Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:26:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Predicting GPU profitability for the next few months??  (Read 1168 times)
Clayce (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:47:28 AM

I am trying to determine the GPU mining profitability for the next few months, Ill probably be using a coin switching pool with about 15-20MHs. As of today coinwarz has TAG coin the most profitable, at about .0285/day per MHs (Doge at .0151/day per MH). I understand the volatile variables that come into play when choosing the most profitable alt coin to mine (price,diff level etc), but how can you estimate what 1MH/s can mine per day say 2 months from now?

If these coin switching pools are always switching to the most profitable coin, and new coins are always being released, what could be the biggest hit to the value of 1MHs of GPU mining power in the near future? I know the most obvious answer's when scrypt asics come out, but Alpha T still looks like its months away.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oberstkrieger

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:23:45 AM

I am trying to determine the GPU mining profitability for the next few months, Ill probably be using a coin switching pool with about 15-20MHs. As of today coinwarz has TAG coin the most profitable, at about .0285/day per MHs (Doge at .0151/day per MH). I understand the volatile variables that come into play when choosing the most profitable alt coin to mine (price,diff level etc), but how can you estimate what 1MH/s can mine per day say 2 months from now?

If these coin switching pools are always switching to the most profitable coin, and new coins are always being released, what could be the biggest hit to the value of 1MHs of GPU mining power in the near future? I know the most obvious answer's when scrypt asics come out, but Alpha T still looks like its months away.

Alpha T looks like a scam to me...
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:39:41 AM

Alpha T looks like a scam to me...

I second that.
AtlantisPlatform

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:50:30 AM

You are much better off at Coinwarz, to look at the 14 day average of the coin, that is the one that willl likely be better to mine. See TAG is way down the list already, if a coin is artificially pumped up for a few minutes, it goes to the top. Not very reliable. Doge has one of the highest 14 day averages listed now.
bjalbert

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:48:19 AM

Another tip look at volume not the coin of the moment. Right now Doge and Lotto are where you should be since they will be solid at least for a while.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:48:44 AM

Be careful with coin switching pools. Because they bounce from coin to coin so much they can go for a while without finding blocks. Especially if profitability difference of coins is small. I've  noticed that some are not accurate either. They switch to most profitable but by the time you get confirmations to deposit to your wallet and then send to an exchange traders on the exchange will dump anticipating the miners.

I used to deal with in mining FTC. By the time I got coins to  btc-e the price  collapsed. So  I left  the  coins there waiting for the next pump.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:26:51 PM

Be careful with coin switching pools. Because they bounce from coin to coin so much they can go for a while without finding blocks. Especially if profitability difference of coins is small. I've  noticed that some are not accurate either. They switch to most profitable but by the time you get confirmations to deposit to your wallet and then send to an exchange traders on the exchange will dump anticipating the miners.

I used to deal with in mining FTC. By the time I got coins to  btc-e the price  collapsed. So  I left  the  coins there waiting for the next pump.
Both the mining and the selling are linked together.  If you are basing your decision to mine purely on the most profitability, you're actually mining behind the curve.

A coin switching pool like middlecoin pays out in btc.  they take care of auto-switching to a coin, but take into account how the trade bot will sell the coins.  all of that precise timing is taken care for me, and i can let the farm mine for weeks without touching anything.  

I just want to mine and not micromanage my trades. i would recommend a coin switching pool that pays out in bitcoin or litecoin.   the wallet gets paid out and i never have to login to an exchange and worry about price fluctuation.  this is a fair tradeoff for me because buys free time for me to do non-mining/trading things.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: