Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:27:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin prices go down, why altcoins prices also go down?  (Read 589 times)
Orsen

Activity: 163
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:03:34 PM

So here is logic, this is the market and the most popular currency controls it as in a bank dollar, all prices are based on the top 1 so here is an explanation for you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
auy

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:04:19 PM

This is because people are beginning to fear and withdraw their money from exchanges. In the same way, large traders sell their coins with a view to re-purchasing at a more favorable price.
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:08:14 PM

This is a common occurrence in the cryptocurrency market and this trend was observed almost always due to panic and fear. Nothing new at all. The entire market is clearly correcting itself, but it won't go on forever. I suggest HODLING all your coins and tokens since I am expecting the market to rally soon sometime in June which will most likely help Bitcoin and majority of the altcoins rise significantly in value.

TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:11:59 PM

I want to ask you all, why if bitcoin price goes down, altcoins price also come down, what is alcoin-price bitcoin, please give me your answer.
Because the main cryptocurrency is bitcoin so if the mother which is btc been negative in the market all thier sons/daughter will also feel the same. But not all just nost of it.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
dre4dnought

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:22:00 PM

Well, everything is falling because bitcoin is reduced. The vast majority of cryptocurrency bitcoin is dependent. But the Ethereum, I don't even know how the leverage on him was found that he started to fall. I personally have never seen it fall.
criptoman83

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:22:29 PM

Now this isn't surprising. There is a strong direct correlation between bitcoin and most other coins and tokens. Bitcoin is falling, altcoins are also falling. However , when bitcoin is growing strongly, altcoins are falling, too ( as there is an overflow of investors altcoins funds in bitcoin). Over time , when the market "matures", the connection won't to be so strong. Already now some coins demonstrate this-for example, ETH and NEO, EOS.

Mind Control

Activity: 224
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:20:14 PM
Merited by jc89 (2)

I want to ask you all, why if bitcoin price goes down, altcoins price also come down, what is alcoin-price bitcoin, please give me your answer.

When Bitcoin's price increases, altcoins' prices follows. When Bitcoin's price decreases, the price of altcoins follows as well. This is happening because the price or value of all altcoins out there is linked to Bitcoin and not to fiat. If you could notice in all exchanges they have this so called "Market". Let us take ETH for instance. If you want to buy/sell ETH in BTC Market (ETH/BTC), the price is in terms of BTC (i.e. 1 ETH = 0.1 BTC). So if the value of 0.1 BTC now is $700 then 1 ETH = $700, after a day the value of 0.1 BTC went down to $600 then the value of 1 ETH would be $600 as well (saying that the conversion factor of 1 ETH = 0.1 BTC does not change).
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:37:40 PM

When Bitcoin's price increases, altcoins' prices follows. When Bitcoin's price decreases, the price of altcoins follows as well. This is happening because the price or value of all altcoins out there is linked to Bitcoin and not to fiat. If you could notice in all exchanges they have this so called "Market". Let us take ETH for instance. If you want to buy/sell ETH in BTC Market (ETH/BTC), the price is in terms of BTC (i.e. 1 ETH = 0.1 BTC). So if the value of 0.1 BTC now is $700 then 1 ETH = $700, after a day the value of 0.1 BTC went down to $600 then the value of 1 ETH would be $600 as well (saying that the conversion factor of 1 ETH = 0.1 BTC does not change).

This is well explained answer. This is correct. Since altcoins are linked to Bitcoin then the price of altcoins depends on Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency that has a direct conversion to fiat (other major coins are also convertible to fiat directly, however, they are also connected to Bitcoin so Bitcoin is the main catalyst here). I think there is no more info to add to the above's instance, as it is a self-explanatory instance (in my perception).

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
ValerieBTC

Activity: 153
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:38:40 AM

This is well explained answer. This is correct. Since altcoins are linked to Bitcoin then the price of altcoins depends on Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency that has a direct conversion to fiat (other major coins are also convertible to fiat directly, however, they are also connected to Bitcoin so Bitcoin is the main catalyst here). I think there is no more info to add to the above's instance, as it is a self-explanatory instance (in my perception).
It is obvious that the market value of any of the crypto coin cannot rise higher all the time and that there will remain some fluctuation in the market value of almost all the crypto coins because of the volatile nature of the crypto coins. Bitcoin surely does have an impact on the rest of the crypto coin as it is the backbone of the entire market and the downfall in its market value effect other coins as well.
smhome354

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:44:53 AM

We can consider Bitcoin as the founder of the altcoins. It is the first one to resolved issues with the cryptocurrency. Altcoins are the by products of Bitcoin so they rely heavily on its status or value. This is the reason why the altcoins price go up or down just like bitcoin.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs & Blockchain Companies ▼ Join Our ICO Now! ▼
moepaing

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:51:20 AM

This fact can bring the happiness, unfortunately, it’s possible. The main reason for this is altcoins’ ‘addictions’ to BTC because BTC is a crypto-market base.
JackdunR

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:28:27 AM

Because BTC is the king of the Crypto market, they are the main coin and all the altcoins when converted into cash are converted into BTC or ETH, so when the BTC falls, all the other coin drops. according to the.
kelamiyoui

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:35:17 PM

Because they are  depend on each other. And current situation shows us that the dip has finished and restoring is taking place now, so prices will increase.
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:37:21 PM

if I think the altcoin price depends on the bitcoin price as well. because bitcoin prices make the altcoin price benchmark because bitcoin is the parent of all coins altcoin

rimueng agam

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:39:08 PM

Probably because altcoin price refers to bitcoin price and again this bitcoin is the parent of all altcoin so it is reasonable if bitcoin price falls will greatly affect the price of this altcoin
tramadols

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:41:39 PM

I think this discussion there are many members here who give understanding to you. but maybe you do not really understand, the core bitcoin is crypto for the benchmark of all trade and investment. and so also with the market, the market is heavily bound to bitcoin over time and will continue forever as long as no altcoin can compete.

Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:43:53 PM

Well ofcourse when bitcoin is down so do most of the altcoin why? Most of altcoin depends on the price of bitcoin how it happened? When ICO period the mode of payment for ICO is buying thru BTC as payment, ETH or any major altcoin. But the commonly used is Bitcoin this is why when bitcoin is down they will also go down.
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:47:33 PM

Because the whole market is closely connected and depends on bitcoin. In addition to this, almost all altcoins are traded on the stock exchange in a pair with bitcoin, which also entails a decrease in the cost of altcoins when the bitcoin prices fall.
K_rock

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:17:49 AM

because bitcoin is the biggest coin that can affect the price of altcoin and can be said bitcoin as the leader of all coins
Z_Max

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:57:32 PM

All the Altcoins are in direct dependence on Bitcoin. Many large investors and traders are moving to Bitcoin when there is a general drop in the market.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: