Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:19:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Private sale] osn.global decentralised scientific research network  (Read 149 times)
TeamOSN (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:35:51 PM

Hello World

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
juguelio

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:39:52 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 07:05:50 PM by juguelio

Welcome To Open Science Network
A decentralized network for the advancement of scientific research.

Telegram - Website - Medium - Twitter

Intro to OSN
As with many systems that have developed through adaptation over time, the way humanity currently manages scientific research has become outdated. Information is kept in silos where other researchers cannot use it, funding is competitive and filled with bias: as the problems get harder and more complex this system ceases to be effective. With science at the core of civilisation’s progress, the value of an accelerated rate of discovery cannot be overemphasised.

Why is this useful in science?If we think about the scientific research process, we can see that, like all other networks, is a set of interactions between participants.The governance model is where the community decides between its members how to organise the process and its incentives. These incentives lead actors to behave in a certain way, for better or worse. Many of the problems that we see in Science today, can be traced back to bad incentive structures. Accessibility for grants, failure to publish negative results, withheld information, centralised control of publications, and so on.All of these interactions can be reprogrammed. With well-defined network rules, we can change the way that we think and work around discovery and open the door for competing systems, that will ultimately help us find the best possible solution.
The Open Science Network (OSN) is a distributed research network using blockchain technology for an efficient, open and transparent transmission of information and value and a significant re-aligning of incentives. By applying this distributed technology and paradigm to science, we look to increase the quality and level of interactions between all actors in the scientific network and an evolution of the scientific research, funding, validation and publishing cycle.

At OSN, our goal is to create the tools that present and future researchers will use. For this, we are using a rapid prototyping principle approach, with work being done in TCR’s for funding and coordination of the research process. We aim to create prototype MVPs from conception to testing in three-month cycles.

“A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that worked. A complex system designed from scratch never works and cannot be patched up to make it work. You have to start over with a working simple system. — John Gall”

This is the reason why we’re going to be shipping many small products with self-contained incentive structures. It is these small and tested crypto ecosystems that will then be used to construct larger and more complex systems.
Transparency will be at the core of the network, following the egalitarian principles of this revolutionary approach to thinking about the internet. Our focus is decentralisation of control, and developing good governance models.
There’s a great talk by Balajis Srinivasan about how changes in network effect are made. You can focus on Voice or Exit. Voice means trying to change a system from within, and Exit is about exiting the existing status quo, and creating a new version. At OSN we’re choosing the latter.

Market Size

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
doctormogul

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 03:03:29 PM

Hello, my name is Ernesto Gallegos Ph.D. and I'm one of the Co-Founders of the Open Science Network Project. You can reach me anytime here or in Twitter/Telegram as @DoctorMogul.

Thanks in advance for the interest in our proposal Smiley
Nosequired

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:23:24 AM

This is exactly what we need.

" Information is kept in silos where other researchers cannot use it, funding is competitive and filled with bias: as the problems get harder and more complex this system ceases to be effective."

^This makes no sense in regards to the advancement of humanity as whole and instead research has become a platform for money making rather than the main focus being solely for our advancement. I see this appealing to many in the same way that cryptocurrency does in regards to being a decentralised currency.
Ryan786

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:20:16 AM

This is exactly what we need.

" Information is kept in silos where other researchers cannot use it, funding is competitive and filled with bias: as the problems get harder and more complex this system ceases to be effective."

^This makes no sense in regards to the advancement of humanity as whole and instead research has become a platform for money making rather than the main focus being solely for our advancement. I see this appealing to many in the same way that cryptocurrency does in regards to being a decentralised currency.

I second this. The incentives are not looking too bad at all either. Great idea and great presentation
VeteranH

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:22:15 AM

I like the transparency aspect. The time has longed gone that we should have adopted transparent research procedures like this. Unfortunately I'm not sure how far in  the future that would be since even our health and science platforms became money generating platforms.
TeamOSN (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:19:23 PM

I like the transparency aspect. The time has longed gone that we should have adopted transparent research procedures like this. Unfortunately I'm not sure how far in  the future that would be since even our health and science platforms became money generating platforms.

Theres a couple big companies that control almost everything in research and specially in publication. We can eliminate that, because altough they're big, the open science movement is picking up steam worldwide, we just want to provide the tools to empower the movement that's already happening.

In Medium.com/open-science-network theres a few articles on our prototypes. One of them for example, would track and coordinate the process of the research, so when the time of publication comes, we know IF they have data, how was it analized, what were the processes, etc.
TeamOSN (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:36:40 PM

Theres a couple big companies that control almost everything in research and specially in publication. We can eliminate that, because altough they're big, the open science movement is picking up steam worldwide, we just want to provide the tools to empower the movement that's already happening.

In Medium.com/open-science-network theres a few articles on our prototypes. One of them for example, would track and coordinate the process of the research, so when the time of publication comes, we know IF they have data, how was it analized, what were the processes, etc.
mdpsoft

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:33:53 PM

Hi Mariano Here!, Product Lead

we welcome any question that you have regarding the project! our vision is to make science reachable for people, and not something that is discussed only at universities, labs, conferences, or "closed" environments, in this way we envision an ecosystem that is able to multiply the output of investigations while provinding transparency.
galaq

Activity: 170
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:38:58 PM

it seems that with the long term this project will be going well with his team just live will prepare the plan well and correctly
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: