ethereum to be doubled or tripled when the block reward of etheum will get a lot of decrease due to the pos update. It will have dropped from 3 to the 0.6 eth for every block. 

I do agree but how far it will help to the community when they start converting into POS. Bitcoin far behind and many people are making false guess about the market by comparing the bitcoin and ethereum price.

Ya...assuming the btc and eth price stay tightly coupled is gonna lead you to trouble. Both have large communities, large volumes, and most important: direct avenues to fiat. Trying to estimate prices based on a comparison is bad idea.
well is eth rises then btc will also rise and one thing is for sure that btc price will always ahead from ethereum
i heard alot of news that bitcoin will again rise and when its rise it will break its previous all time high record
with this eth will follow bitcoin as always eth do
and its only possible when more investors with alot of money will jump in crypto and the total market cap will increase 1 trillion$
my dream2021

Activity: 359
Merit: 61

︻┳デ═—

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:40:24 PM

Any one can tell me what is goin on coz I see someone give away 243,2 eth for everyone at random Shocked.

This addreas he : https://etherscan.io/address/0x5ce6740cf225d9726aba221c693aa5dade4cf9ca

This addreas smart contack for sent eth : https://etherscan.io/address/0x7e4539836ab1effc5fc78366f6d87a898b224271

"BTC Bitcoin is a man-made, open-source technology – not a gift handed down from the heavens"
yurimir
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:21:41 PM

Good job! Dharma Protocol v1 is Live on the Ethereum Mainnet in Public Beta

https://blog.dharma.io/dharma-protocol-v1-is-live-on-mainnet-95f8ef770c2c
wgq1981

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:48:39 AM

The price of Ethereum breaks the recent shock pattern of the box and enters the next section. 480 dollars may be a good location.
magix

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:02:49 AM

I am interested to find out more about ethereum scaling solutions. So far I've read about Raiden Network, Plasma / Plasma Cash, Striim (officially launched this week), Sharding and a bit about Casper.
With Raiden I am not sure why initially it was in the official Ethereum roadmap as "the lightning network of ethereum" or something like that, and now is a separate project. Nobody said anything about that but I think it's an important detail. Anyone knows? Looks like devs are still active on it.
About Plasma the issue with the exponential scalability resides in users having to download/authenticate each plasma block. So with Plasma Cash there would be an extra plasma coin with unique id created for every user every time they, say, deposit on an exchange and whatnot thus compared to Plasma have the only requisite to pay attention to the blocks that contain coins they want to track.
Then there's Striim by Hubii which is gonna bring an ethereum scaling solution and protocol but not too much info on it yet, other than the launch will be in a day or two and the striim tokens will be gradually airdropped to hbt token holders. Positive is their partnership with telenor which is gonna jumpstart the use of it for micropayments.
Differently from off-chain solutions like Striim and Raiden, Sharding is an on-chain scaling solution, i.e. it maintains all transactions on the original blockchain. Sharding basically allows for operations to run not in a linear way but simultaneously which results in higher TPS. In short with sharding the ethereum network is divided in multpile nodes (aka shards), which process all the transactions that occur within that group.
To me it seems sharding will be the most impactful but also will take the longest to implement; but being onchain it is also intrinsecally different from raiden and other offchain solutions which are easier to "plug" in the network do absorb dust transactions right out of the box.
Will offchain solutions continue to exist and be utilised even once solid onchain mechanisms are implemented?
I believe so. Scalability/security/decentralization is not only a trilemma, but really a cat-and-mouse game where you also have to compete against other aspiring networks and protocols which try to boost higher and higher tps (some of which aren't even a blockchain.. cough hashgraph cough..).
I agree with you, namely with your statement
"To me it seems like sharding will be the most impactful, but also on the inside, and on the other hand, it's also intrinsically different from raiden and other offchain solutions that are easier to plug in the network. of the box. "
It is these actions that should be carried out now.
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:51:48 PM

They held an ICO for the Raiden network and I'm sure that Vitalik was against it. Among all of these solutions my favourite is Sharding despite the fact that it will take more time to be implemented, I prefer an on chain solution

CobraJ

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

ch4534ch3ckn3v3rch453481tch

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:03:41 PM

I wrote about Hubii's ethereum scaling solution Striim yesterday and there you go, it was just formally announced a couple of hours ago: https://medium.com/@jacobotoll/striim-hubii-is-scaling-the-ethereum-network-95f555d80fdc
Looks interesting, also for what concerns the "revenue will be generated from the moment Striim is deployed" part. The approach is more pragmatic and action-oriented rather than idealist/theoretical.
Seems like it will be deployed to the Ethereum public testnet in the coming week, and the whitepaper has been already written for what concerns the non-technical part (the rest will be prepared starting next week).

Thoughts?

A distributed system attempts to access an API data source, but since the nodes need not execute the instructions simultaneously, the data provided by the API can yield different results. Hence you need to build some kind of time to API value lookup table; formally called oracle.
YoungBoss18

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:06:35 PM

The price of Ethereum breaks the recent shock pattern of the box and enters the next section. 480 dollars may be a good location.
Now the market is too difficult situation. But we will continue to believe that at the end of the year the price will be $ 2000.
dr.cheema

Activity: 826
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:36:56 PM

I wrote about Hubii's ethereum scaling solution Striim yesterday and there you go, it was just formally announced a couple of hours ago: https://medium.com/@jacobotoll/striim-hubii-is-scaling-the-ethereum-network-95f555d80fdc
Looks interesting, also for what concerns the "revenue will be generated from the moment Striim is deployed" part. The approach is more pragmatic and action-oriented rather than idealist/theoretical.
Seems like it will be deployed to the Ethereum public testnet in the coming week, and the whitepaper has been already written for what concerns the non-technical part (the rest will be prepared starting next week).

Thoughts?
Yeah recently i read article about Hubii's ethereum scaling solution Striim. Here is the beginning of Hubii Project, they haven't collected enough funds
but Hubii team managed this project wisely. They haven't spend money to get list on exchanges.
Let's hope Hubii will compete bravely with raiden network. Well i am very excited about Striim and Hubii Film.
Now waiting for Striim airdrop, news will be publish in coming weeks.  Smiley
Cangkeman Wae

Activity: 826
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:42:30 PM

I hope that ethereum can be independent and not dependent with bitcoin, ethereum being the # 1 choice in china and with large transaction volume then when bitcoin price drop then ethereum price should have skyrocketed so soon become # 1.
nick1492

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 02:26:02 AM

It will not be that easy to immediately overcome bitcoin. Bitcoin is bitcoin. The mother of all coins. But surely, algo of bitcoin is being surpassed by the new coins. Ethereums infrastructure are slowly being layed world wide. When more and more have used it and experienced it. Transaction payments, sending and receiving money. Knowing a much lower transfer fees. May be later, it can surpass bitcoin. Time is an essence for ethereum.

cuongnp7777

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:29:08 AM

I like ETH and mining ETH for everyday. But now mining very hard   Smiley
ninobtcx

Activity: 418
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:00:55 AM

Thoughts?

Was just looking for this.
Good news indeed.
The extent of Striim being a tokenized ethereum raiden-style ethereum scaling solution will possibly determine Buterin's stance on it. However regardless of this, Striim will be utilized since its launch and from there it will be an open-for-adoption protocol which many other projects based on ethereum will be welcome to use.
I think this is a great example on how even a self-motivated (read: evil capitalist) concept can actually help the ethereum network.
If Hubii is successful with Striim (and I am very confident it will be), in the future there will be further similar self-motivated offchain scaling solutions and this will only help ethereum. If to this we add the slow but steady progress of the internal scaling initiatives like sharding, the future of ethereum seems bright, no matter how these recent days of network congestion might have been embarassing and putting ethereum in a bad light (also because of the ressons behind the congestion).

By the way regarding Striim let's see how really tokenized the system will be.. as it looks like in practical terms the only tokens used for transaction will be hubii native ones (hbt) whereas the striim tokens will serve governance purposes.
xianwei82

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:36:38 AM

Ethereum has entered a new adjustment cycle, and this adjustment target will be around $488. I have already prepared some USDT to wait for this price to buy.
usercryptomany

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:43:00 AM

Ethereum has entered a new adjustment cycle, and this adjustment target will be around $488. I have already prepared some USDT to wait for this price to buy.
where did you get this information ? can you share a link to an official source? I'm thinking primarily the price depends on the bitcoin rate and not on the setup
ju34400

Activity: 1274
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:15:14 AM

hey
someone would know why gas price doen't decrease under 12 Gwei for few weeks now?
i looked for if there was a new stupid kitty game but didnt found
Pages: « 1 ... 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 [940] 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: