Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:55:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003812 times)
sebdude420

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:00:56 AM

Hey Vitalik good luck and congratulations! Was nice to meet you at the Bitcoins Inside Vegas conference. Purchased one of every magazine you had available. I will be doing my best to learn about ethereum!

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
_ingsoc

Activity: 452
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:49:52 AM

It could be Goldman Sachs plot trying to control the future of the crypto-currency world....

organizer

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:33:57 PM

It could be Goldman Sachs plot trying to control the future of the crypto-currency world.... At 8:12 in their introductory video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5FDvzj8YX4 ) one of the founders mentions that employees from Goldman Sachs are working in the Ethereum team. No offence to Vitalik, I respect him but he could have been conned...

Do you follow the financial markets at all? Stocks, bonds, etc? If so, you'd know that for a long time now Wall Street has been recruiting talent to develop ultra complex trading vehicles... like the derivatives or the default swaps on mortgages that almost collapsed the economy....there's also a whole dark side of stocks for a long time now involved in high frequency trading that trades off algos... these guys aren't the "banker" cliche you might be thinking about...

with that said, it's my personal belief that Wall St. will get involved (if not already are)... if they can make money, they'll show up... I would guess there's a good deal already trading in coins... developing platforms for alt-coins...

Is it a good thing or bad thing that they'll eventually be the big player in cryptos? I dunno. But it's why Eth is compelling to me as a possible investment. One of the possible uses is developing financial derivatives... which might get mainstream money to back Eth more than anything else....

gutshot5820

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:42:44 PM

People should be aware that this entity is attempting to raise 36 Million even before the launch of the coin through a pre-sale and that they are pre-mining 50% of the coin before launch...all for a software that will be cloned instantly after launch.  Also, since they are trying to crowdfundraise they need to by law register and file the proper paperwork with the SEC and agencies in Canada and whatever countries they are doing business in.  So far all they have is a youtube video and a few message boards and they want to become millionaires and extract 36 million dollars from the Bitcoin community all before even launching. 

Yes, thats right 36 million in crowdfundraising from the bitcoin community plus 50% pre-mine and all they have so far is a youtube video.  No transparency , no bonds, no insurance, no background checks, nothing.  Anytime an entity tries to raise any amount of money they must file the proper paperwork with complete certified financials, background on principle owners and officers, business plan, competition risk, etc.. This is to prevent fraud.  None of this has been done and they are asking for 36 million before launch in untraceable bitcoin money.

If you like the technology, don't buy into their pre-sale that is just dumb and rewarding these guys for doing nothing and basically turning them into millionaires before launch.  They are basically leaving the entire risk on the Bitcoin community.  They have nothing invested into this project yet and they want to get PAID before it even starts.  They are asking  you to GIVE them 30,000 Bitcoins before it even launches.  I say frack them.  Let them earn their money like all the other devs.  Buy it aftermarket.  They are going to dump a lot of 50% pre-mined coins aftermarket when they realize there is not enough people dumb enough to give them 30,000 Bitcoins and 50% pre-mine before the damn thing even launches.

These guys have ZERO risk and want to be millionaires before it even launches.  They are asking for 30,000 Bitcoins from you.  PLUS 50% pre-mine, PLUS huge salary. Insane and all for open source software that will be copied one hundred times after launch.
Praeconium

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:48:09 PM

Great project, lets wait for the actual IPO prospect and see exactly what is offered. But defiantly needed in some form!
gutshot5820

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:53:25 PM

Great project, lets wait for the actual IPO prospect and see exactly what is offered. But defiantly needed in some form!

The IPO prospectus?  Are you kidding me??  This is not a registered security and they have not filed the proper paperwork with SEC or any agency.  The prospectus will not be worth the ink on paper its printed on.  The prospectus they provide not be reviewed by the SEC, it will read like a marketing brochure.
_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 02:00:54 PM

People should be aware that this entity is attempting to raise 36 Million even before the launch of the coin through a pre-sale and that they are pre-mining 50% of the coin before launch...all for a software that will be cloned instantly after launch.  Also, since they are trying to crowdfundraise they need to by law register and file the proper paperwork with the SEC and agencies in Canada and whatever countries they are doing business in.  So far all they have is a youtube video and a few message boards and they want to become millionaires and extract 36 million dollars from the Bitcoin community all before even launching. 

Yes, thats right 36 million in crowdfundraising from the bitcoin community plus 50% pre-mine and all they have so far is a youtube video.  No transparency , no bonds, no insurance, no background checks, nothing.  Anytime an entity tries to raise any amount of money they must file the proper paperwork with complete certified financials, background on principle owners and officers, business plan, competition risk, etc.. This is to prevent fraud.  None of this has been done and they are asking for 36 million before launch in untraceable bitcoin money.

If you like the technology, don't buy into their pre-sale that is just dumb and rewarding these guys for doing nothing and basically turning them into millionaires before launch.  They are basically leaving the entire risk on the Bitcoin community.  They have nothing invested into this project yet and they want to get PAID before it even starts.  They are asking  you to GIVE them 30,000 Bitcoins before it even launches.  I say frack them.  Let them earn their money like all the other devs.  Buy it aftermarket.  They are going to dump a lot of 50% pre-mined coins aftermarket when they realize there is not enough people dumb enough to give them 30,000 Bitcoins and 50% pre-mine before the damn thing even launches.

These guys have ZERO risk and want to be millionaires before it even launches.  They are asking for 30,000 Bitcoins from you.  PLUS 50% pre-mine, PLUS huge salary. Insane and all for open source software that will be copied one hundred times after launch.

Pay no attention to this financial troll. Matt Y has uncovered his motive and exposed this troll for what he is. He's most likely an embedded agent working against you, the people, for his own gain!

The year is 2016, gutshot5820 is revealed as the biggest investor in the under funded, yet wildly successful, Ethereum currency. The cryptocurrency community collectively facepalms around the world.

SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:03:28 PM

Pay no attention to this financial troll. Matt Y has uncovered his motive and exposed this troll for what he is. He's most likely an embedded agent working against you, the people, for his own gain!

The year is 2016, gutshot5820 is revealed as the biggest investor in the under funded, yet wildly successful, Ethereum currency. The cryptocurrency community collectively facepalms around the world.

For this to happen, he will need to be ready to shell up to 10K-15K BTC, not for the faint of heart.
KoinMaster

Activity: 323

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:05:01 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 02:15:39 PM by KoinMaster

@gutshot5820 -> I second that
@_ingsoc -> The old trick of name-calling and labeling instead of reasonable arguments doesn't work anymore. Too many things turned out to be true in the last 10-15 years which were previously labelled "conspiracy theories".
@organizer -> True. They are hiring the best and brightest and trying to become big players in the crypto world. But this doesn't change the fact that they will try to control the crypo-currency markets by any means. Ethereum could be one of their first try. They could be manipulating the naive Vitalik and the other guys in the project for their purpose with the slogan "you'll change the world"....

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:06:04 PM

Vitalik is a 19 y.o. child - IQ is irrelevant here, he can be gamed very easily...
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:14:45 PM

good luck ! ill definetly support this !
_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 02:25:30 PM

Vitalik is a 19 y.o. child - IQ is irrelevant here, he can be gamed very easily...

This shit has to stop. His age is absolutely irrelevant. It is no different than discriminating against him on the basis of race or sex, or anything else. You can obviously be gamed pretty easily if you prescribe to that point of view.

organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:26:43 PM

@organizer -> True. They are hiring the best and brightest and trying to become big players in the crypto world. But this doesn't change the fact that they will try to control the crypo-world by any means. Ethereum could be one of their first try. They could be manipulating the naive Vitalik and the other guys in the project for their purpose with the slogan "you'll change the world"....

I'm not a conspiracy theory guy at all, but I don't care about the worries of wall st., etc. trying to take shit over. Why? Because it's not a conspiracy theory, it's already happened. Politicians are driven (and funded) by corporations. Even the most noble of causes can't move forward without corporate backing (trust me, I work with many non-profits). We're past a point where significant "change" can happen without big money taking over. Hell, Coinbase has ex-Goldman guys involved if i remember right.

My point is, while Crypto started as a grass-roots, underground, whatever term you want to use, it can't ever continue without these players being involved.

To try to target out one project as the "one" that is being backed by whatever nefarious group you want to apply to it is just nuts. Those people are here and will be here as long as money is to be made.

The investments involved in crypto is still really low compared to the amounts of money they have. So the money players won't back just one promising project, they'll back many if not all (not talking about crap coins). No amount of forum spamming will stop this.

There will be some evolution of BTC & Crypto, there always are technological advancements. I don't know what it is, I don't know if ETH will be it. It might be, it might not be. It's a speculative investment.

I would guess that 99% of us are here to make money. Most people aren't involved in any projects, probably like me just miners or traders. So what do we do? make our best guess on what is worth backing and what should be avoided and put our heads down and try to make some money from it.

I don't understand why people put so much effort into spamming forums, it's not going to change anyone's minds. If they are indeed backers of other "competitors" it won't change anything either.

klee
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:29:03 PM

This shit has to stop. His age is absolutely irrelevant. It is no different than discriminating against him on the basis of race or sex, or anything else. You can obviously be gamed pretty easily if you prescribe to that point of view.
Do you remember yourself at this age? A pussy is enough for most...
_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 02:35:31 PM

Welcome to my block list. Cheesy In all seriousness, people who bitch about Vitalik being 19 are so obviously intimidated and insecure about the fact that some "kid" is far more intelligent and sure of himself than all of the people pushing this age bs combined. I wish more would see this and support people like Vitalik. Our community ought to lift them up and help them, instead of tripping over our egos and trying to break them down because we can't handle it.

klee
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:43:13 PM

Welcome to my block list. Cheesy In all seriousness, people who bitch about Vitalik being 19 are so obviously intimidated and insecure about the fact that some "kid" is far more intelligent and sure of himself than all of the people pushing this age bs combined. I wish more would see this and support people like Vitalik. Our community ought to lift them up and help them, instead of tripping over our egos and trying to break them down because we can't handle it.
Satoshi was no idiot to stay anonymous IMO.

Now if ANYONE in this biz wants to be eponymous and avoid being bought/fucked/gamed by the status quo...
Let alone a 19 y.o. kid - he is either naive (like dacoin and Invictus) or he is one of them.
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:47:37 PM

Think about it. It is only half joking.

UtopianFuture's rules of crypto industry's successes :

1. Inventor of revolutionary and successful crypto is anonymous and not asking for money

2. Makers of crypto clones can be successful and and not anonymous if they don't ask for money

3. If you think inventors of successful crypto can ask for money and not be anonymous, see rule number 1

More bullshit from you.  Now you are trying to fear monger people into thinking that all  government is bad and we should never obey the law because...who the fuk knows why?  Im not a big fan of government, but am I a fan of full disclosure and filing proper paperwork and bonds to insure that people don't get ripped off?  Hell yes.  Anyone who keeps repeating that government is bad bad bad because they dont want to file the correct paperwork and disclosures is obviously hiding something.  You are a cockroach, I read some of your previous posts and you obviously have an interest in ethereum being successful so you are willing to tell people that they are government lovers if they want transparency.  Frack you.

It costs $800,000 in legal costs and filing fees to do an IPO. This money is much better used to fund development than to feed parasites.

Your content, vocabulary, and grammar all reveal an incredible lack of class.

So you are saying your company refuses to comply with rules and regulations to save money for development? LMAO you just made me laugh in public.  A venture capitalist could fund twenty coins like ethereum with 36 million and have money left over for a Mercedes for every employee.  Why don't you just raise 36.8 million who the fuk would notice anyways?  Whats another 800,000 among strangers, at least people would have peace of mind and know what they are getting into.  You are not only rude and crass but you are ignorant as well.

A rule of thumb, any company that refuses to comply with regulations to save money or save in fees.  If it is that easy to deceive the government, how much easier to steal your money?  Companies that skirt laws from inception will never last long.

Rule number two:  Never fuckin invest a dime into a company when the principle owners dont have one cent invested.

Rule number three:  Trust but ALWAYS verify

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
KoinMaster

Activity: 323

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:57:41 PM

@organizer: We are here to exchange ideas. I disagree with you that nobody will change his/her mind. This had happened to me several times in the past by reading other views on a topic.

As surprising as it might sound from me, I might invest in Ethereum and get out before the pump phase is over. The basic idea is ingenious, I respect Vitalik very much. But until the role of Goldman Sachs hasn't been clarified I won't trust this project.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
marcusnz

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:38:43 PM

The fundraising starts on feb 1st and goes for 2 months, but when does eth actually officially launch?
_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 03:45:14 PM

The fundraising starts on feb 1st and goes for 2 months, but when does eth actually officially launch?

No date has been announced yet. All we know is that it'll be a few months. First there'll be a contest regarding Dagger/Slasher involving many research groups, then testnet mining I imagine, and then finally mainnet mining in a few months. You can actually check out and clone/compile code right now in a few languages.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: