Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:48:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [24-01-2014] Next Big What - Delhi Based Entrepreneurs Launch HighKart  (Read 2307 times)
highkart (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

The Bitcoin Store for India

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 02:42:27 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 02:45:13 PM by Benson Samuel

http://www.nextbigwhat.com/highkart-bitcoin-ecommerce-store-india-297/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pluggd+(NextBigWhat.com)

Our first mention in the news!!

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techguy

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:52:06 PM

All the best for your services.

By the way,

all customer credentials are verified before shipping the products

How are you planning to verify the customer credentials ?
BTCIndia

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:59:22 PM

No background details on company, registration.. anything?

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 02:49:56 PM

By the way,

The shipping details will be verified and we will be scrutinizing every order, that's it, to avoid any regulatory related issues.

Regards,
Team HighKart

BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:47:04 AM

By the way,

The shipping details will be verified and we will be scrutinizing every order, that's it, to avoid any regulatory related issues.

Regards,
Team HighKart

Okay! But, I think, at this moment shipping and scrutinizing order must not be concern. You should be concerned about the "Mode of Payment" you're accepting. Do you have any idea about, what are you accepting? I mean, as per definition of laws. Some say, Bitcoin is document, some say Bitcoin is commodity. You must understand one thing- you're selling your goods for unknown thing. That might be currency, commodity or anything else. You should explore laws whether barter is legal or not. Cuz, you're doing that. Plus, be careful whom you sell you're received Bitcoin for INR. You'll be responsible how they use Bitcoin.

P.S: Don't forget to update us with transaction volume done in BTC.

Regards,
Team India Grin

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 11:55:12 AM

By the way,

Regards,
Team HighKart

Okay! But, I think, at this moment shipping and scrutinizing order must not be concern. You should be concerned about the "Mode of Payment" you're accepting. Do you have any idea about, what are you accepting? I mean, as per definition of laws. Some say, Bitcoin is document, some say Bitcoin is commodity. You must understand one thing- you're selling your goods for unknown thing. That might be currency, commodity or anything else. You should explore laws whether barter is legal or not. Cuz, you're doing that. Plus, be careful whom you sell you're received Bitcoin for INR. You'll be responsible how they use Bitcoin.

P.S: Don't forget to update us with transaction volume done in BTC.

Regards,
Team India Grin

FUD - Above is a classic example.

thenoblebot

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:47:29 PM

Not entirely FUD id say but I do sense some vested interest maybe. barter is absolutely fine but when converting/selling to cash due precautions must be taken so as to not violate the law (since there are no laws currently foe btc specifically )

PS : Hey benson same ignore problem I spoke about earlier ... btcindia is now on my ignore list too .. not sure how this ignore thing works  Huh Maybe when you ignore others get the same setting passed on or something ..or is it just happening with my profile dunno
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 02:14:30 PM

Not entirely FUD id say but I do sense some vested interest maybe.

What may that vested interest be?
Cos all that I read was "be afraid, not sure if you know what you are doing. Bitcoin is complicated and controversial!"

Hmm, now don't we all know that already? So that makes that above text block FUD.

PS : Hey benson same ignore problem I spoke about earlier ... btcindia is now on my ignore list too .. not sure how this ignore thing works  Huh Maybe when you ignore others get the same setting passed on or something ..or is it just happening with my profile dunno

The ignore list in SMF populates only when the ignore button is clicked. Maybe an accidental click?

thenoblebot

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:26:50 PM

Cos all that I read was "be afraid, not sure if you know what you are doing. Bitcoin is complicated and controversial!"

Hmm, now don't we all know that already? So that makes that above text block FUD.

The ignore list in SMF populates only when the ignore button is clicked. Maybe an accidental click?

Vested interest on btcindia's part .... not urs .. he seemed to be coming down a bit harshly on the announcement.

About the ignore option : its kinda strange,  noticed it twice ... the probability of accidentally clicking without noticing decreasing each time in my proabilistic model of belief.... i think god is playing dice with me lol
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 02:37:01 PM

Vested interest on btcindia's part .... not urs .. he seemed to be coming down a bit harshly on the announcement.

About the ignore option : its kinda strange,  noticed it twice ... the probability of accidentally clicking without noticing decreasing each time in my proabilistic model of belief.... i think god is playing dice with me lol

Mebbe the dice fell on the mouse button and clicked 'ignore'

BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:19:36 PM

Not entirely FUD id say but I do sense some vested interest maybe. barter is absolutely fine but when converting/selling to cash due precautions must be taken so as to not violate the law (since there are no laws currently foe btc specifically )

Never seen anyone so right about my "vested interested".  Grin

thenoblebot

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:47:01 AM

Never seen anyone so right about my "vested interested".  Grin

Lol I must say you have a nice sense of humour to take it sportingly ... the reason I said that was because you seemes to be coming down on the post a bit harshly and more importantly also you asking him about BTC volumes about his business .. that seems like wanting to know more than what is usually neccessary .. thats why "vested interest" ... but I'm glad you took it sportingly, appreciate the spirit Cheesy
BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:13:19 PM

PS : Hey benson same ignore problem I spoke about earlier ... btcindia is now on my ignore list too .. not sure how this ignore thing works  Huh Maybe when you ignore others get the same setting passed on or something ..or is it just happening with my profile dunno

Never seen anyone so right about my "vested interested".  Grin

Lol I must say you have a nice sense of humour to take it sportingly ... the reason I said that was because you seemes to be coming down on the post a bit harshly and more importantly also you asking him about BTC volumes about his business .. that seems like wanting to know more than what is usually neccessary .. thats why "vested interest" ... but I'm glad you took it sportingly, appreciate the spirit Cheesy

Humor? I speak straigh from the heart. Sometimes its please other times harsh. Reason, why I highlighted those concerns is obvious. I'm myself worried about interpretation of laws for scope of accepting bitcoin for goods.  I was expecting him to reply me back with some warrants(referring laws) justifying, Highcart can accept Bitcoin(only if he engaged someone to guide him before jumping in quicksand of bitcoin). Seems like he's one man army. Well, I'd prefer to wait until my legal adviser reports me with feasibility of Bitcoin acceptance before going live with e-commerce. As far as spirit is concern, I regret my 'spirit of inquiry'.

P.S.: Products also matters. And his rates are not at all attractive. Someone must explain him, Bitcoin is gold and if you wish people to buy normal goods for gold then. You must plan accordingly. I'm never gonna buy those mediocre products with Bitcoin knowing btc value will probably be much more in future. Remember pizza case? Hope, I justified why I asked for BTC volume. I doubt Castle bloom so far served anyone for Bitcoin. Same will happen with Highkart.  Grin

subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:59:38 PM

PS : Hey benson same ignore problem I spoke about earlier ... btcindia is now on my ignore list too .. not sure how this ignore thing works  Huh Maybe when you ignore others get the same setting passed on or something ..or is it just happening with my profile dunno

Humor? I speak straigh from the heart. Sometimes its please other times harsh. Reason, why I highlighted those concerns is obvious. I'm myself worried about interpretation of laws for scope of accepting bitcoin for goods.  I was expecting him to reply me back with some warrants(referring laws) justifying, Highcart can accept Bitcoin(only if he engaged someone to guide him before jumping in quicksand of bitcoin). Seems like he's one man army. Well, I'd prefer to wait until my legal adviser reports me with feasibility of Bitcoin acceptance before going live with e-commerce. As far as spirit is concern, I regret my 'spirit of inquiry'.

P.S.: Products also matters. And his rates are not at all attractive. Someone must explain him, Bitcoin is gold and if you wish people to buy normal goods for gold then. You must plan accordingly. I'm never gonna buy those mediocre products with Bitcoin knowing btc value will probably be much more in future. Remember pizza case? Hope, I justified why I asked for BTC volume. I doubt Castle bloom so far served anyone for Bitcoin. Same will happen with Highkart.  Grin

BTCIndia you  speak like an investor, and in investor speak you are  absolutely correct, however you are also  completely wrong. The only reason why BTC increases in value is, because of its intrinsic value to be used as a  currency. not  as an investment. If people will stop using BTC as a  currency then BTC  will become void, its value will drop like a  rock and  will actually hold the Tulip crash true.

Because BTC can be  used as  currency people  buy it to be  able to use it.

Highkart has put in  a  good number of work in his  site  design, and a lot of products which is  a  good  thing (Dont know about  operation or warehousing or  procurement strategies so can comment on it). If  he manages his business properly and makes it  convenient for people  to buy from his site  rather than flipkart or ebay, then he will make sure  that Bitcoin in india  will flourish, it will be one  stepping stone  for  having  more  service and  goods transact using  bitcoin.

The more  people  uses  bitcoin to do transaction, the more the  value  of Bitcoin goes higher.

I can  give you examples of alot of thing where  in people  spent bitcoin on trivial things and now when you look at it, it may look like a waste. That is how the  bitcoin economy works. It's not  a traditional  Inflationary economic, but  rather  the opposite.  If i had kept all my bitcoin from the early day i could have retired by now, but i did not. Instead used the btc to  promote its growth and  buy  thing i needed.
highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 05:07:55 AM

Thank you subvolatil for the solidarity shown. We will do our best to help the Bitcoin community flourish. We want to keep our operations as simple as possible for everyone to use. Hopefully, that will draw customers to us..

Do let us know if you have any inputs on how we can better our services/ operations. Suggestions/ feedback will be most welcome!  Smiley

BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:10:08 AM

BTCIndia you  speak like an investor, and in investor speak you are  absolutely correct, however you are also  completely wrong. The only reason why BTC increases in value is, because of its intrinsic value to be used as a  currency. not  as an investment. If people will stop using BTC as a  currency then BTC  will become void, its value will drop like a  rock and  will actually hold the Tulip crash true.

Because BTC can be  used as  currency people  buy it to be  able to use it.

Highkart has put in  a  good number of work in his  site  design, and a lot of products which is  a  good  thing (Dont know about  operation or warehousing or  procurement strategies so can comment on it). If  he manages his business properly and makes it  convenient for people  to buy from his site  rather than flipkart or ebay, then he will make sure  that Bitcoin in india  will flourish, it will be one  stepping stone  for  having  more  service and  goods transact using  bitcoin.

The more  people  uses  bitcoin to do transaction, the more the  value  of Bitcoin goes higher.

I can  give you examples of alot of thing where  in people  spent bitcoin on trivial things and now when you look at it, it may look like a waste. That is how the  bitcoin economy works. It's not  a traditional  Inflationary economic, but  rather  the opposite.  If i had kept all my bitcoin from the early day i could have retired by now, but i did not. Instead used the btc to  promote its growth and  buy  thing i needed.

After peeling layer by layer.. I reached conclusion that Bitcoin ultimately was innovation in 'Payment System'..asset, currency.. etc all being sub-sets. Seems like, I've developed habit of being wrong. I'd prefer to stay 'wrong' until next century.

P.S.: I literary beg Higcart to update us(community/me) whenever executes first trade in btc. Wink

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 09:16:35 AM

A little birdie told me that trades have been executed and Highkart has shipped.

Will request if they can post a shipping confirmation or something as such.

BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:44:26 AM

A little birdie told me that trades have been executed and Highkart has shipped.

That's great! But, still I doubt its 'fixed' one. Because, I remember a story from past, where someone paid Meetup bills in Bitcoin.  Wink
I'm sure, the day my e-commerce goes live, I'll trade worth 10-20 bitcoins.... no..no 30 is sensational. Lets take advantage of anonymity.  Grin

highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 11:32:46 AM

Well Yes!! We are proud to announce that trades have commenced and we have shipped our first order and are in the process of shipping the rest that have come through so far.

We would like to thank our patrons who have started using our services.

Cheers to all the Bitcoiners!!  Smiley

BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:41:05 PM

Well Yes!! We are proud to announce that trades have commenced and we have shipped our first order and are in the process of shipping the rest that have come through so far.

We would like to thank our patrons who have started using our services.

Cheers to all the Bitcoiners!!  Smiley

Are you liquidating or stockpiling?

highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 06:16:30 AM

Dear BTCIndia,

That would be an internal strategy that we decide from time to time basis the need of the business.
Currently, we are liquidating for the following reasons:
a. We have to pay our vendors
b. It increases the BTC circulation and helps increase the BTC value

highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 05:49:26 AM

Our second and third mention within a week of launch!

Thanks to everyone who has made this possible!

Links to the articles:
http://bitcoinuniverse.in/highkart-com-indias-first-bitcoin-store/
http://bensonsamuel.com/2014/01/31/we-need-bitcoin-startups-in-india/

Your support and solidarity extended has been very encouraging indeed!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 07:52:29 AM

An interview with Amit, CEO of HighKart - By Krishna in DNA today:
http://www.dnaindia.com/money/interview-india-s-first-e-commerce-store-to-accept-bitcoin-only-as-a-payment-method-1959468

Team HighKart

highkart (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 09:09:36 AM

HighKart gets a mention in Techcrunch today:
http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/11/india-raises-concerns-on-bitcoins-credibility-but-doesnt-call-it-illegal-yet/?ncid=twittersocialshare 

Team HighKart

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: