Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:29:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling essays on any topic, 5 BTC per page  (Read 1976 times)
PLATO (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 06:29:13 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2011, 07:16:00 PM by plato

I'm willing to write essays on any topic that I can google. If your task requires me to do more than google, I'll charge an additional 10 BTC per hour for the time I spend not googling/writing, e.g. creating graphics, finding books in a library or doing other offline research. This should be zero for most papers; if it's not I will give you an estimate in advance. [edit: I'm defining a 'page' as 500 words, as this is pretty close to most formats' actual page length.]

Any topic is fair game. Maybe you want a treatise demonstrating that drug policy is detrimental to the state of society as a whole, or maybe you'd just like some lab reports. As long as the info is googlable, I'll find it and write a quality essay. Please note - I do not have access to any private online journals.

Post your job requests here with the following info; if you would like to keep your requests private, you can email me at plato@subvert.me; gpg key here.

• What I'm writing about: Provide as many details as possible; including any context that will help me google, or recommended sources
  • Deadline: I may apply additional fees at my discretion for tight deadlines, if my workload gets heavy
  • Desired length: Please mention whether this is a strict maximum, strict minimum, or a suggestion
  • Citations: Do you care about citations?  What format, and how many?
  • Target Audience: Who is going to read this essay?
  • Data: If I'm writing a lab report or similar, I will need the pertinent data
  • Meta info: Any header info, such as the organization this is being written for

By default I'll send essays as html to preserve formatting across platforms, but I'll send pdf's or any other format upon request. I will typeset essays into LaTeX for a 10% surcharge. Turnaround time will be based on my workload.

I'm offering everyone a 10 BTC discount on their first essay. I reserve the right to retract this discount, e.g. to prevent abuse if your forums account is very new, or to keep my workload manageable if I get swamped with jobs.
I require payment upfront and will not give refunds; please contact me to discuss your request and get a quote. Most requests should be a flat 5 BTC/page. I'll be happy to send you drafts-in-progress for feedback. I'll deal with copyright rights on a case by case basis.

Here is an example of my work: http://subvert.me/res/pdf/whoops.pdf
You can see my -otc rating at http://trust.bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=PLATO&sign=ANY&type=RECV

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dirtyfilthy

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 09:13:41 PM

This sounds like an interesting concept, and one I could potentially use in future. I'll pay 20 BTC for a 5 page essay (+1 page bibliography, doesn't need to be a full page, so six in total) on "The History of Cryptocurrency", results to be posted on this thread. Citations can be in any reasonable academic format, desired audience is the bitcoin forum. Deadline is the 16th of march.
PLATO (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 09:27:05 PM

Alright, I'll get started and report back.
edit: since this is for the community i'll make an exception and take payment after i post the completed work

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: