Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:04:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a scam?  (Read 394 times)
btlzpr (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:34:49 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2018, 10:46:46 AM by btlzpr

Looks shady after seeing their FAQ stating a typo.

How to top up my balance?
You can up your balance on "ADD FOUNDS" window.

Another part that made the site scammy is the chatbox, you'll notice that most of the users have Bitcointalk profiles(mdayonliner,BADecker, etc) to trick new users.

Good thing that you've asked here because this thread can serve as a reference for the others so they won't get scammed in the future.  

Edit : That smaq user who gave you the code is the owner of the site. 100%

Actually the only two profiles that i've recognized on the site were the ones you mentioned.

to trick new users.
By picking 2 negatively trusted users?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=149737
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1432468

That wouldn't really comfort me to bet all that much if that were to be all/my only reference of said site.

I think there's probably more to it then them two just being randomly picked by the presumed "owner" of the site...?

Edit: Nevermind. I now see a lot more profiles popping up as well. It does look pretty random.

Excuse me, I am very curious, how did you find the 2 negatively trusted users that you listed on https://bitcoinxbet.org/
what is their connection with the scam website?
I think mastering these methods is useful for newbie.

What a poor website scam is that, while you easily won 0.6 btc you are still obligable to deposit 0.1 btc to unfroze your btc, LOL! at the first place why did your btc been frozen, what is that reason? this is just a website with a bad intention, in short SCAM!..
Don't be scammed with this poor website, let's pray for their soul to be a good man.
Yes, you didn’t know how easy it was to win, it’s incredible.
This is very tempting, deadly temptation!

Edit:Today, this scammer called SMAQ#6522 disturbed me on discord again and threatened me payment, so I blocked it.   Cheesy

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 02:59:31 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2018, 03:11:05 PM by AdolfinWolf

Excuse me! Having negative trust on my profile does not mean that I scammed anyone or even tried to scam anyone on this forum or anywhere else. Even, I never asked a penny from anyone in this site. If having negative trust on a profile means that someone is a scammer (cheated or stole money or done shady activities in anywhere) then the entire trust system is a misleading system because in my whole life I never committed such action. Hope it make sense. You guys make me regret joining this community and using my real identity.

I can confirm that whoever the owner of that site - they are trying to use my username with the other guy. Before reading this topic I have no idea about this site. In-fact it made me curious why did someone even tried to use my name. Am I that much known face in BitcoinTalk? LOL

By the way, I was encountered a site which had same behavior (I guess) and here is the topic I created.

I can confirm that this kind of approach means they are scam.
So, if the deposit amount has changed in your case then the person is developing the site for sure (admin) and trying to trick people with different initial amounts to see which one works best. Everything else on the website you are seeing (other users) are just auto bots IMO.

It's not just me someone else also had the same experience.
I said „Negatively-Trusted”, I'm not so sure if that equates as to being called a scammer (Which i didn't exactly do?)...? I guess i could've worded that a bit better though.
(That does show you interpret being negatively trusted ≈= being a scammer?)

If having negative trust on a profile means that someone is a scammer (cheated or stole money or done shady activities in anywhere) then the entire trust system is a misleading system because in my whole life I never committed such action. Hope it make sense. You guys make me regret joining this community and using my real identity.  

That would probably be the general perception of what the trust system represents. I think most people look at someone with red trust as "untrustworthy". I'm not saying you necessarily are, i'm just offering a perspective here.

-- ...How did you get tagged in the first place? That seems pretty odd if above is the case.?

I actually would mostly agree that the trust system seems pretty flawed. Especially for a decentralized/libertarian forum. I however, don't really have a better proposal/implementation.

Excuse me, I am very curious, how did you find the 2 negatively trusted users that you listed on https://bitcoinxbet.org/
what is their connection with the scam website?
I think mastering these methods is useful for newbie.

Those two "users" (Usernames rather) were chatting on the site. I highly doubt these usernames actually represent the people behind the accounts with said username here on bitcointalk -- I don't think there is any connection at all between them really.

This kinda ponzi scheme and don't try to invest with this kind of runners. It will work in the start but after then they will run and your invested amount is scammed now.

I am warning you!

This is a *gambling* site..  Roll Eyes I don't see the MLM/HYIP present here?

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:08:03 PM

The signs are there. No Licenses to operate, winning without depositing anything, referral codes of some random dude, subpar U.I. design, forcing you to deposit money even though they can just subtract it from your winnings and the list goes on. Its a good thing that a newbie like you has asked first, in order to see what other people says. The basics here for detecting a scam is to see if it is too good to be true, why would you win if you are not even betting money? You should always be careful about this kinds of sites
EverydayBtc

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:41:39 PM

It is a scam there's alot of random people will message you in discord promoting gambling site or any other site that they manage or have control and they can let you win if you give them commission.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: