Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:49:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003797 times)
gutshot5820

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:30:30 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 04:26:38 AM by gutshot5820

Thinking out loud here... just to be prepared, if fund raising will go on as described:

Lets say there are max 500 active readers on this thread, 250 may eventually invest in fund raising. Lets limit our investment from 0.01 to max. 5 BTC if you are still compelled to invest.  Those who invest 5 BTC are still making 500x investment.  If this community can agree to this, this will limit the X factor within an acceptable range and puts Eth in its rightful place, with no proven product and no indication of long term commitment.  

There were 1200 people in Miami conference, max 600 may invest.  So my guess is maybe with limited media exposure, max a final total of 1000 people will invest in the 2 month period.  We can do our part to make sure funds total will not go beyond 1000 btc.

If after all this criticism and no answers to the legit questions raised on this thread, you still feel compelled to invest:  Limit your investment to less than 5 btc, preferably less than 1 and buy whatever you want later from the miners. That seems to be the most logical thing to do.  Eth is not going anywhere and it will not become the world's dominant cryptocurrency overnight.  I think the price will very likely drop when mining begins because miners prefer to exchange Eth with the proven BTC that holds value.

My prediction: the IPO will sell out within a week. Flame me all you want...just come back here February 8 so I can gloat.

Do you people have any idea how many whales are out there, already enriched beyond their wildest dreams by bitcoin's meteoric rise, willing to throw a few "pennies" (thousands of btc) at a worthy project? There are probably teenagers out there who got lucky with $100 three years ago, buying btc for pennies, who would think nothing of throwing a few thousand this way.

FWIW, I'm putting in the vast majority of my admittedly small bitcoin savings--because just a chance to be part of the next Apple, or Microsoft, or Java, or Google is enough for me.

WARNING!!!! 28 posts by this NEW user "ddink7" EVERY single one of his posts SPAMMING the Ethereum board.  NONE of his posts has any content or meaningful information.  Just verbal abuse towards anyone who has legitimate questions.  Classic shill.  This user ID was created for the sole purpose as a shill.  

"vast majority of  my savings"  "willing to throw a few "pennies" (thousands of btc) at a worthy project" "be part of the next Apple, or Microsoft, or Java, or Google"
This alone should ring warning bells, what kind of tactics are these Ethereum guys using?  This is disgusting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
organizer

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:31:44 AM

gutshot5820, what is your objective? you are all over here and Reddit (and probably other forums) bagging ethereium to such a degree that it borders on bizarre. Its one thing expressing your opinion, but jumping forums and just reiterating yourself over and over again is very suspicious. You made your point, and presented you argument, so what are you doing? why are you going to such extraordinary lengths to stop people from investing? are you some sort of moral crusader?

What's funny is if you look through his profile and try to figure out what he's all about, he's just a knucklehead like the rest of us trying to cash in on the next alt coin thing for a quick buck. He can't seem to make the connection that while he's yelling scam this and scam that, crying about how the community is being robbed, etc. He doesn't see the same thing happening in alt coins. 99% are junk and while you might be making money, you're lying to yourself to think it's a victimless act. If you dump your coins you mined onto someone while the price is high and it tanks, you just cost someone some money. Sure, it's the free market and caveat emptor. But apparently this doesn't apply to something he's clearly obsessed with.

gutshot5820

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:40:41 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 04:02:51 AM by gutshot5820

For all you shills that keep attacking people who are disgusted/disappointed at people with concerns.  Try a different tactic.  Try explaining to people exactly why the potentially 30,000 bitcoin and 50% pre-mine is necessary.  Explain to them in market cap terms how they will make a return on their investment.  Explain why they cannot get VC funding but why the bitcoin community should invest when any investment bank or hedge fund or VC will not?  Get us a background check on all the principle group and explain what exactly are their duties, what exact role they will be playing and how much each person will be paid. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered.  Your constant attacks are annoying.  You shills are easy to recognize, because none of your posts have any reasoning or statements, they are pure viscous attacks designed to scare off people from this message board.  

All you shills ever do is constantly keep pointing at articles, "Im going to invest my life savings," "if you miss out on this you will regret it."  WTF, do you think that people that stupid now?  Believe it or not, none of my posts will have any effect whatsoever on anyone's decision, but hopefully it will make them question and do their own homework before making a decision. I dont think theres anything wrong with that  If you cant tell by now, there are a lot of people wiser than me on this board concerning crypto investments and they have come to their own conclusions about the viability of this Ethereum investment.  Your constant attacking and demoralizing comments towards people who have questions is really just disgusting and Ive seen this tactic many times by people selling scammy products.  

If you think Ethereum is such a hot deal then you should just shut the hell up and quietly buy into it with your life savings and thank me later.  What are you worried about if you are not a shill? If Ethereum sells out in one week (LMAO) then you are either smoking crack or you will be one of the lucky ones that got to buy in and give these guys and their wall street advisers millions.  Personally, I think there will be plenty of people waiting in the wings to buy after the price sinks to its appropriate level.  But if you think its going to sell out 30,000 btc at one dollar an ETH and there will be so  much demand that there will be another 100,000 bitcoin demand/bids waiting to take it off your hands at double the price...I have a bridge Id like to sell you.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:08:44 AM

Is gutshot saying anything useful yet or is he still up to his regular antics? I put him on ignore like 20 pages ago lol

P.S. I'm still convinced he is taking a rather large position in the IPO and is trying to scare everyone else away so as not to dilute his stake.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
gutshot5820

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:17:07 AM

Is gutshot saying anything useful yet or is he still up to his regular antics? I put him on ignore like 20 pages ago lol

P.S. I'm still convinced he is taking a rather large position in the IPO and is trying to scare everyone else away so as not to dilute his stake.

"palmface" hope you are getting paid, why dont you add a reasonable argument or statement instead of devoting your entire posting history towards other people, probably because if you tried to write a detailed post about the merits of the investment in financial terms, instead of hyperbole you would get ripped to shreds by many of the knowledgeable investors on here.
FreddyFender

Activity: 215

Shamantastic!

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:18:12 AM

ddlink, I'll quote you on that! (shill?)
I think maybe Max is up to his old antics? Max, Max Kiester? You really are the biggest ass on forum right now. Please let us know your take on the 1st so you can properly gloat about all the sheeple who dropped investing because of your rants.
Bravo, kudos to the tactics and support crew. Your fingers and socks must be sore, take solace in the award of ETH you will pocket on Friday evening.

FF

majik

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:26:40 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 05:27:53 AM by majik

VB has been active in the last 6 hours:

http://www.reddit.com/user/vbuterin

GET RID OF THE PREMINE by TheMule74in ethereum
[–]vbuterin 2 points 3 hours ago
We are seriously worried that if we offer a small cap then some large investor will simply gobble it up all at once, and then we'll basically have Ripple. Judging by the response we have gotten so far, we realized that it is entirely possible, even if unlikely, that some whale with 200000 BTC sitting around will decide that Ethereum just might be the right coin to throw 10% into, and we need to work around such a possibility. If no whales come onboard on such a scale, then we will have a small market cap to start off anyway.
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:30:17 AM

I think maybe Max is up to his old antics? Max, Max Kiester? You really are the biggest ass on forum right now. Please let us know your take on the 1st so you can properly gloat about all the sheeple who dropped investing because of your rants.
Bravo, kudos to the tactics and support crew. Your fingers and socks must be sore, take solace in the award of ETH you will pocket on Friday evening.

FF

If I'm a shill, I sure have put in a hell of a lot of work into it:

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=19254

Dash - Digital Cash
FreddyFender

Activity: 215

Shamantastic!

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:41:28 AM

FF

I was actually using innuendo to describe gutshot5820 and you misunderstood. My apologies, as a canadian, I try to avoid the word sorry, but GS5820 is a real sorry case.

Ddlink,
 Thank you for anti-trolling and read my blogspot from June 2011 to get a clearer picture why I don't say much on the forums.

ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:43:54 AM

FF

I was actually using innuendo to describe gutshot5820 and you misunderstood. My apologies, as a canadian, I try to avoid the word sorry, but GS5820 is a real sorry case.

Ddlink,
 Thank you for anti-trolling and read my blogspot from June 2011 to get a clearer picture why I don't say much on the forums.

Ah, gotcha. No worries =)

Read your blog...it's just a shame. The litecoin forums are so much gentler and more welcoming than this one =(

Dash - Digital Cash
gutshot5820

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:49:41 AM

the hype machine is out in full force today.  once again no content or information, just inflammatory attacks.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:09:58 AM

If you support Ethereum you are fired - both metaphysically and spiritually from humanity. You are no longer human in my eyes because you are directly slowing technological progression and costing millions of human lives in the long run.

Umm...millions of lives? So you somehow think that Ethereum is going to be the marathon holocaust and that you're saving it by firing those who are interested? That's like beyond Trump crazy.

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:10:07 AM

Thinking out loud here... just to be prepared, if fund raising will go on as described:

Lets say there are max 500 active readers on this thread, 250 may eventually invest in fund raising. Lets limit our investment from 0.01 to max. 5 BTC if you are still compelled to invest.  Those who invest 5 BTC are still making 500x investment.  If this community can agree to this, this will limit the X factor within an acceptable range and puts Eth in its rightful place, with no proven product and no indication of long term commitment.  

There were 1200 people in Miami conference, max 600 may invest.  So my guess is maybe with limited media exposure, max a final total of 1000 people will invest in the 2 month period.  We can do our part to make sure funds total will not go beyond 1000 btc.

If after all this criticism and no answers to the legit questions raised on this thread, you still feel compelled to invest:  Limit your investment to less than 5 btc, preferably less than 1 and buy whatever you want later from the miners. That seems to be the most logical thing to do.  Eth is not going anywhere and it will not become the world's dominant cryptocurrency overnight.  I think the price will very likely drop when mining begins because miners prefer to exchange Eth with the proven BTC that holds value.

My prediction: the IPO will sell out within a week. Flame me all you want...just come back here February 8 so I can gloat.

Do you people have any idea how many whales are out there, already enriched beyond their wildest dreams by bitcoin's meteoric rise, willing to throw a few "pennies" (thousands of btc) at a worthy project? There are probably teenagers out there who got lucky with $100 three years ago, buying btc for pennies, who would think nothing of throwing a few thousand this way.

FWIW, I'm putting in the vast majority of my admittedly small bitcoin savings--because just a chance to be part of the next Apple, or Microsoft, or Java, or Google is enough for me.

Not as many as you think, most early BTC holders sold at various times in the past, very few actually held on since buying in '11.
_ingsoc

Activity: 452
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 05:21:38 AM

mining will start in 3days or thats just the funding date?

Mining is months away, according to the Ethereum people. The fundraiser starts on 1 February 2014 (00:00 GMT). In terms of mining, there'll be testnet first, followed by mainnet. You will have plenty of time to charge your lasers. Smiley

vintagetrex

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:27:33 AM

Could someone help clear the air? Assuming I invest 5 BTC, therefore receiving 10,000 ether, what is the worst/best case scenario after the release?

Sorry for the tangent!

I too would like to read an answer to this question.

worst case: total failure, no block chain, no ether returned, all fundraising money is gone!!! HAHAHA

duh man
vintagetrex

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:30:39 AM

I have a LEGITIMATE QUESTION.  I haven't seen this addressed but I also didn't read everything. 

Traditional Proof of Stake mining means whoever has the most money gets the most inflation, paid out of transaction fees.  Considering the "Ethereum foundation" is starting with .5x, they will have a considerable advantage in this.  Who controls this foundation/website and where that money goes?  …because even the inflation from POS will be a considerable amount of Ether. 
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:31:00 AM

Could someone help clear the air? Assuming I invest 5 BTC, therefore receiving 10,000 ether, what is the worst/best case scenario after the release?

Sorry for the tangent!

I too would like to read an answer to this question.

worst case: total failure, no block chain, no ether returned, all fundraising money is gone!!! HAHAHA

duh man

and Vitalik steals your girlfriend.
vintagetrex

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:32:40 AM

If you support Ethereum you are fired - both metaphysically and spiritually from humanity. You are no longer human in my eyes because you are directly slowing technological progression and costing millions of human lives in the long run.

Umm...millions of lives? So you somehow think that Ethereum is going to be the marathon holocaust and that you're saving it by firing those who are interested? That's like beyond Trump crazy.

I'm so happy to know that you troll threads other than my own
X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:50:38 AM

Wow, it seems like after the Altcoin boom we see now
a ripple-like flood of "minted" coins (ripple,mst,nxt and now Ethanolium)

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
marcusnz

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:52:00 AM

For all you shills that keep attacking people who are disgusted/disappointed at people with concerns.  Try a different tactic.  Try explaining to people exactly why the potentially 30,000 bitcoin and 50% pre-mine is necessary.  Explain to them in market cap terms how they will make a return on their investment.  Explain why they cannot get VC funding but why the bitcoin community should invest when any investment bank or hedge fund or VC will not?  Get us a background check on all the principle group and explain what exactly are their duties, what exact role they will be playing and how much each person will be paid. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered.  Your constant attacks are annoying.  You shills are easy to recognize, because none of your posts have any reasoning or statements, they are pure viscous attacks designed to scare off people from this message board.  

All you shills ever do is constantly keep pointing at articles, "Im going to invest my life savings," "if you miss out on this you will regret it."  WTF, do you think that people that stupid now?  Believe it or not, none of my posts will have any effect whatsoever on anyone's decision, but hopefully it will make them question and do their own homework before making a decision. I dont think theres anything wrong with that  If you cant tell by now, there are a lot of people wiser than me on this board concerning crypto investments and they have come to their own conclusions about the viability of this Ethereum investment.  Your constant attacking and demoralizing comments towards people who have questions is really just disgusting and Ive seen this tactic many times by people selling scammy products.  

If you think Ethereum is such a hot deal then you should just shut the hell up and quietly buy into it with your life savings and thank me later.  What are you worried about if you are not a shill? If Ethereum sells out in one week (LMAO) then you are either smoking crack or you will be one of the lucky ones that got to buy in and give these guys and their wall street advisers millions.  Personally, I think there will be plenty of people waiting in the wings to buy after the price sinks to its appropriate level.  But if you think its going to sell out 30,000 btc at one dollar an ETH and there will be so  much demand that there will be another 100,000 bitcoin demand/bids waiting to take it off your hands at double the price...I have a bridge Id like to sell you.

yes, gutshot5820, i agree with a lot of the things you are saying, but why are you going from forum to forum flooding them with these comments? What is your objective? are you that desperate to save us from losing money and prevent the ether devs from becoming rich?  You should be here to ask a few questions, make a few comments and leave it at that. We are all adults and can make a decision, but its like you're on some oc campagin against ethereium. Its fucking weird man
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: