Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:24:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which wallet should I use?  (Read 319 times)
Harentajbaraul

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:46:41 PM

nano would be the better

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptocurrencyguru

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:09:10 PM

3 Most famous wallets they are Blockchain.info and Luno.com and  Coinbase.com these are three wallets which are widely used in the market
Crypto Mark

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:14:28 PM

I'm looking for a kind wallet which is secure, easy fast to use and I control the private key, so no online wallet.

I've used blockchain.info in the past but my account got hacked I suppose because I couldn't log in anymore. I didn't use 2 factor at that time.

BitcoinCore took a very long time to synchronize and a transaction took more than a month, I gave 0,001BTC miners fee to send BTC to an exchange wallet. Maybe the exchange was having some issues.

The choice is between armory and electrum, I think.

What do you think?

The most important thing is to choose a place to store Bitcoin (Bitcoin Wallet) whose credibility is reflected from the founders and managers behind it. With Bitcoin wallet, the user has some sort of virtual bank account lets the person receive Bitcoin, pay with Bitcoin or save.
Kate_Ngubanga

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 08:16:53 PM

I use metamask it is very convenient it can be opened immediately by entering the browser and it is also safe to store. It has some pluses.
BillyTalent

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:21:53 PM

I'm looking for a kind wallet which is secure, easy fast to use and I control the private key, so no online wallet.

I've used blockchain.info in the past but my account got hacked I suppose because I couldn't log in anymore. I didn't use 2 factor at that time.

BitcoinCore took a very long time to synchronize and a transaction took more than a month, I gave 0,001BTC miners fee to send BTC to an exchange wallet. Maybe the exchange was having some issues.

The choice is between armory and electrum, I think.

What do you think?

Somehow separate wallet in this area is not in use, nowadays a lot of choice on the subject, each with their own udobstvami, so you will not be able to offer, it is better to learn about each and choose the suitable one for you.
lesya-ya

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:22:17 PM

in my opinion electrum convenient and reliable electronic wallet. Try to please you. Wink
Broesel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:59:48 PM

If you want to be on the safe side, you should try a hardware wallet. I can recommend Trezor. Easy to use, fast and very secure: https://trezor.io/

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
19nataliya12

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:16:38 PM

Cryptonator.com - rightfully considered the most popular, thoughtful and reliable solution for creating bitcoin purse online. It is used both for daily work with crypto currency, and for more serious operations with it. This service allows you to exchange bitcoin for another crypto currency right in your wallet. It also has a convenient and understandable interface and supports a mobile application.
abanansah

Activity: 328

www.daxico.com

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:00:56 PM

I will still recommend you to get back to use blockchain.info and this time add google 2fa to its . It is free and most secured wallet I have used since I came to cryptocurrency and I haven't got any issues with it.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:16:52 AM
Merited by HCP (1)

3 Most famous wallets they are Blockchain.info and Luno.com and  Coinbase.com these are three wallets which are widely used in the market

Most famous =/= best

A perfect example. Luno and Coinbase are platforms to buy and sell bitcoin for fiat; and you should only use them for that one exact purpose. They don't even give you access to your private keys.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 10:05:31 AM
Merited by HCP (1)

This really depends on these 3 things:

1) the amount of BTC you want to store
2) the frequency you want to access your coins
3) the grade of security you want to achieve

If you want to store amounts which are 'big' enough to absorb the purchase of a hardware wallet -> Go for it. Ledger and Trezor are the best ones.
Those offer highest grade of security combined with convinience in daily usage.

If you don't want to buy a hardware wallet, but want to have highest possible security -> Go for a cold storage. This means store the private keys / seed only in an air-gapped offline environment.
Spending from such a wallet can be a hassle, but your coins will stay very secured.

If you want to access your coins frequently and don't want to buy a hardware wallet -> Go for a split-option. Create a cold wallet and store a big percentage of your holding there.
Use a light-weight wallet for your every-day spendings. I'd suggest Electrum in this case.

Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:01:19 PM

According to me the best wallet is electrum wallet. Iam using this wallet for long time. It is suits for both desktop and mobile. This is very safe and secure wallet. Compare to other wallets the transaction fees is also low in this wallet. Electrum wallet supports two factor authentication and it is segwit enabled wallet. This wallet is mostly used by bitcoin users. Other wallets such as coinbase, mycelium these are wallets are also used by bitcoin people for their transactions.
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:37:25 PM

Electrum wallet is the best wallet to use, Iam using this wallet for long time. This is very safe and secure wallet, with two factor authentication. And it is enabled with Segwit address for low transaction fees. Other wallets such as mycelium, jaxx, exodus, coinomi, blockchain these are also the good wallets to use. But I don't have experience in this wallets. If you want you can try these wallets also.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:36:26 PM

Iam using coinbase wallet for long time, still i didn't face any problem. It is very safe and secure wallet among other wallets. The wallets with two factor authentication is always good for the coins. It supports four coins such as bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoincash and litecoin. Moreover the transaction fees is minimal in this wallet when compared to other wallets.
michael82544

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:39:53 PM

ImToken for ERC-20 coins is good
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 08:53:32 AM

Iam using coinbase wallet for long time, still i didn't face any problem. It is very safe and secure wallet among other wallets.

Coinbase can NOT be considered a safe and secure wallet.

Don't consider 'coinbase' as a secure/safe wallet.
Coinbase is a company which does offer an exchange.
They do provide a service where they are in charge of your bitcoins, allowing you to withdraw them. But this is NOT a proper wallet, since you don't have access to your private keys, effectively NOT owning any bitcoins.

All you basically own when using such a service is some digits in their database tied to your account..

Moreover the transaction fees is minimal in this wallet when compared to other wallets.

The transaction fees require are completely independent to the wallet you are using.
Each (proper) wallet gives you the possibility to choose an estimated or set a fixed fee for your transaction.

sirico

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:10:55 PM

my recommendation is NANO S ... hardware wallets are the safest wallets because it doesn't show the private key.. but if you asking about online wallets .... you can try few wallets like coinbase
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: