Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:46:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Miners  (Read 64022 times)
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:05:19 PM

ps: mota, you clicked unignore. minion.

I put only wwwin on ignore.

You don't believe Phoenix sent 50 btc to them? I sent more than 160 btc to KNCminer, they had no prototype and basically the same backstory. The only difference was a Company ID I could check, which was missing here and only a vague mention of the parent company. And greed blinds people, you know?
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wwwin

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:20:25 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 11:51:28 PM by wwwin

You don't believe Phoenix sent 50 btc to them? I sent more than 160 btc to KNCminer, they had no prototype and basically the same backstory. The only difference was a Company ID I could check, which was missing here and only a vague mention of the parent company. And greed blinds people, you know?

Did you send the 160btc on the first day or second day after their website registered the domain?
Did KnC claim that they had their own in-house FAB? No. They said who was the maker of the chips.
What was the BTC/USD rate when you sent it?  50btc now worth much more than that.

Greed may blind people but this is a fellow that claims he has spent his entire spare time all his life working for free to help humanity as he posted. Sort of diagonally opposed personality types to compare, don't you think? I guess he considers that commenting on news articles about Cointerra is helping humanity. Cointerra, as he posted, could not fool him, he knew they could not achieve 2TH as he posted, but hey CTS coudl do 5TH. OK that sounds reasonable. LOL.
Why did Phoenix try to discourage raskul from filing a complaint with the FBI?

I guess details are not important.
Oh wait, you put me on ignore. It's a preemtive strike so you don't have to answer. Never mind.
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:39:02 AM

Can someone fill me in?
I lost track 20 pages ago when the scammers paid back the money...

What happen for the last 100 post?
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:30:36 AM

apologies. i don't seek refuge in ignore buttons however, i apologise for any offensive comment.
I believe Eric sent 50 BTC, yes, but to whom, and for what is unclear, but you reckon it was not to assure the rest of the community that this scam was in fact a genuine marketing campaign. I feel that sum of btc was for nothing more than to ensure more people sent funds, perpetuating the scam. It is my opinion that there were more involved in this scam than the anonymous Rebecca/Michael. This forum is a perfect place to start a scam like this, and I also believe there are members of this forum who were in on the scam, aside from the OP and new posters. This forum is a breeding ground for fraudulent activities like this, and all I want to do is make sure (pre-regulation) this type of thing does not perpetuate amongst the community. If that means me pointing fingers, then i'm content to do so.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
botcoinExpress

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:11:21 PM

so rebecca, phoenix, maui were all in on this scam to pretty much sum it up?

just wow..
raskul

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:48:34 PM

just wow..

I think Rebecca is a genuine PR person, who was employed to do the press release, and as such, a victim also.

OmegaCentauri

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:43:39 PM

just wow..

I think Rebecca is a genuine PR person, who was employed to do the press release, and as such, a victim also.

Doubtful. Just another one of their sockpuppets. Her picture is definitely some sort of stock photo which was heavily altered in photoshop to prevent anyone using a reverse image search.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:42:57 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 11:16:42 PM by Phoenix1969

just wow..
No, lol. Thats pure idiocy, I and my bro were the ones ripped off. Any one who thinks I was "CTS" can Piss off.
Follow the blockchain transactions.... look at the evidence; and don't be misled by trolls.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:16:44 AM

just wow..
No, lol. Thats pure idiocy, I and my bro were the ones ripped off. Any one who thinks I was "CTS" can Fuck off.
Follow the blockchain transactions.... look at the evidence; and don't be misled by trolls.

and well if you don't believe him ...well you won't believe me either...but for what it is worth ..he had no part in it ..I had no part in it...sorry to disappoint.

(although I did like the fact everyone thought I was some kinda mastermind in all this...still think it is funny as hell....alas an't smart enough nor brave enough
to try to pull something off like this....I'm  a happy little coward)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
raskul

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:22:51 AM

OK, this scam is now dead.  Smiley
So...
I want to publicly apologise to Phoenix, and to Searing if any of my posts offended or caused any inconvenience. I'm not so proud that I can't admit when i'm wrong, and in this case, it would seem I may have been wrong in my judgement, but hey, I'm only human... the good thing is that all who paid to this scam, got their funds back an that is the main thing.

So... lessons have been learned by all concerned, and these scam companies will perhaps dissipate as time passes (although I'm not holding much hope on this).

I wish you all well, and please keep mining... we are all in this together, regardless of the weather (i feel a song coming on)...
Please accept my apologies folks... I think collectively, we put a halt to what could have been a massive fraud, and i'm still proud of my little part in that. No hard feelings?

ncs0ne

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

software developer

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:30:42 AM

Cheesy

This is such an awesome entertainment.

And the best part is 'scammer gave refunds'... rofl

Honestly, which scammer will ever give you any refund EXCEPT he/she/them have been discovered and now fearing to face the legal consequences..
I'm sure investigations weren't stopped just because there were refunds taken place. Time will tell and put some asses in jail I guess.

*watching*

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:29:40 PM

Cheesy

Honestly, which scammer will ever give you any refund EXCEPT he/she/them have been discovered and now fearing to face the legal consequences..
I'm sure investigations weren't stopped just because there were refunds taken place. Time will tell and put some asses in jail I guess.

*watching*
I hope you're right, and the investigating never stops.....
Thanks Raskul... that speaks volumes.
(Group Hug)  Wink

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
maxman190

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:46:26 AM

So... I've read the TL;DR halfway through this thread... Anyone mind making another long story short? Who's the bad guy, who's the good guy?
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:03:50 AM

just wow..
No, lol. Thats pure idiocy, I and my bro were the ones ripped off. Any one who thinks I was "CTS" can Piss off.

YOU are a LIAR, Mr President!!        AKA - a fuckton of other names!

you and your 'crew' are disgusting parasites that prey upon the hopes of others. (including the 'clueless' fanettes)

I truly hope that you do get scammed and spend the rest of your days wondering 'why me'?
botcoinExpress

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:07:06 AM

just wow..

YOU are a LIAR, Mr President!!        AKA - a fuckton of other names!

you and your 'crew' are disgusting parasites that prey upon the hopes of others. (including the 'clueless' fanettes)

I truly hope that you do get scammed and spend the rest of your days wondering 'why me'?

dun dun dun
wwwin

Activity: 447

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:14:47 AM

Cheesy

*watching*
I hope you're right, and the investigating never stops.....
Thanks Raskul... that speaks volumes.
(Group Hug)  Wink

-1 Not so fast. No group hug from me. I have not seen anything posted that would make me change my mind...raskul doing a 180 degree turn without posting why is not persuasive. By the way, raskul apologized to phoenix but not to maui.  phoenix claims both him and maui were victims. So what's up with that?
Shameless Beggar

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:41:28 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 04:42:54 AM by Shameless Beggar

Sorry to admit, but as annoying as edgar was with his negativity, he turned out to be mostly right. People here are not who they pretend to be. Even though I was not a victim of a scam by anyone here, I am mostly mad at myself, as I formed a wrong picture in my mind about some of the characters here. I though of Phoenix being a man of his word, and he turned out not to be (probably forgivable, as he was not thinking straight when he promised 80% if he was indeed a victim here), and Searing being 'clueless' and now I think the person behind Searing is not 'clueless' at all. Well, one good thing came out of this. Now that I realize that I have to waste my time and energy trying to think who is behind the forum characters in addition to reading their posts, I don't feel like doing it and will spend less time here.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:31:10 AM

So... I've read the TL;DR halfway through this thread... Anyone mind making another long story short? Who's the bad guy, who's the good guy?

naw this thread is like war and peace you just have to slog thru the whole thing

the best part imho is when some are convinced I'm an evil genius and the "puppetmaster" behind this ctsminer scam heh (get popcorn) lol....heh

essentially people on here (with me yelling scam that www.ctsminer.com was) from the get go....pulled the trigger too soon got burnt
scammer got scared because of a whois trace to the ip they used showing the www.ctsminer.com was registered (ip that is) to another
scam site thru the history on the hosting firms page in LA www.butterflyiabs.com (clone site of butterfly labs) from a couple months back ..I know bfl is still raising
a stink about that

so the scammer to stop/slow down or whatever people digging too far back ..got cold fee ..said it was all a mistake and gave btc back and his dream of
making a miner was dead due to us evil folk on this thread and he is getting out of bitcoin asap

people who got scammed gave out BTC... so they had some loss ....as a reward to those who helped and all who got btc back generally agree that they
thought they had better odds with a free virgin galactic flight to space contest win.....they we're pretty stunned..the ones I talked to in Skype.

thread then took off on  a tangent that no one (20/20 hindsight) could be dumb enough to actually send ctsminer btc probably some of the noobs saying such
were the scammers to misdirect (large proportion of those I did an /ignore on were new accounts on here)

thus they infer people on this thread we're in on it...(myself included or I just hit /ignore on 14 folk for no reason...except the tin foil hat belief I'm behind it all
lmao (still cracks me up)

I of course being warped thought that was the coolest thing ever ....felt like james bond ..I digress

then she said /he said he (mike) was really a she (Rebecca)or vice versa kinda confusing when Rebecca signs stuff mike in the mea culpa of returning btc

anyway

I still want to see mike show us the 5TH PROTOTYPE miner he claimed to have video of before he pulled down the www.ctsminer.com site....sure would like to see that
a 5TH prototype would cut the pain down of us evil folks on here that killed his dream (according to him)....if that existed ...zowie...funny so far no reply to that request...qo figure..

heh yeah right

so anyway that is it in a nutshell (my version from the bleachers)

by the by the issue 16 of bitcoin talk magazine the "to the moon issue" has an AD on page 10 I think it is for extermeminers.net....full page ad..there is another thread here on bitcointalk.org about them do a search....they were outted  as a scam in like 2 days or some such ...web site was up 4 days etc....way more obvious a scam then ctsminer was....so bitcoin talk magazine and other press still take AD dollars w/o regard for journalism or reporting on such scams....BFL has an AD on inside cover but tot he best of my knowledge no one asks josh from bfl any hard questions on their scam nor this page 10 extrememiner AD obviously it was take the cash for the AD no questions asked....so much for investigative journalism in the bitcoin world.

so yeah wonder how many noobs saw the AD on page 10 bitcoin talk and bit

anyway scams will continue keep an eye out

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:50:32 AM

What the fuck are you smoking Searing ?

Can I have some ? Smiley

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
Shameless Beggar

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:09:02 AM

What the fuck are you smoking Searing ?

Can I have some ? Smiley

Don't be misled, it's just a 'Searing' 'clueless' character he plays.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: