Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:07:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.  (Read 1565 times)
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2169

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 04:50:43 AM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bored Logic

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:16:20 AM

agreed that's why i would say decentralized exchanges are future
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:16:39 AM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
Most of the peoples are holding the investment in wallet only but many day traders only hold the exchanging sites because they are always buying and selling continuously so exchanging site is good for the day traders and others are holding the investment in hardware wallet or online wallet.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
nyerok

Activity: 279
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:10:05 AM

yes you should not keep the assets you have in exchange because there is very high risk, one of them is your assets can be stolen there.
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:20:45 AM

Yes you are right. Sometimes there we have a negative scenarios for this kind of situations lile holding I Frequently suggest you always be updated and always look at the market it self the value of the speacific coin to know what is going on, if it is fally or rising. In a much better scenario if you don't want to look at the market value every day, atleast once a week.

If the market value is up go for the exchange.
bitcoindian

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:30:37 AM

Yes, I agree with your statement but the people are looking for long term investment better they can withdraw money to their specified wallets in order to protect them. For people who are trading daily can keep coins in the exchange for day trading but they need to follow all the security measures mentioned by them to protect your friend from hacking.
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:37:19 AM

That right, if your purpose to buy coin for long term investment like more than 1 years is better to keep it in personal wallet that you have full control with the private key. But if you want to make profit by trade it, actually keep coin in exchange will be ok, just make sure all security features is activated, and never put all coins in 1 exchange, this is wil be too risky.

Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:10:14 AM

For every one who doesn't know , Coincheck was a big exchange which got hacked and people lost around 300 million dollars , It could happen to any exchange in the world , since crypto currency could be change in almost any spot on the earth , hackers from all around the world are after it and they use any thing to get that money , Exchanges are not wallet , Only keep the amount of money you want to trade with , always.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3592

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 12:52:30 PM

It depends on the extent of your experience and circulation. If you are buying and selling daily, you will have to keep your currency for a while, but as a rule, it is always better to transfer to your wallet as long as you do not want to use your cryptocurrencies.
Transaction fees are meager, so a loss of $ 2 to protect $ 2000 is not a bad swap.

Remember: wallets does not mean that your currencies are safe unless you know how to use it "save your seed, hide your private key,...etc."

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
riyand

Activity: 113

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:08:26 PM

exchanger could have experienced a hack and this is very dangerous because we do not have full control of the wallet in the exchanger, although it was a biggest exchanger
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:36:50 PM

yes you should not keep the assets you have in exchange because there is very high risk, one of them is your assets can be stolen there.

The business is involved with risk , this is why securing our coins is advisable. Even storing in mew to me is risky. This to me is like spreading FUD  on exchanges because we also have decentralized exchanges.
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:44:42 PM

You are right that you want to hold long-term a coin, that would be good if you hold it through an offline wallet or hardware wallet. and I think it would not hurt if you hold on the exchange, they have a tight pengamana so it's hard for me to hack an exchanger, even if your account got hacked maybe you made a mistake.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
longminh123

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:13:14 PM

Agree with your suggestions and also thank your best advice. I always keep my altcoins on big exchanges and are always very scared because I do not know if my property can be hacked in the future? Of course after reading this article I would consider buying a wallet Ledger Nano S for long term investment. Thanks for helping the community with posts like this
trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 02:32:16 PM

So what exchange that can be hacked by hacker,usually i hold some coin on bittrex,it is safe? I think yes,this exchange never getting hacked for a long time

bakujo0817

Activity: 313
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:44:50 PM

yes that most important to  learn if you want to invest in cryptocurrencies if there gonna happen on exchanges like hack you might loss you money to.
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 02:55:52 PM

As for me I'd like to make a trading bot account and I think most website is good for holding a minimum amount of crypto just for the sake of trading daily.

We have heard of exchange website being hacked but basically it is really hard to penetrate an exchange only a person who dedicate him/herself from being a black hat hacker could have done something like it.

What is the quote for that? Pyramid does not build in a day. so in reality it will take a long time for a single entity or group could have access to such exchange.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:59:14 PM

Most of the peoples are holding the investment in wallet only but many day traders only hold the exchanging sites because they are always buying and selling continuously so exchanging site is good for the day traders and others are holding the investment in hardware wallet or online wallet.

If you a day trader then you must use several exchanges for simultaneous trading for diversification. But maybe we will be able ti use advanced decentralized exchanges soon

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Anamika143

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:26:40 PM

You are absolutely right, it is not right to hold coins at the exchange for a long time. I use a good exchange market for an investor and currency buy and sell. And at the end of the job I will withdraw my coins.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:03:37 PM

So what exchange that can be hacked by hacker,usually i hold some coin on bittrex,it is safe? I think yes,this exchange never getting hacked for a long time
Don't think Bittrex is 100% safe hackers can hack any website but security wise Bittrex is better to compare other exchanging sites so people prefer this site. Binance is also a good site you can hold your coins on this site for a short time. only for the trading purpose and those coins don't have a private wallet that coins you can hold it in exchange site. personally, I don't prefer to hold more coins in exchanging sites. whatever security they will give I don't like to take a risk with my investment.
andohyeb

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:24:17 PM

If you have a reliable exchange to trade on then there is no need to be withdrawing your coins and depositing for every trades, as such situations will result in your withdrawal fees eating into your profit. Keep majority of your fund on cold wallet, but your main trading funds on the exchange.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: