Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:13:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price manipulation  (Read 2151 times)
abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:41:18 AM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
Although the report can not confirm price manipulation, it indicates a suspicious pattern. Some bitcoin charts within a few days look very unnatural though prices can not be predicted when it will rise when it will go down but the obsolescence seen from some new coins that make bitcoin demand soaring.

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr.nby

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:08:04 AM

in cryptocurrencies due decentraization the manipulation of prices is very easy to do, people with a huge amount of bitcoin can make prices go up or down easy.

Market manipulation seems to be possible with sufficiently large amounts of cash. Then you can influence the volume of supply and demand. And this in turn influences the decisions of those smaller investors who react emotionally to market movements.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:53:51 AM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?

I just heard that this can be possible because of those big whales that we don't even know.maybe a big company or a person. However, Im not afraid for I have also control with my investments.
therefore we must learn to read movement of whales, it is hard to know, because we do not know them. but we can predict from big news in circulation, so we can guess where they are going
You are right and we all know better that only buying rate is the key to step in to high market in the future days so more investments will result in better future and incase if the buying rate reduces then the future days will be the same as the current time. Market manipulation in positive of upward direction is only possible if we invest and bring a huge amount of investment here in the Bitcoin’s market right now.
checkmatesir

Activity: 584
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:56:45 PM

Recent bitcoin manipulation as well as crypto coins has always been the topic of many people's comments. If the national currency has a form of money laundering, bitcoins and crypto are widely seen as manipulating prices in non- France is taking advantage of bitcoin

If there is a Whale that wants to lower the bitcoin value, it will only release enough bitcoin in its ownership to the market once there is enough price to be affected and down. He will then sell and re-enter the market and buy more at a lower price and get ready to sell at a higher price resulting in more profits. Simply put is how price manipulation occurs.
Price manipulation can occur in bitcoin markets. This concept is done by the pope subtly.
Pricemanipulation is a big problem especially for new investors. Those who are aware of price manipulation do not invest in bitcoin because they know that they will never make money if these whales are there in the market. Many investoes withdrawn their investment due to price manipulation. The controllers should think seriously about market manipulation.

Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:22:24 AM

I think it is not manipulated a lot at all. I think it will be manipulated a lot more than this very soon.
"Whales" we have right now are incomparable to the whales thats coming in. People from wall street and those people are getting in with BILLIONS at a time. When that happens we will have a proper manipulated market for the likes of those big guys and than you can talk about the manipulation made to the market.
thresher

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:39:57 PM

In my opinion , bitcoin price manipulation is possible to do , but hard  in the fact , need organization with huge rich people to do it , and have same idea to manipulate the price  , but who know ? we just can follow the wave
Yeah I tis right big investors manipulate the price and such small investors. They have spread a net around the investors and when they catch large number of investors they fix a price for selling or buying. When they have huge quantity of bitcoin they will increase the price and when the price increases they sell their coins for higher price to collect huge profits.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:33:38 AM

This entire space is manipulated by our large whale investor friends, it is something that will not change until we have regulation within the space, untill then its the wild west and allows us to make great returns
That is like hitting the bull’s eyes. The large investors have this power to manipulate the price and this is actually a miss use of power. But it is like a monopoly situation created by the Whales and this is what they do it for their own interest.

Until we have regulations in the crypto currencies, we would keep on getting the price manipulated. Also the investors’ behavior can reduce the effect of Whales activity by making wise moves in the red market.

CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:14:32 AM

There are some group of investors who manipulate prices of bitcoin and altcoins but in US a group of officers formed to investigate and monitor those who are doing price manipulation this is the reason why bitcoid dropped. There is no doubt in it that people are doing price manipulation, these people are playing with coins when the want they doing pumping and when the want they doin dumping. Due to their huge investment no one will stop them but now there people from different countries start accepting bitcoin at government so this time we will get some positive vibes from crypto world.
thresher

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:11:44 AM

I think it is not manipulated a lot at all. I think it will be manipulated a lot more than this very soon.
"Whales" we have right now are incomparable to the whales thats coming in. People from wall street and those people are getting in with BILLIONS at a time. When that happens we will have a proper manipulated market for the likes of those big guys and than you can talk about the manipulation made to the market.
In my point of view market has been manipulated by big investors and that is the reason that the price is more volatile,  because they decide the price according to their well. Manipulation is a big problem in crypto world and due to these new investors afraid to put their money in crypto and especially in bitcoin, because nobody wants to lose his money.
Dingdong7

Activity: 138
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:11:29 PM

Basically, if you really have a big volume of coin you might affect the price of the coin in the market. I believe that it is not manipulation but jist a short term effect on the coin's value. Surely in no time tge price will eventually recover and continue to go on it's way. Changes might happen but no really haa the full control over it.

●                   ►                   ●      B I T C O I N   V I D E O   C A S I N O      ●                   ◄                   ●
Slots    Video Poker    Blackjack     ──  Classic fun for serious players  ──     Craps    Roulette    Keno    Dice
////////////////////////   PROGRESSIVE JACKPOT   ///   PROVABLY FAIR   ///     REFERRAL PROGRAM     ////////////////////////
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 11:44:04 AM

As we can see bitcoin and cryptocoins price is always go up and down, and is better to see as it is and why not make a profit when this happens. I think there is manipulation and also some people are scared when they see the price goes down, and sell coins even if there not was manipulation, but yes sometimes manipulation is on the way.
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 03:20:34 AM

As i know, the cryptocurrency being volatile by nature can rise and fall all throughout the year and that's basically based on the supply and demand. Whales and other big volume hodlers of bitcoin are also known price manipulator of crypto price.

ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:21:11 AM

price manipulation often occurs and there are many people who want to make the price of bitcoin fall and immediately go back up because of price manipulation, so you should be careful when trading bitcoin.
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 04:32:23 AM

Some accusations had been thrown out to big investors and exchange platforms but nothing has been to really proved it or whatsoever to clarify all that but i believe that big factor is always the volatility of bitcoin and it's inevitable. That's the main reason why bitcoin's price is not stable and because of that it scares some weak hands investors were panic selling because they might loss profit for that reason.

ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:48:22 PM

As we can see bitcoin and cryptocoins price is always go up and down, and is better to see as it is and why not make a profit when this happens. I think there is manipulation and also some people are scared when they see the price goes down, and sell coins even if there not was manipulation, but yes sometimes manipulation is on the way.
indeed, market price manipulation of cryptocurrency is very real so we can feel the impact on market price movements. the amount of competition in this business so that many people who have large capital can easily manipulate market price movements to be able to get greater profits
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  

Jump to: