Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:56:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 307 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PoS+PoW] eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta  (Read 415591 times)
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:18:23 AM

I agree with the idea to vote on this - the devs should come up with a few options they are happy with and then let the investors decide.

+1 totally agree with this solution.

Obviously people who already invested will vote to diminish others potential shares to increase their own.  Roll Eyes That is counter-intuitive to a fair distribution.

Everything sounds reasonable. My suggestion will be - quit everything except 1 stage investors. It will be honest - really they took a risk. But please do not talk any more about "fair distribution" and such shit. Can be good coin, with successful ipo (it is already an achievement), nothing more nothing less.    

Exactly the stupid behavior we should expect when deciding to retroactively change the investment terms. The majority will choose to make changes in their own self interest. Don't claim to be something different than everyone else (specifically Nxt was mentioned) then turn around and do the same thing. NEM has this same problem. Claimed to be egalitarian, but made no effort to actually be egalitarian and had to change the investment terms a million times on-the-fly. I don't understand why no-one can get this right. Seems like it's the part that gets the least thought beforehand, but argued about the most after the fact.

Now you have a party with a conflict of interest in doing whats best for the distribution (1st stage early bird investors), and you want them to choose/vote on making modifications to the distribution model? lmao.

Sorry but you got it wrong. NEM stakes have never been sold. There is no investment term. To clarify, there was only a call to join a community to build NEM/ Nemcoin.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lpingui

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:27:11 AM

Enthusiasm is really high, so many people Huitie! I have to fight for a chance!

Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 12:31:15 AM

Are you guys fucking HIGH ?!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=457575.1140

This is pretty much a 1 to 1 copy of that scam.

Sending BTC to an unknown, anonymous "dev" with nice story is financial sucide.

IPO My ass.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 12:44:13 AM

Sending BTC to an unknown a known, anonymous "dev" with nice story is financial sucide eponymous Escrow Service.

FIFY!    Wink

Maybe you should read the terms of the "escrow" on their site.

3. You will have to accept that we delivered "the goods" on the escrow site at least one week before the announced go-live. Of course we will remind you of this deadline. Otherwise you will not get the equivalent of EXOs. At that point of time you had already the possibility to test our client and network in an open beta!

So basically you still send BTC before you get ANYTHING of value.

Don't be fooled guys.

THIS IS A SCAM !

I'm not gonna come back here in a few days and say " I told you so."

Use your brain before sending your hard earned BTC. Read that Stacks thread that I linked too. I wouln't be suprised if this is run by the same scammer.

eXo_coin (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 12:55:20 AM

Sending BTC to an unknown a known, anonymous "dev" with nice story is financial sucide eponymous Escrow Service.

FIFY!    Wink

3. You will have to accept that we delivered "the goods" on the escrow site at least one week before the announced go-live. Of course we will remind you of this deadline. Otherwise you will not get the equivalent of EXOs. At that point of time you had already the possibility to test our client and network in an open beta!

Don't be fooled guys.

THIS IS A SCAM !

Use your brain before sending your hard earned BTC. Read that Stacks thread that I linked too. I wouln't be suprised if this is run by the same scammer.

Ah I am sorry for that part. If the escrow service providers (like Anon but he is not the only one - "just" about 95% or something) accept this - then it is OK FOR US:
exchanging in batches like 5BTC  EXO<-> BTC between Anon and us. In that case Anon would have to deliver EXO to his customers obviously. I might just did not read but I think we did not get a answer on that part from you yet Anon? Could you please shortly phrase if that would be ok for you ( I know that this would be more work for you).

Sorry Joerii, I told the community that this is acceptable for us but did not updated that passage. I will edit it if Anon accepts it. Since it is work for him we cannot simply assume that he is going to do that. Hope that will reduce your scamming concerns at least a bit.

As for everything stated here since whitepaper release, thanks for the first feedback. As stated we are going to discuss the spreading percentage within the team tomorrow. Please be patient and hold on.
Most PMs are done now but there are still about 30. Tomorrow we will be caught up with all PMs and mails I guess. Thanks for your understanding.
thanks to everyone so far - eXocoin

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:02:39 AM

FIFY!    Wink

Don't be fooled guys.

THIS IS A SCAM !

Ah I am sorry for that part. If the escrow service providers (like Anon but he is not the only one - "just" about 95% or something) accept this - then it is OK FOR US:
exchanging in batches like 5BTC  EXO<-> BTC between Anon and us. In that case Anon would have to deliver EXO to his customers obviously. I might just did not read but I think we did not get a answer on that part from you yet Anon? Could you please shortly phrase if that would be ok for you ( I know that this would be more work for you).

Sorry Joerii, I told the community that this is acceptable for us but did not updated that passage. I will edit it if Anon accepts it. Since it is work for him we cannot simply assume that he is going to do that. Hope that will reduce your scamming concerns at least a bit.

As for everything stated here since whitepaper release, thanks for the first feedback. As stated we are going to discuss the spreading percentage within the team tomorrow. Please be patient and hold on.
Most PMs are done now but there are still about 30. Tomorrow we will be caught up with all PMs and mails I guess. Thanks for your understanding.
thanks to everyone so far - eXocoin

yes my understanding is the same. he will send the exo to me in batches and i will send bitcoins to him in batches then i will deliver the exo to my customers. It will be a lot of extra work so i'm hoping the exo_coin will pay me something for that service, well see.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 01:20:32 AM

Even if you lose a small ammount of money to people who use a legit escrow service, you'll still make TONS of BTC from fools who will trust you enough to send BTC in advance.

People, read around this forum please. Don't fall for the next scam.

utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:24:57 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 02:33:53 AM by utopianfuture

Let's stop the speculation and analyze the white paper instead Roll Eyes could be interesting; much better than Visacoin's white paper though.

I am going to skip the "blah blah" part and go to the meat. I think the block generation logic is flawed but I can't really get through this English to be sure I can understand what the author means. It is not really POW or POS. One thing though this kind of writing does not belong to someone frequently writes scientific papers in English. So it is better to wait to the Q&A  part to see if the authors know what he is doing.

-----------------------------------------------------

3.7 Block generation and chain details

A new block is built every 10 minutes. This is not an estimated value – it is a fixed setting (does not
rely on dynamic difficulty instead uses a timer and eXo network time). Since miners do not build the
chain the calculation of the very next block is not hard to find for any CPU in the range of some
milliseconds. This is crucial – otherwise the chain would not go on. To prevent someone building up
his own chain by just adding some hundreds blocks and claiming in the network that he has got the
largest chain (bitcoin for instance assumes that the largest chain is the most valid one because
adding new valid elements is extremely difficult) – eXocoin cannot rely on the largest chain. Like a
shared network time is found on the net by a majority (including trustlevel) it is the same algorithm
for the block chain.
Not only will the length of the block chain be calculated. If they have agreed on the correct length
they have to check the very latest block if they are identical (hash of serialized block data including all
transactions and so on). To face latency dependent inconsistencies (e.g. one node appends a
transaction right before a block end and another node would add it in the next block):
- Some seconds (e.g. 10) before a block is about to end all nodes will stop sending new
transactions. They will delay those transactions to the next block.
- Nodes will not stop appending transactions at any time
- If an attacker circumvents the “stop sending” barrier it would depend on luck if it gets
processed (=included in block) at all. An attacker, however, does not have any advantages in
doing so 12

eXocoin includes transaction fees. Transaction fees are essential to prevent transaction flooding. The
fees (sum) are stored together with the transactions in a block.
Since eXocoin do not want to be associated with terms like “mining” and “forging” for the PoS part of
the system (of course we have a PoW part..) there is no block generation node that has to be chosen
by random or something. For us it is a cleaner and more intuitive way (especially for non-IT users
since it is similar to bank accounts) to sum up all fees of the last month. The nodes generate
themselves a special monthly interest transaction that has to be confirmed by the network. The
interest depends on their balance on each second of the month (like banks calculate things). To
prevent a massive transaction flooding caused by this system the nodes themselves will choose a
random amount to wait for this action (say anywhere between the first and fifth day of the next
month). This way we can ensure that every node will get a monthly paid interest (note: this part is as
of now only conceptual. It is not integrated yet)

3.9 Nodes vs Accounts

While talking about nodes in the last (and next) chapters we are aware of the fact that we cannot
rely on nodes without any further proof. Let us explain it a bit more (conceptional state as for now):
In theory one attacker could more or less easily spawn many instances of the program (he could
circumvent our protection that you can launch the client only once) each with a different port so that
all of them are considered as nodes in the network. At least at the start of eXocoin he can gain a
majority (even with trustlevels considered) and can manipulate everything he wants. He could use
bot-networks as well. We are considering to only allow nodes to participate in the network as
“active” node (who answers GET_TIME requests and similar) if they have a certain minimal amount
of EXO in their wallets. A second (maybe additional) option would be a lower trustlevel for a new
node. They would have to proof that they cooperate with the network (correct block/time no spam
etc) and would gain the default trustlevel afterwards (could be decreased again if something
happens).
More information can be expected within whitepaper version 1.1 or 1.2.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:38:48 AM

Even if you lose a small ammount of money to people who use a legit escrow service, you'll still make TONS of BTC from fools who will trust you enough to send BTC in advance.

A scam? As in phenixcoin?  Roll Eyes
Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 01:47:42 AM

Yes !

utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:49:12 AM

Could you understand what he is writing in the so call "white paper" ?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
suppow

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:49:35 AM

YES! YES! YES!
I just receive the message from eXo. The whitepaper shows up!
Cheers
 Smiley

hardalisas

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:59:18 AM

Has anyone check the whitepaper seriously?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:24:29 AM

its a novel idea of how to attack the byzantine generals problem ill grant him that. i really don't know if it will work. I suspect not. I suspect there is an attack vector. it seems vulnerable to ddos. I'll have to think about it more. If honest nodes controlled more ip addresses than it should work. Could honest nodes be reasonably expected to control more ip addresses?

*edit* on the plus side, the fact that he put this much thought into it is some evidence that its not a scam atleast.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 02:25:15 AM

How hard is it to write a bullshit whitepaper ? If i'd try a scam like this ( which i'd never do, to be clear ) I'd make sure to provide as much believable data as possible.

As long as we don't know who these people are, they have NOTHING to lose and so much to gain.

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:35:20 AM

How hard is it to write a bullshit whitepaper ? If i'd try a scam like this ( which i'd never do, to be clear ) I'd make sure to provide as much believable data as possible.

As long as we don't know who these people are, they have NOTHING to lose and so much to gain.

Dude... Just leave this forum men, if you can't say anything else then scam, scam scam.

And with saying that, all the people here are aware that if they invest it could turn out bad, or at worst case it's a scam, so you don't have to scream it here all the time.
a7594li

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:43:36 AM

it's a good idea!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀████████▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ██████████   ▀▀██▄
▄██▀     ████████████     ▀██▄
██▀      ██████████████      ▀██
██▀      ████████████████      ▀██
██▀      ██████████████████      ▀██
▄██      █████████  █████████      ██▄
██      █████████    █████████      ██
██     █████████      █████████     ██
██    █████████        █████████    ██
██   █████████          █████████   ██
▀██ ██████████████████████████████ ██▀
████████████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████████   █████████
████████████████████     ███████
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  .A.P.H.E.L.I.O.N.  [    ] 
▄████████████████████████▄
████████████▀     ████████
███████████       ████████
███████████    ███████████
████████          ████████
████████          ████████
▀████████████████████████▀

██████████████████████████
████▀  ▀██████████████████
████▄  ▄██████████████████
████    ██    █▀    ▀█████
████    ██     ▄▄     ████
████    ██    ████    ████

███████████████▀▀▀▀███████
████ ▀███████▀      ▀▀▀███
████    ▀▀██▀        ▄████
████▄               ██████
█████▄             ███████
██████▄           ████████
███▀██▀▀        ▄█████████
████▄▄       ▄▄███████████

██████████████████▀▀   ███
██████████████▀▀  ▄█▀ ▄███
██████████▀▀    ▄█▀   ████
██████▀▀      ▄█▀    ▄████
██▀▀        ▄█▀      █████
████▄▄    ▄█▀       ▄█████
████████▄█▀         ██████
██████████   ▄     ▄██████
██████████ ▄████▄▄ ███████
  ▶  Whitepaper
▶  Website
▶  Register
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:45:37 AM

Would be nice if there is someone who could create a logo for eXo...
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:49:10 AM

@Anon136  i didn't see my fund in eXocoin investment list
lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:50:25 AM

Even if you are right, no one is looking to be rescued, although we appreciate the effort. We will take it from here at our own risk.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 307 »
  Print  

Jump to: