Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:34:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003814 times)
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:56:42 AM

OK devs, I am sorry but this makes no sence to me.
It took me a day to compile everything, but even then I couldn't launch the client.
Which is worse, becaise I have to install libbosst-1.53, it removes the 1.47 version. However, when I install a client for another coin after that, and I need to install libboost-all-dev, it requires to delete 1.53 and return 1.46, because of dependencies. So it finally turns out that I can never use Ethereum client with any other client on my laptop  Huh
Just for reference, my distro is lubuntu 12.04.
um... you need at least 13.04

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:37:54 PM

I've watched and enjoyed the vid of Vitalik talking about Ethereum, enthusiastic fellow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9dpjN3Mwps

*shitty comments*

Damn, dude...
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:45:21 PM

I've watched and enjoyed the vid of Vitalik talking about Ethereum, enthusiastic fellow!

What's so enthusiastic about it? Some socially awkward pimpled faced, autistic geek gushing out hyperventilating delusions of "turing" grandeur? How many of the people here even know what this "turing" means and what it involves or anything? Smiley

Why don't they admit exGoldman guys head hunted them, gathered them in a team to milk the bitcoin suckers for cash and profits? It's clear as daylight this IPO model was Goldman trained lackey work.

We have a mathematician, who did campaign activism for Ron Paul and some autistic teen. What are the odds of these people being close to high caliber ex Goldman hedge fund guys who drive Bentleys and fuck super models?

think about it...

For those with a short attention span, let me put that into bullet points for you.

1) It's lame to talk about offering a turing complete platform because no one can understand it.
2) Goldman Sachs is evil. Everyone who ever worked for GS at one time is evil. Ethereum is evil. If none of the Ethereum founders had ever worked for GS, I would not find something else to help construct my conspiracy theories.
3) I would like to know what the chances are that any Ron Paul supporters and/or autistic teens can afford expensive cars and have hot girlfriends. I don't know what I would do with the answer, but I want to know.
4) I want everyone to think about it.

opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:51:39 PM

What's so enthusiastic about it? Some socially awkward pimpled faced, autistic geek gushing out hyperventilating delusions of "turing" grandeur? How many of the people here even know what this "turing" means and what it involves or anything? Smiley

Why don't they admit exGoldman guys head hunted them, gathered them in a team to milk the bitcoin suckers for cash and profits? It's clear as daylight this IPO model was Goldman trained lackey work.

We have a mathematician, who did campaign activism for Ron Paul and some autistic teen. What are the odds of these people being close to high caliber ex Goldman hedge fund guys who drive Bentleys and fuck super models?

think about it...

Talk about living up to your screen name...  im impressed with your resolve
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:54:57 PM

So..what are the odds that Vitalik and Andreas should both use this word as a conjunction so often?
surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:59:45 PM

lol I'm mining a block every 20 seconds using 30% of a quad i3  Shocked
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:03:29 PM

Some socially awkward pimpled faced, autistic geek

bill gates was one of those, so was wozniak, larry and sergey

bitcoin isn't just for beautiful people .. if it was, YOU wouldn't be here... its for everybody...

many word meaningless....         much troll...

such judgement...

value words...... face not care....

thinking good...

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 03:01:51 PM

bitcoin isn't just for beautiful people .. if it was, YOU wouldn't be here... its for everybody...

such judgement...

thinking good...
I'm not even close to 1% of the people you mentioned above, but I get what you mean.

I can't wait for Ethereum. This thing is going to be much bigger than Bitcoin is, after all those years.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
awrelll

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:05:46 PM

Hello,
This is an announcement for romanian users.
Let's talk Ether http://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/238/romanian .

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:32:07 PM

I once worked for Godfather's Pizza.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:09:18 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 06:48:39 PM by Herp

such judgement...

thinking good...

I don't have a problem with socially awkward people. They've traded emotional intelligence for abstract and they're very good at what they do.  If anything that Vitalik seems like the real deal, a smaller version of Bill Gates.

I do have a problem, though, with savvy ex-goldman snake oil salesmen, taking advantage of innocent geeks like these and use them as tools/puppets to rip off the community with an ultra savvy twisted IPO plan.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Ursium

Activity: 149

Ethereum

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:38:31 PM

As promised we started a self-moderated QA thread in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448923

Ethereum Twitter: @ethereumproject - Blog: blog.ethereum.org - Forum: forum.ethereum.org - Github: github.com/ethereum
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:48:21 PM

I don't have a problem with socially awkward people. They've traded emotional intelligence for abstract and they're very good at what they do.  If anything that Vitalik seems like the real deal, a smaller version of Bill Gates.

I do have a problem, though, with savvy ex-goldman snake oil salesmen, taking advantage of innocent geeks like these and use them as tools/puppets to rip off the community with an ultra savvy twisted IPO plan.

LOL. This was my exact reaction.

These guys are the stuff but I want to here the investors talk the ones behind the IPO. I buy the tech story but I need to see it run parallel with the business story.

The IPO could just be a pump and dump and the tech guys just the cover.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:10:46 PM

As promised we started a self-moderated QA thread in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448923

UGH, CAN YOu get a mod to lock this one down?
ReCat

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 08:51:04 PM

omg, etherum isnt an altcoin but its in the altcoin section. xD did a mod do that?

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:27:50 PM

I once worked for Godfather's Pizza.

Get the fuck off these forums now, you piece of shit!

Smiley

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
majik

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:33:52 AM

Mastercoin to rule them all.

Mastercoin is amateur hour compared to what these folks have planned.

Right. Ethereum is to Mastercoin what Peercoin is to Bitcoin. 1st mover advantage will be huge.

Also, Charles said at the Miami conference Ethereum will only be traded on the open market Q3 or Q4 (autumn-winter of 2014) so those buying into this IPO for a quick flip have no idea what they're getting into and will be locked in from trading for quite a while.

Ethereum, Mastercoin, Open Transactions, even Ripple are going to partner or work closely to build inter-functionality.  The community is becoming more cooperative than competitive.  There will be quite a few winners.

Did you watch that video? Got to love the tension there between Charles and the Invictus dude. Just watch Charles' reactions when Invictus dude talks. It's clear as daylight they have eachother's guts. And they've put the MSC guy between them to separate the two.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-9miCOsg4g#t=1541

Also notice that "touring complete" part", when Charles gets pissed at the Invictus dude talking about Turing complete as being part of his project also.

These guys hate each other, make no mistake about it. They were just playing nice for the camera. You're naive if you believe otherwise. They were just playing into the narrative, that's all.

Pay attention that I did not mention Invictus!
kvb

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:18:07 AM

Right. Ethereum is to Mastercoin what Peercoin is to Bitcoin. 1st mover advantage will be huge.

Also, Charles said at the Miami conference Ethereum will only be traded on the open market Q3 or Q4 (autumn-winter of 2014) so those buying into this IPO for a quick flip have no idea what they're getting into and will be locked in from trading for quite a while.

Ethereum, Mastercoin, Open Transactions, even Ripple are going to partner or work closely to build inter-functionality.  The community is becoming more cooperative than competitive.  There will be quite a few winners.

Did you watch that video? Got to love the tension there between Charles and the Invictus dude. Just watch Charles' reactions when Invictus dude talks. It's clear as daylight they have eachother's guts. And they've put the MSC guy between them to separate the two.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-9miCOsg4g#t=1541

Also notice that "touring complete" part", when Charles gets pissed at the Invictus dude talking about Turing complete as being part of his project also.

These guys hate each other, make no mistake about it. They were just playing nice for the camera. You're naive if you believe otherwise. They were just playing into the narrative, that's all.
Thanks for the link to the interview. Watched it fully. Now I can say that the guy from Invictus innovations seems to be a really strange fella... he talks much marketing with a lot of buzz words, repeating himself, much form...not much contents. He looks to be unconnected with reality and mainly fantasizing about profits while eliminating mining. If mining is such a dumb and unnecessary thing then why satoshi put it into bitcoin? What about security if you remove mining?

This guy is weird, he's body language is irritating, he does not have a clear understanding what he himself is talking about, even the host asked him wtf are you trying to communicate?.

The guy from master coin from the other hand seems to be legit, understanding and coherent. I think that he also has some wishful thinking about the length to which the bitcoin core developers will go in order to expand the functionality he really wants. While it will be expanded, but not to a degree that he wants, because they will not risk an already established system with radical changes.

I think Charles put a great interview, clearly communicating about ethereum and earning him some positive points along the way.
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:07:16 AM

Ethereum, Mastercoin, Open Transactions, even Ripple are going to partner or work closely to build inter-functionality.  The community is becoming more cooperative than competitive.  There will be quite a few winners.

Did you watch that video? Got to love the tension there between Charles and the Invictus dude. Just watch Charles' reactions when Invictus dude talks. It's clear as daylight they have eachother's guts. And they've put the MSC guy between them to separate the two.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-9miCOsg4g#t=1541

Thanks for the link to the interview. Watched it fully. Now I can say that the guy from Invictus innovations seems to be a really strange fella... he talks much marketing with a lot of buzz words, repeating himself, much form...not much contents. He looks to be unconnected with reality and mainly fantasizing about profits while eliminating mining. If mining is such a dumb and unnecessary thing then why satoshi put it into bitcoin? What about security if you remove mining?

This guy is weird, he's body language is irritating, he does not have a clear understanding what he himself is talking about, even the host asked him wtf are you trying to communicate?.

The guy from master coin from the other hand seems to be legit, understanding and coherent. I think that he also has some wishful thinking about the length to which the bitcoin core developers will go in order to expand the functionality he really wants. While it will be expanded, but not to a degree that he wants, because they will not risk an already established system with radical changes.

I think Charles put a great interview, clearly communicating about ethereum and earning him some positive points along the way.

Mastercoin doesn't need to wait for Bitcoin to do changes. It just uses the Bitcoin protocol for distribution. That's all. It is a safe and pretty secure network, which is why it's worth using versus starting a fresh one.

Charles did his own marketing attempts trying to push this Vitalik as uber genius geek narrative (which he may or may not be. some said he's really clueless on financial side and that might impact way he sees the design of the system in a negative way). The Invictus guy seemed bit weasel like, but he is smart and creative. Their distribution model with angel shares and such was pretty creative, though I wouldn't bet on them. Keep in mind though Charles split from Invictus, so Charles did plenty of work to bring protoshares where it is now. He basically started fresh with Ethereum and needs to catch up a fucking LOT to both Mastercoin and Protoshares (invictus), but especially Mastercoin which now has functional decentralized exchange in beta stage, while Ethereum only has "touring complete" talk and fantasies and a failed IPO attempt.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 03:46:07 PM

while Ethereum only has "touring complete" talk and fantasies and a failed IPO attempt.

It's turing and we had to delay the IPO because we were offered too much money. If that's failure, then I like to fail Smiley

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: