Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:47:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 307 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PoS+PoW] eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta  (Read 415591 times)
migello

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:22:04 PM

2 days passed, we really need the good news .

Really good news from dev.

v0.61 is almost done, especially this issue. Testing will need some time.

Fixed-In: --> 0.61

they are testing this major fix and working on other minors!

Good Job Devs!!!

http://sourceforge.net/u/exxoo/activity

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iGoodw1n

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:13:34 PM

2 days passed, we really need the good news .

Really good news from dev.

v0.61 is almost done, especially this issue. Testing will need some time.

Fixed-In: --> 0.61

they are testing this major fix and working on other minors!

Good Job Devs!!!

http://sourceforge.net/u/exxoo/activity
Hopefully this fix works excellent.  Cool

eXo_coin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 05:25:31 PM

Sorry for the long inactivity (but only here on bitcointalk). We are still highly motivated, don't worry Wink
I just read all pages since my last post. I'll comment on a few of them in some hours plus I'll give some more status notifications what we have made in the past week and so on.

regards eXocoin team

eXo_coin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:17:04 PM

Look at ntp and the block sizes should be the same size,  nodes should also use ping to show that they are responding.
if there are no txs then why does it need to create blocks?
The nodes are pinging each other from time to time.
Well, what is the drawback from generating empty blocks? Especially if time goes by there won't be any empty blockes in the future. Blocks are generated in a fix 10 minute intervall and making any special rule there wouldn't bring advantages.
The overhead of (empty) blocks in one year is only about 1mb.

Let's celebrate 200 pages. I am honored to be a part of EXO and will be stay with EXO to support it as long as possible.
Thanks Smiley 200 pages is at least something

The coin will be released when it is ready - those trying to rush this out are asking for a lower ROI.
But everyone hopes that this will be happened within weeks, not months or years  Grin
Of course, but I am sure the devs are motivated enough without pressure on here to rush out a buggy product.
Be re-assured that we won't release a buggy version Wink We could have rushed a somewhat finished product, release that, get all coins from Anon136 and go away easily some month ago without much hassle. Since we did not you can be sure that we want to have a rock solid and great product.

still working on the bug.
As for the chain async: [...]
Must be one of those bugs that you take 99% of the time (days) to find and 1% to settle.
I tested using 3 VMs here since yesterday. I did a macro to click the "generate 10,000" button.
It took a few minutes but then everything synced without error.

[img...]
Thanks and good luck
Indeed, we could not recreate the problem until now in our closed testnets. Before someone is claiming now, how we could solve an issue that we could not reproduce - well, we are quite convinced after several tests that the issue is caused by the amount of many connected clients in connection to at least some initiated transactions. So we changed something in the handling there. Additionally we fixed another thing in the block(chain) classes and added more security features. Most important (maybe) if a chain async occurs again, the network should fully recover itself within a few seconds without any drawback. After that process all clients should be back in sync automatically. That is also good if you think of malicious network attacks. The clients can easier see if the network health is lower than normal. In later versions this could be used to prevent users from initiating transactions or to warn them. The maximal amount of connected clients will be limited as of 0.61 (that obviously does not apply to the official nodes and can be freely set in the options menu).

its not the truth. I think he is watching World Cup and drinking the beer.  Grin
well not much time unfortunately Wink But I watched some at least.

Boy Grin
yes, we are males.

I allready propose to make a correct french translation a month ago, still waiting for dev's answer..
Indeed I forgot about that. Sorry. We got a reply from the original author of that translation and he made me believe that it is not a google translation. But if it is not good enough from your points of view (we do not speak a single word french) then a new translation would be good I guess (with the current, updated information).

[...]
It would be great atleast update first page with that link to sourceforge...
good idea - first post contains now a link to sourceforge and a notification that eXocoin has not already launched.
Also added the link to the wiki mainpage.

Devs should communicate lot more with the community or ask somebody to act as PR Person for this coin! Should they have solutions to the chain async problem today ? Or was that time-estimate again delayed
Absolutely agree. Pr should be done before launch. Many devs ( i dont talk about exocoin) dont understand, that good product is not enough.
As you do not talk about exocoin I don't have to justify ourselves here. Anyway I want to assure that we understand that a product itself is important but that the greatest program is nothing without proper marketing, communication and so on.
Problem is limited manpower and that priorization must apply somehow. Moreover, if you "get stones rolling" and more and more people get attracted but the product itself is not finished/buggy they can get quickly mad. If you loose a customer once he will most likely never come back. So what I try to say: We want to have a finished product first (in terms of stability and releaseability, not talking about marketplace and other on-top features). After a redesign of the website and a good working client on all major distros (windows, linux, osx) it is much easier and successfuller to advertise eXocoin. But you can have a different opinion - this is our point of view.

Current status of eXocoin in general:
As you can see in our bug tracker there are quite some points (and some are still open). With the 0.61 release we will have solved the major bugs and improved the client with some suggestions (if everything goes well).
OSX developement made huge progress as well. We might release the osx client with 0.61 or otherwise with 0.62.
From 0.61 ongoing we will host our download area content within sourceforge for better download performance and public viewable download statistic.

Timeline (oh well, our timelines hardly have been accurate in the past I must admit - maybe we can get better...) :
- coding 0.61 finished: on 30th June
- publishing changelog: on 30th June
- testing everything and fixing issues caused by 0.61: 1st July - 3rd July
- uploading everything, set up the network and so on: late 3rd July
- release of 0.61 immediatly thereafter (3rd - 4th July)

best regards
eXocoin

iGoodw1n

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:43:55 PM

Next week will be awesome.  Cool

dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:57:32 PM

Thumbs up for the dev + team!

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
zhile11911

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:03:57 AM

Hopefully everything will be fine and this is the only one week we could wait.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
azhago

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:20:44 PM

I allready propose to make a correct french translation a month ago, still waiting for dev's answer..
Indeed I forgot about that. Sorry. We got a reply from the original author of that translation and he made me believe that it is not a google translation. But if it is not good enough from your points of view (we do not speak a single word french) then a new translation would be good I guess (with the current, updated information).

In fact, it's literally impossible to understand anything from this "french translation" if you are french.
I don't know if it's a google translate job (it looks like), but be assured it was made by someone who didn't speak a word of french neither Wink

hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:58:39 PM

In fact, it's literally impossible to understand anything from this "french translation" if you are french.
I don't know if it's a google translate job (it looks like), but be assured it was made by someone who didn't speak a word of french neither Wink

Sacrebleu!  Wink
J.B.O

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:02:11 PM

Good News Smiley

If anyone wants to go for it.

ΠΞM - New Economy Movement - www.ournem.com
CAPTcoin: The crypto-currency for everyone
azhago

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:41:48 AM

Good News Smiley

If anyone wants to go for it.
I proposed myself a long time ago to make a correct one, but i of course want the bounty for translation for myself..

Tout travail mérite salaire ! Smiley
(every work deserve a reward)

loveyouforever

Activity: 269

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:45:00 AM

Look at ntp and the block sizes should be the same size,  nodes should also use ping to show that they are responding.
if there are no txs then why does it need to create blocks?
The nodes are pinging each other from time to time.
Well, what is the drawback from generating empty blocks? Especially if time goes by there won't be any empty blockes in the future. Blocks are generated in a fix 10 minute intervall and making any special rule there wouldn't bring advantages.
The overhead of (empty) blocks in one year is only about 1mb.

Let's celebrate 200 pages. I am honored to be a part of EXO and will be stay with EXO to support it as long as possible.
Thanks Smiley 200 pages is at least something

The coin will be released when it is ready - those trying to rush this out are asking for a lower ROI.
But everyone hopes that this will be happened within weeks, not months or years  Grin
Of course, but I am sure the devs are motivated enough without pressure on here to rush out a buggy product.
Be re-assured that we won't release a buggy version Wink We could have rushed a somewhat finished product, release that, get all coins from Anon136 and go away easily some month ago without much hassle. Since we did not you can be sure that we want to have a rock solid and great product.

still working on the bug.
As for the chain async: [...]
Must be one of those bugs that you take 99% of the time (days) to find and 1% to settle.
I tested using 3 VMs here since yesterday. I did a macro to click the "generate 10,000" button.
It took a few minutes but then everything synced without error.

[img...]
Thanks and good luck
Indeed, we could not recreate the problem until now in our closed testnets. Before someone is claiming now, how we could solve an issue that we could not reproduce - well, we are quite convinced after several tests that the issue is caused by the amount of many connected clients in connection to at least some initiated transactions. So we changed something in the handling there. Additionally we fixed another thing in the block(chain) classes and added more security features. Most important (maybe) if a chain async occurs again, the network should fully recover itself within a few seconds without any drawback. After that process all clients should be back in sync automatically. That is also good if you think of malicious network attacks. The clients can easier see if the network health is lower than normal. In later versions this could be used to prevent users from initiating transactions or to warn them. The maximal amount of connected clients will be limited as of 0.61 (that obviously does not apply to the official nodes and can be freely set in the options menu).

its not the truth. I think he is watching World Cup and drinking the beer.  Grin
well not much time unfortunately Wink But I watched some at least.

Boy Grin
yes, we are males.

[...]
It would be great atleast update first page with that link to sourceforge...
good idea - first post contains now a link to sourceforge and a notification that eXocoin has not already launched.
Also added the link to the wiki mainpage.

Devs should communicate lot more with the community or ask somebody to act as PR Person for this coin! Should they have solutions to the chain async problem today ? Or was that time-estimate again delayed
Absolutely agree. Pr should be done before launch. Many devs ( i dont talk about exocoin) dont understand, that good product is not enough.
As you do not talk about exocoin I don't have to justify ourselves here. Anyway I want to assure that we understand that a product itself is important but that the greatest program is nothing without proper marketing, communication and so on.
Problem is limited manpower and that priorization must apply somehow. Moreover, if you "get stones rolling" and more and more people get attracted but the product itself is not finished/buggy they can get quickly mad. If you loose a customer once he will most likely never come back. So what I try to say: We want to have a finished product first (in terms of stability and releaseability, not talking about marketplace and other on-top features). After a redesign of the website and a good working client on all major distros (windows, linux, osx) it is much easier and successfuller to advertise eXocoin. But you can have a different opinion - this is our point of view.

Current status of eXocoin in general:
As you can see in our bug tracker there are quite some points (and some are still open). With the 0.61 release we will have solved the major bugs and improved the client with some suggestions (if everything goes well).
OSX developement made huge progress as well. We might release the osx client with 0.61 or otherwise with 0.62.
From 0.61 ongoing we will host our download area content within sourceforge for better download performance and public viewable download statistic.

Timeline (oh well, our timelines hardly have been accurate in the past I must admit - maybe we can get better...) :
- coding 0.61 finished: on 30th June
- publishing changelog: on 30th June
- testing everything and fixing issues caused by 0.61: 1st July - 3rd July
- uploading everything, set up the network and so on: late 3rd July
- release of 0.61 immediatly thereafter (3rd - 4th July)

best regards
eXocoin

Thanks very much for the update, very good progress.
kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:05:08 AM

wow a lot of good things will happen on july, would probably my best month yet investmentwise. lets see.. Smiley
tobeaj2meraa

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:05:34 AM

When will this coin hit the exchange?
tobeaj2meraa

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:06:53 AM

wow a lot of good things will happen on july, would probably my best month yet investmentwise. lets see.. Smiley

What coins have you invested? I invested EXO only.
zhile11911

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:07:10 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 09:18:23 AM by zhile11911

update from bug system : http://sourceforge.net/u/exxoo/activity

"latest test (0.60) stopped on all nodes at block #1000 due to one wrong code line.
Already fixed."

great . it seems everything is ok .

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:13:45 AM

Good news. At least we can expect something this week.
c33b51

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:38:51 AM

is there any exchange website or somebody want to sell?
davidzhl

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:52:38 AM

Refueling ah, exocoin team.
loveyouforever

Activity: 269

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:55:51 AM

is there any exchange website or somebody want to sell?
I want to sell my 1.5BTC at 1st stage for 200BTC Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 307 »
  Print  

Jump to: