Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:57:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 [964] 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003813 times)
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:44:27 PM

So Bankex Plasma is just a Plasma implementation? This means that there can be many Plasma's implementations? I'ts not trustless because you have to trust a Plasma operator you said, but in the future we'll see trustless transactions thanks to smart contracts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:59:03 PM

Ok but what really caused this surge in gas price? Right now is 51 gwei which is pure madness https://ethgasstation.info/. First gas burner is telegram ico apparently? (GRAM  token) https://etherscan.io/address/0x82d3a142ddd44d2bd29a683f0691fbead3bccc44 . Second is Hash Power Token https://etherscan.io/address/0x1a0c31837edb132a9312841b9527e6307db13509. Third one is another ICO ? 3D blockchain token? https://etherscan.io/address/0x11016adcb85b65a0da8d8ddc3ade69dbad6bbca4 . Never heard of this two lol

This is one of the true critical problems of the Ethereum platform - still not scalable enough not just for mass adoption, but even for any peaks of transaction traffic.

This is an old story by now. We all know there are scalability problems, but we also all know that solutions are under way.
How soon this problem will be fixed. Because of these high commissions, I can not send a small number of tokens. A few days ago it was enough to put the price of gas at 1-2 Gwei and everything was fine. And now again this.

Prolly not tomorrow and prolly not next month. I remember though that some of the ETH guys said we should see some improvements in 2018.
Tyr808

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:48:05 AM

Meanwhile ETC is proceeding towards the flippening of ETH.. one day at a time.

onecall123

Activity: 2044
Merit: 323

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:00:46 AM

Has Ethereum network get congestions due to massive ICO and bounty payments.
It sounds a bit ridiculous!
Ethereum price stable around $460, as we know that ethereum network overloaded again. Few bounty payments stucked cause of the high gwei price. I also want to transfer ethereum to exchange but i can't, Transaction can be stuck for days.

Sharding and Casper to come. Don't worry.
Now only we can wait and keep my eyes on ethereum network. I also heard that Ethereum team going to improve the network. let's hope ethereum network will be normal soon.  Smiley

It's ridiculous right now, pending for hours now then network failure. Meanwhile the gas price has been going wild recently. In case, let it run smoothly must overwriting with higher gas, that's kinda expensive. What we can do, Just relax and be patient to solve the congestion over the Ethereum network!

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:41:49 AM

Well if we talk about the price of ethereum, in my common of analysis all of the alternative coins price will goes down while the king of cryptocurrencies (bitcoin) price goes down, i don't know about the number of ethereum price when the price of cryptocurrencies goes down due to it needs more deep analysis technical to find the support or resistance area.
I don't know how exact your analysis is, but the fact is there are massively big sell walls at 0.14 BTC for each ETH.
Sounds crazy a bit, right ?
Well..  for the simple explanation about my analysis of price is, when the bitcoin's price goes up will be followed by all of cryptocurrencies price include the ethereum due to the first of cryptocurrencies is the bitcoin, so cryptocurrencies price depends on the bitcoin's price. I don't care about fluctuation in the price for short time for me the most important is for six months later.  Wink
wenwen

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:39:24 AM

Hello everybody. Today I learned that the network is overloaded because the new exchange gives out coins of 1 to 10 coins for free. My wallet is already full of such coins. I wish everyone good luck.

Ethereum price stable around $460, as we know that ethereum network overloaded again. Few bounty payments stucked cause of the high gwei price. I also want to transfer ethereum to exchange but i can't, Transaction can be stuck for days.
Now only we can wait and keep my eyes on ethereum network. I also heard that Ethereum team going to improve the network. let's hope ethereum network will be normal soon.  Smiley
wangxiaoyan888666

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:52:40 AM

Ethereum urgently needs new technologies to improve the handling performance of the chain. The substantial improvement of public chain performance is the important foundation for the application of block chain application.
Galabau24

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:01:17 PM

Hi here is another way to pay with Crypto money in stores, you can use Bitcoins, Ethereum and Minexcoins. The cards can be ordered for about 1 week ....
https://minexpay.com/ Wink
AZDIN

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:04:00 PM

The Civil platform is based on the ethereum blockchain, a distributed ledger that could allow newsrooms to post content no single party can alter or take down, while ethereum-based smart contracts could enable innovative methods of earning and distributing revenue to content creators.

The blockchain might also allow Civil to conduct an experiment in decentralized governance using an ethereum-based ERC-20 token. Through what Coolidge called the "Civil economic game," newsrooms and readers might soon be able to enforce journalistic standards on a media industry that seems determined to forget them.

The "game" hasn't begun yet, but Coolidge said that a sale of the CVL crypto token is "imminent."

In the meantime, newsrooms have already begun to publish on the Civil platform, including Documented, which covers immigrant communities in New York and the national immigration policies that affect them; Cannabis Wire, which tracks developments in the marijuana industry; and Sludge, which reports on lobbying and the influence of special interests in politics.

Alyson Martin, co-founder of Cannabis Wire, called Civil:

"One of the most worthwhile experiments in journalism that I'm aware of at a time when new solutions to the business of journalism are badly needed."

In all, Coolidge said, nearly 100 journalists have signed up for the platform.

Permanent and un-censorable
To understand how Civil plans on changing journalism, it's helpful to understand the main feature of the ethereum blockchain that the project plans to take advantage of.

The ethereum blockchain is not located in one place or controlled by one party but instead, stored and simultaneously updated across a large, distributed network of computers. This means that articles published on Civil cannot be changed or taken down by governments, hackers or any other entity.

Journalists who have launched newsrooms on Civil are particularly excited about this aspect.

"Creating indelible online publishing is an idea that really drew me," said Documented co-founder Max Siegelbaum.

David Moore, co-founder of Sludge, had similar things to say, contending that ethereum's censorship resistance is "terrific" for readers "in countries that have even more actively oppressive speech restrictions and government surveillance than the U.S. does."

Even without government interference, though, journalists have seen their work evaporate overnight, and as such like the idea of an immutable record. Coolidge cited the example of Gothamist and DNAinfo, publications that were abruptly shut down by their owner in November 2017, leading all their content to temporarily disappear from the internet (their archives were restored after a backlash and the publications were later bought).

Yet, for the time being, most Civil articles will sit on newsrooms' centralized servers, meaning they could potentially be taken down or changed.

Instead of storing the full-text articles, Civil's smart contracts – which have not launched yet – will store their hashes, enabling readers to verify that the article has not been modified. Hashes are strings of numbers and letters obtained by running data through certain algorithms. A given set of data will always yield the same hash, but if even one letter of the original data is changed, the hash will come out completely different.

Dan Kinsley, co-founder and engineering lead at Civil, described this approach as "a way to set us up in the future for decentralized file storage," perhaps using the Interplanetary File System (IPFS).

For especially high-value or sensitive content, though, newsrooms could store full-text articles directly on ethereum smart contracts today, but they'll have to pay higher network fees to the miners who maintain the blockchain.

New revenue models
Ethereum's smart contracts, which enable programs to be executed on the blockchain by means of publicly visible code, could change the way newsrooms monetize as well.

Readers, for instance, could subscribe to publications through smart contracts or pay per article – whatever model a newsroom chooses. And these payments could not be blocked by governments or anyone else.

Revenues could also be distributed in newer, more complex ways through smart contracts.

"There's many participants in getting a story to print," Kinsley said, naming editors, fact checkers, reporters, photographers and producers of other articles cited by that story.

He continued:

"One of our goals is to allow the value to trickle down to all of the participants in this value chain through licensing and content attribution and having that all on the blockchain so if one piece of content goes viral, how can you bring some of that value down to the photographer that took that original photo and licensed it in your article?"

For now, Kinsley said, these innovations are a ways off, but he noted, "That's something we're keenly interested in solving."

He also made it clear that "for the near term, we expect the bulk of payments to occur via credit cards."

Finally, ethereum's smart contracts could allow newsrooms and audiences alike to commission work, expanding the ways in which journalism is produced and paid for.

Moore expressed excitement at the idea that Sludge could put out a bounty for reporting from a freelancer, and readers could post bounties for a story they wanted to see reported.

Spot the fake news
While new revenue models are likely to be alluring for many newsrooms today, the most ambitious aspect of Civil's platform has to do with its token-based governance system.

Using the yet-to-be launched CVL token, the project hopes to bring so-called "crypto-economics" to bear on one of journalism's biggest problems. As Coolidge described it, the system is a kind of game, in which the objective is to "spot the unethical newsroom" – and there's a monetary reward if you succeed.

Every newsroom on the platform deposits a certain number of CVL tokens, and if one participant feels another is behaving unethically – printing fake news or hate speech, plagiarizing, encouraging violence or otherwise violating the rules of the Civil constitution – they can challenge the alleged offender's place on the platform by staking a matching deposit of tokens.

The other platform members then vote according to their token holdings, and if the challenger wins, the offending outlet is booted off of Civil (and its tokens distributed to voters on the winning side). If the challenger loses, they forfeit the tokens they staked and the newsroom they challenged stays put.

The point, Coolidge explained, is to provide a mechanism for keeping newsrooms honest, but also to take subjective bias out of the equation.

"It's not just because I'm a Republican and you're a Democrat and I don't like your politics, I'm going to challenge your newsroom," he said.

In other words, in Coolidge's optimistic interpretation, the Civil governance system not only counteracts fake news, it enables "a very diverse ideological and political spectrum of newsrooms" – what he also called "the anti-echo chamber."

It's not hard to imagine the system being exploited, however.

Peter Thiel, a billionaire tech entrepreneur, funded a lawsuit that bankrupted the news outlet Gawker after it outed him as gay (the lawsuit was brought by a different plaintiff over an unrelated issue). Creating a token economy system that gives wealthier participants more voting power almost seems like it could streamline the process of taking out pesky newsrooms.

Coolidge said that thought kept the Civil team up for many nights, but by creating the Civil Foundation, an independent body set up to govern the platform developed, whereby decisions can be appealed, he hopes to prevent something like that from happening.

It's worth noting that this structure bears some resemblance to EOS, where the arbitration process has led to unintended consequences.

For now, journalists on the platform are more focused on Civil's possibilities than its potential pitfalls. Siegelbaum told CoinDesk:

"They've really enabled an experimental way of covering news to flourish a little more."

------by David Floyd------
Galabau24

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:27:57 PM

Hi here is another way to pay with Crypto money in stores, you can use Bitcoins, Ethereum and Minexcoins. The cards can be ordered for about 1 week ....
https://minexpay.com/ Wink

(USD, EUR, BTC, ETH, MNX)  Or spend your Ether in Shops with Debit Cards....
alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:30:36 AM

After such Vitalik statements ETH can remove from Coinbase, and all will start to move to the ETC

Sale the first NFT of the first foto
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:10:02 AM

Ethereum urgently needs new technologies to improve the handling performance of the chain. The substantial improvement of public chain performance is the important foundation for the application of block chain application.
Sharding and Casper to come will solve network issues.
It's not the first time, Buterin and Ethereum team will certainly find a complete solutions, finally.

Eth need implement sharding and Casper for solve more problem of scalability and a green network but I read this technology can start from 2020 I think 2 year are too time we need wait for this ... what do you think? This long time risk eth technology can surpassed from other blockchain technology. Thanks for attention.
Tyr808

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:42:42 AM

Now even casper has been delayed to 2020, and vitalik seems to ignore new independent offchain scaling solutions like striim.
Not looking good for ETH - especially after failing this latest fcoin airdrop stress test.
Highly likely the ETC flippening is coming. To be safe, in a situation like this anyone holding ETH should hold the same amount of ETC

wangxiaoyan888666

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:49:00 AM

Recently, ETH rebounded by 20%, and has now risen to the pressure level of the downward trend line. Temporarily selling part of the position is a good risk control strategy.
bitcircle
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:50:36 AM

Now even casper has been delayed to 2020, and vitalik seems to ignore new independent offchain scaling solutions like striim.
Not looking good for ETH - especially after failing this latest fcoin airdrop stress test.
Highly likely the ETC flippening is coming. To be safe, in a situation like this anyone holding ETH should hold the same amount of ETC

ETC has no chance to overtake ETH in near future the real support is still with this project. Even ETH network is becoming problematic due to high traffic than high transaction fee is looking terrible but I don't think ETC could take advantage of these issues. There are so many other projects who will become more stronger in future.  
deksa

Activity: 94

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:08:44 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2018, 08:32:55 AM by deksa

Anyone using ASUS Radeon RX 580 8GB Dual-fan OC Edition GDDR5?
I got a pretty good deal for this model but the thing is, I found different opinions someone says it is decent, someone says it has a bad cooling.
Any first hand experiences here? Someone mining with such? What are the temperature, clocks, and what algo are you mining with it? Do you also have any other model to compare the Asus with it?
Thanks!
denam

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:15:39 AM

I think some projects will bring relief to Ethereum's blockchain after moving to their own chains. Some projects are in final stages and others are in preparation to start migration. I do agree that Ethereum has enough time to solve the scaling issues before some project really challenging its dominance in smart contract services providers.
Samthehero

Activity: 393

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:25:20 AM

I got a pretty good deal for this model but the thing is, I found different opinions someone says it is decent, someone says it has a bad cooling.
Any first hand experiences here? Someone mining with such? What are the temperature, clocks, and what algo are you mining with it? Do you also have any other model to compare the Asus with it?
Thanks!

Not sure where that bad cooling comment comes from. Bad cooling compared to what? Asus usually has decent cooling.
deksa

Activity: 94

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:50:26 AM

Thanks!

Not sure where that bad cooling comment comes from. Bad cooling compared to what? Asus usually has decent cooling.

I know I have Asus ROG Strix on 1080ti and the cooling is awesome!
The thing is this is Dual model (with 2 fans) and people are comparing it with MSI and Sapphire cooling.
I also have MSI Armors and currently I mine Ethash with 31 Mhs and 59 celsuis. Undervolted and bios modded.
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:04:24 PM

ETC won't overtake Ethereum but you're right, ETH si facing the same old problems and out there there are other platformswith better scaling, for example smart contracts are coming to Ark and Waves, both are better, one with bridgechains the other with WavesNG

Pages: « 1 ... 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 [964] 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: