Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:14:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★ [ANN] GiftCoin [GFT] Reignited - Giftcoin is back! [BIG COMEBACK] ★★  (Read 5803 times)
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:49:54 PM

The difficulty adjustment needs to be fixed. I remember this coin on launch, the diff stayed low for a long time while everyone raped the coin. It was instamine madness. Now that the big whales left its stuck up there. Who wants to waste their time bringing it back down. Devs need to get a clue here, its not 2013, there are thousands more miners now. Why not release a fixed client?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
delphs

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:05:43 PM

You don't get it, do you? I mined this a couple of weeks back. The network hashrate was like 200mh, I was 1/10th of the total network hash rate. We weren't finding blocks, it took me almost 2 days to get like 50 giftcoin or something, and it'll NEVER get paid out to me because the difficulty is stupid.

Even in a perfect world with unicorns and fairies making love, it would still take almost a year for the difficulty to work out.

Now I get it. And I am very sad. Maybe this last block mined be me will be the last.
Anyway, thanks for the info. Sadly my calculations are incorrect.  Sad

I'm pretty sure that problem is fixed as I found 2 blocks in 3 days by myself... but yes the nethash needs a giant boost to at least push the difficulty out

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:07:45 PM

You don't get it, do you? I mined this a couple of weeks back. The network hashrate was like 200mh, I was 1/10th of the total network hash rate. We weren't finding blocks, it took me almost 2 days to get like 50 giftcoin or something, and it'll NEVER get paid out to me because the difficulty is stupid.

Even in a perfect world with unicorns and fairies making love, it would still take almost a year for the difficulty to work out.

Now I get it. And I am very sad. Maybe this last block mined be me will be the last.
Anyway, thanks for the info. Sadly my calculations are incorrect.  Sad

I'm pretty sure that problem is fixed as I found 2 blocks in 3 days by myself... but yes the nethash needs a giant boost to at least push the difficulty out

Great, now find about 1,850 more, that's only 1,233 days till the difficulty retarget, so 3.38 years.

Simple math people.

jellyfish420

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:15:39 PM

Anyway, thanks for the info. Sadly my calculations are incorrect.  Sad

i stopped by and mined for a bit...but i just can't bring myself to stay there...is the dev done with his coin?
ripplebtc

Activity: 277

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:21:55 PM

I like this coin, but it's very difficult to mine. How to solve diff problem?  Cry
manicminer44

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:24:34 PM

i stopped by Smiley i'll help hash out this block with with you Smiley

Smiley

67%

I admit, it's a little bit boring.  Grin
delphs

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:34:14 PM

the most frustrating part is that we know this coin will stabilise once the current difficulty is gone...

Like having a wait out the island but too lazy to swim towards it LOL

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
vesperwillow

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:52:55 PM

i stopped by and mined for a bit...but i just can't bring myself to stay there...is the dev done with his coin?

No. The dev created this coin as a pump/dump to make BTC, and then left it to die.

the most frustrating part is that we know this coin will stabilise once the current difficulty is gone...

Like having a wait out the island but too lazy to swim towards it LOL

No, it's like swimming from the North pole to the South pole.

I like this coin, but it's very difficult to mine. How to solve diff problem?  Cry

The difficulty retarget is every 2,000 some blocks. The last I checked the network was at 1,900 some blocks. I figure it's at 1,850 now. If it takes 1 day to find 1.5 blocks (2 days for 3, according to the guy above), then do the math:

1850 / 1.5 = 1233 days = 3.38 years before the difficulty is fixed.

delphs

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:03:33 PM

basically we have to tell the doge crowd to mine this for a couple hour LOL

manicminer44

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:09:10 PM

The difficulty retarget is every 2,000 some blocks. The last I checked the network was at 1,900 some blocks. I figure it's at 1,850 now. If it takes 1 day to find 1.5 blocks (2 days for 3, according to the guy above), then do the math:

1850 / 1.5 = 1233 days = 3.38 years before the difficulty is fixed.

Strange, it's like talking to a television. Pointless. Dev sometimes writes a stirring post, and then disappears. We keep complaining and no answer, not a single answer from him. I don't really understand. Why is it good for him to push this whole thing? He doesn't earn anything from a coin, which has no exchange and totally useless. The only logical answer is he really want to keep alive this coin, but then why doesn't he do more for it?  Huh
vesperwillow

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:22:55 PM

He doesn't care, he used the coin to get BTC.

The only reason I even post here is to try and keep people from mining the coin, because they're wasting their efforts. If you want to mine something worth value, join tagmining.com and mine TAG. Or LTC or FTC or something.

TAG is going to have a value increase in February though.

manicminer44

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:26:25 PM

But how?

TAG is going to have a value increase in February though.

Has the forking issue resolved already? I mined it for a week, half of the blocks got orphaned.
vesperwillow

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:35:56 PM

But how?

pump/dump: build a lot of hype over a coin, get a bunch of folks to mine it: this increases its perceived value far above its actual value (pumping), then dump the coin on an exchange for all the BTC you can get.

afterward, leave the coin. you're left with BTC and a dead coin. many of these altcoins are pump/dump, even dogecoin, which appears to be a long-con. I will say dogecoin is still very valuable though.

Has the forking issue resolved already? I mined it for a week, half of the blocks got orphaned.

The new client (1.03) has been released on all platforms (windows, ubuntu, mac, osx). The network will be switched over the first week of february, this gives time for the folks to upgrade.

There are still orphans but this could be good: not as many people are mining the coin, so the difficulty is half what it was, which means you could possibly get more coins now than a few weeks from now.

Unlike giftcoin, TAG has a huge backing, and 2014 will see nice value increases.

delphs

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:41:41 PM

But how?

pump/dump: build a lot of hype over a coin, get a bunch of folks to mine it: this increases its perceived value far above its actual value (pumping), then dump the coin on an exchange for all the BTC you can get.

afterward, leave the coin. you're left with BTC and a dead coin. many of these altcoins are pump/dump, even dogecoin, which appears to be a long-con. I will say dogecoin is still very valuable though.

Name me an exchange where he could have dumped it? LOL

vesperwillow

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:43:07 PM

But how?

An exchange popped up for a few seconds at the beginning from what I remember, but I could be wrong. It could be a wholly failed attempt at pump/dump.

Either way.. dead coin.

delphs

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:54:31 PM

An exchange popped up for a few seconds at the beginning from what I remember, but I could be wrong. It could be a wholly failed attempt at pump/dump.

Either way.. dead coin.

I'm not trying to be a dick or fight you on the fact that the coin is on life support, but do you know how crazy your basement conspiracy theory of a magical exchange popping up sounds?

vesperwillow

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:04:29 PM

I'm not trying to be a dick or fight you on the fact that the coin is on life support, but do you know how crazy your basement conspiracy theory of a magical exchange popping up sounds?

Like I said, whether it did pop up or didn't, the fact remains the dev isn't interested in long-term support, and was never interested in support once the difficulty got high. It certainly smells of a hopeful pump/dump. And if no exchange ever existed, that only makes it more hilarious of a failcoin. This is one of the few altcoins with not even 5 pages of threads yet.

manicminer44

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:08:23 PM

That's my problem too. This coin is totally useless at the moment. It cannot be dumped. Dev has zero profit from it. No exchange popped up at all! What's more, it is impossible at the moment, since block confirmation is extremely slow.

I still don't understand what is this whole thing about. This coin isn't good for anyone. Miners has no revenue, dev neither, pools can't do anything with collected fees and even if someone wold like to print out a gift card, he/she could not use it, since nobody accepts it.

What is the point of this slow and agonizing death with zero profit?
delphs

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:15:42 PM

I guess we like torture Tongue

vesperwillow

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:58:44 PM

Social experiment / Pulls hashrate from other coins? lol

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: