Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:12:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovery of my account zefirka  (Read 314 times)
zefirk (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:16:24 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2018, 02:49:44 PM by zefirk

Hello, my account was hacked.

I got a  message "Your Bitcoin Forum (bitcointalk.org) password was just changed by IP address 31.******.51. If you did not do this, then you should use the forgotten password feature to change your password."

and

"Your Bitcoin Forum ([Suspicious link removed] to ira****@gmail.com by IP address 31.******51. If you did not do this, then you can visit the following link within 14 days in order to lock the account.

I lock my account .
Can you help me?

my old account https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=97208

i dont have btc adress in my profile, only eth adress  Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 03:37:32 PM

Most probably there is no way to recover your hacked account OP if you haven't staked a unedited bitcoin address somewhere in the forum and if you didn't sign with the address. Try to PM Cyrus explaining your issue, but it won't be accepted unless you have a signed message  Undecided

Here is the steps to regain your hacked account : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

But most probably it won't be helpful to you. Try contacting hilariousandco regarding this.
If nothing helps, let any DT add a negative trust to that account stating that it is a hacked one, so that the hacker won't be using it for scams and bounties.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:54:50 PM

Really sorry to hear this. I am afraid your are out of options unfortunately. Here is an example even though this person signed a BTC address.
Account hacked [signed message]

This is really unacceptable. The forum admin should do something about it. Anyone's account can get hacked or they can losE password. The solution can not be losing the entire account for good.

This my feel bad for the admin but the admin is failing on these kind of simple issues, Legit members are losing their accounts. I care about bitcoinTalk and I feel BitcoinTalk really needs some evaluation. How long we will be seeing people are feeling disappointed like this?

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
VeryFunnny

Activity: 120
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:21:36 PM

Really sorry to hear this. I am afraid your are out of options unfortunately. Here is an example even though this person signed a BTC address.
Account hacked [signed message]

This is really unacceptable. The forum admin should do something about it. Anyone's account can get hacked or they can losE password. The solution can not be losing the entire account for good.

This my feel bad for the admin but the admin is failing on these kind of simple issues, Legit members are losing their accounts. I care about bitcoinTalk and I feel BitcoinTalk really needs some evaluation. How long we will be seeing people are feeling disappointed like this?
Yes . Recovering lost/hacked account on Bitcointalk take too long time , its cannot make any good feelings. Im use that forum since 14 year. Its like a home for cryptocommunity and for me too. But situation with recovering and no any reaction on one of the main problem from administration side cannot make any good feelings. Im wait since 14 April any help from Cyrus or theymos side. Request form was sent to both with signed message and links to posts, like in theymos instruction, other community member already verify my sign message / Bitcoin address associated with my main (lost on that moment) Legendary account , but no any answer. Lets wait. Hope theymos or Cyrus can find few minutes for help.
zefirk (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:44:44 AM

I did not have a btc address in my profile
jankeman

Activity: 317
Merit: 13

★Adconity.com★

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 08:23:08 PM

Well, did you by any chance post your bitcoin address somewhere in the forum? If you did, and if you have access to it, then sign a message on your wallet and write that you have had your account hacked. Once it's been verified by a trusted member or a mod, then pm Cyrus. You should expect to wait at least 6 months to get your account recovered. But most likely won't happen as this is not a priority amongst the admins here. You may wait longer, or may not even get it resolved at all. Try PM:ing hilariousandco, he has helped people recover accounts before.
Wish you good luck recovering your account
zefirk (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:31:59 AM

Well, did you by any chance post your bitcoin address somewhere in the forum?

No  Sad
zefirk (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:28:02 AM

help pls, 2 months.............
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:23:49 AM

If you can't prove ownership, there is no need to bump this thread.
Also, you would have to prove the profile address has age to it.

We don't actually accept the profile field address unless there's some sort of proof that it's remained unchanged, for that very reason.

I'm working on a new address-staking system which will automatically handle signatures, etc. Might have it ready by the end of the month if nothing else comes up to consume my time.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
zefirk (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:52:58 PM

recovery pls
zefirk (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:42:58 AM