Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:43:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should TigerDirect remove Butterfly Labs form their company?
Yes! the company will go down the drain! - 73 (78.5%)
No! BTC will benefit from it! - 20 (21.5%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} TigerDirect is making a BIG MISTAKE partnering up with Butterfly Labs!  (Read 5809 times)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:50:07 AM

BFL aside, I think this is pretty excellent.  Overstock and TigerDirect taking Bitcoin?  We've been waiting for events like this. 

Very true and I hear your point but come on why have butterfly Labs a partner.

Voted for the least reliable ASIC company to buy from.

BUTTERFLY LABs - 284 (75.9%)

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:58:51 AM

This will be great to watch.

Coming soon means one of two things:

65nm product coming at inflated prices

or

Monarchs coming in April.

Either way TD will have to deal with all the customer service issues, especially non delivery
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:08:35 AM

Either way TD will have to deal with all the customer service issues, especially non delivery

Why would TD have to deal with BFL's non-delivery issues? TD is not taking over the entire business. They are re-selling BFL machines.
maxman190

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:43:26 AM

Thing is, if TD does start selling BFL products, they would have to take the refund/return policy off of them and just only allow for warranty repairs. Imagine this, a customer buys 100 monarchs and returns it after 29 days, then they will have mined at 600TH/s for 29 days worth of BTC FOR FREE! Then, after they return it, they just buy 100 again and rinse and repeat.

Edit: Lol, I just checked out the mining profit estimator, 600TH/s breaks even after 2 days and then makes 3 million in one month LOL.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:54:29 AM

Thing is, if TD does start selling BFL products, they would have to take the refund/return policy off of them and just only allow for warranty repairs. Imagine this, a customer buys 100 monarchs and returns it after 29 days, then they will have mined at 600TH/s for 29 days worth of BTC FOR FREE! Then, after they return it, they just buy 100 again and rinse and repeat.

Edit: Lol, I just checked out the mining profit estimator, 600TH/s breaks even after 2 days and then makes 3 million in one month LOL.

interesting Smiley

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
Cheshyr

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:55:35 AM

BFL aside, I think this is pretty excellent.  Overstock and TigerDirect taking Bitcoin?  We've been waiting for events like this. 

Because, despite the results of the forum poll, they are still the most recognizable, approachable ASIC producing company in the business.  Cointerra may be able to steal that crown, but none of the other companies look corporate enough.

Sorry, the BFL bashing is a bit of a dead horse for me.  I'm trying to focus on making positive progress forward, and this is progress.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:58:09 AM

You just gonna bring home 100 monarchs and plug them in down in mom's basement??  You just gonna walk back into the same store and they will graciously allow you to re-order it up again? You don't think they will charge a restocking fee?  You don't think what you described is fraud and that TD will just allow it to go happen even once let alone rinse and repeat...

Ya sure great plan bro, where can I sign up?

Upon further reflection it would actually be cheaper for TD to just give you the 100 Monarchs for free.  This way they don't have to handle all the paper work for debits and credits and logistics of physical product every 29 days (which actually has a cost to TD associated to it believe it or not).  I strongly suggest you head to your local TD and demand 100 monarchs for free and please be so kind as to let us know how you make out as I would also like 100 free monarchs ASAP...
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:29:12 AM

Because, despite the results of the forum poll, they are still the most recognizable, approachable ASIC producing company in the business.  Cointerra may be able to steal that crown, but none of the other companies look corporate enough.

Sorry, the BFL bashing is a bit of a dead horse for me.  I'm trying to focus on making positive progress forward, and this is progress.

aw i see your point but it sound like you never bought anything from BFL and thats gooooood for you but BFL/josh owes everyone (BFL customers) for not delivering on time but good for you bro Smiley

Cheshyr

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:32:35 AM

aw i see your point but it sound like you never bought anything from BFL and thats gooooood for you but BFL/josh owes everyone (BFL customers) for not delivering on time but good for you bro Smiley
I've got a little 5GHs box on my desk right now, putting up 8GHs.  I didn't get screwed like the big spenders, but I definitely won't ROI with how late it arrived.  While I'm fairly good at holding a grudge, the BFL hate on the forums has more than expressed my irritation for me, so I've moved on to more constructive things.  :-)  I am going to laugh the day they deliver on time, and everyone dies of shock.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:34:29 AM

I've got a little 5GHs box on my desk right now, putting up 8GHs.  I didn't get screwed like the big spenders, but I definitely won't ROI with how late it arrived.  While I'm fairly good at holding a grudge, the BFL hate on the forums has more than expressed my irritation for me, so I've moved on to more constructive things.  :-)  I am going to laugh the day they deliver on time, and everyone dies of shock.

Didn't they advertise December shipment for monarchs?
maxman190

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:35:40 AM

You just gonna bring home 100 monarchs and plug them in down in mom's basement??  You just gonna walk back into the same store and they will graciously allow you to re-order it up again? You don't think they will charge a restocking fee?  You don't think what you described is fraud and that TD will just allow it to go happen even once let alone rinse and repeat...

Ya sure great plan bro, where can I sign up?

Upon further reflection it would actually be cheaper for TD to just give you the 100 Monarchs for free.  This way they don't have to handle all the paper work for debits and credits and logistics of physical product every 29 days (which actually has a cost to TD associated to it believe it or not).  I strongly suggest you head to your local TD and demand 100 monarchs for free and please be so kind as to let us know how you make out as I would also like 100 free monarchs ASAP...
You sound very angry, I said "imagine." Who said it had to be 100? Start out with 5. And the whole POINT of my post was to say that TD will likely mark the monarch as non-refundable or that scenario will likely happen.

Local TD...? Never even knew there was a local TD... Is there a local NewEgg and local Amazon too? It's like you're implying there's a local TD everywhere like a Home Depot.
Cheshyr

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:26:38 AM

I remember when Newegg was a brick and mortar.  That was a long time ago.  Either way, I would expect all Bitcoin retail products will be labeled as NCNR, given the fraud history of the community.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:32:06 AM

I emailed TigerDirect customer support the links to all of the customer support threads on this forum that I could find with a brief description. Josh, if you're watching this thread I want you to know you got some post deleting to do. LOL

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:46:09 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 12:48:53 PM by Bicknellski

I've got a little 5GHs box on my desk right now, putting up 8GHs.  I didn't get screwed like the big spenders, but I definitely won't ROI with how late it arrived.  While I'm fairly good at holding a grudge, the BFL hate on the forums has more than expressed my irritation for me, so I've moved on to more constructive things.  :-)  I am going to laugh the day they deliver on time, and everyone dies of shock.

Didn't they advertise December shipment for monarchs?

October first estimate October/November revised estimate. December/January second revised estimate and now that January is done so expect a February / March estimate next.

Four months late? Guessing they will need a new product for the community to make a claim for delivery on, clearly the Monarch has failed to meet their original estimated timeline and has beed revised 2x since that and still no packaged chips. Dream on they will have to admit a 3rd revision and then won't even meet that. This company will never provide realistic timelines they want people to buy based on phony "estimates" and ship 4 to 6 months or more later to cover the fact their prices make their products way over priced compared to more powerful units. They are losing market share faster than they can make up timeline estimates and vapourware.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:57:51 AM

awesome tiger direct is giving away free monarchs .
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:59:55 AM

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:59:56 AM

awesome tiger direct is giving away free monarchs .

free in the sense they never arrive!!!!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
btcnoodle

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:40:19 PM

There's a rumor that Tiger is in the process of acquiring BFL. This would be huge if true. I'm not going to reply any further on this subject.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:49:33 PM

There's a rumor that Tiger is in the process of acquiring BFL. This would be huge if true. I'm not going to reply any further on this subject.

LOL.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:51:07 PM

er re-read the above link you ment BTC right that they are doing

they would be nuts to 'aquire BFL" a simple google of BFL would warn anyone away from that!

as to BTC and selling of BFL stuff that is true here is the link:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/bitcoin/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hacker-news-feed-50+%28Hacker+News+50%29

scroll down the bottom of the page on the right

it is likely the 65mm stuff that will never ROI from last year only

yep BFL get out their and cull the herd of them Noobs ....move along little doggies ....watch out for them pens with the cutting knives

sigh

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: