Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:58:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunting - work or a hobby?  (Read 1747 times)
Gelesko

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:48:59 PM

In my country I don't need to pay taxes on cryptocurrency, as long as I don't withdraw more then a curtain amount from my card, which my wallet is attached to. For me bounty hunting is sometimes a hobby and sometimes a work, it depends on my mood and how motivated I am. Right now I am really motivated and it is a hobby for me, I spend 2/3 hours doing my campaigns. Sometimes I really get fed up, when I don't get paid and there are lot's of scums these days, but at the end of the day I am the one who choose them and there is no one to blame apart from myself. I like what I do and yes it is a hobby for me

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sammyj

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:49:19 PM

i do not see bounty as an hobby, its a  full time job for some people. it is not an easy task to start with. bounty is very stressful just like our daily jobs we do and earn from iy. the only difference is  you do bounty from the comfort of your home
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:51:19 PM

I earned quite a deal with joining bounties but for now I havent reach the point to quit my full time job and fully switch to it. As you say, the chance of getting rewarded is not yet 100%. Until such time that joining bounty would provide sure payment maybe i'll look at it as hobby and not a fulltime job.
mitrajkt

Activity: 508

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:05:27 PM

I think bounty hunting is a job because I need enough time to do the terms and tasks to be done from the gift, though as a side job to increase the family's living needs, and to me about taxable income is not a problem for me because the government also needs income for the progress of his country as well.
franklin hoses

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:09:10 PM

For me at the moment this is not a hobby but most likely a full-fledged work. I really spend a lot of time on bounty campaigns. Smiley
crypto_lisbao

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:10:08 PM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

For me it's just a hobby.
I just joined Welltrado bounty campaign.
Really glad with what they are offering.
Mercedes

Activity: 356
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:12:08 PM

To me, bounty is not just a hobby, it is also a job, online work and a business. Once you work for a project and have the same payment or salary, it is thought to be a job that works every day to work in an office or a company and wait for the time to pay.
mark1220

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:16:48 PM

For me i treat this as my work  because you will get paid after an ico ends but sometimes there are so many ico is scam so i will choose a legit ico so that my time i spend in here is profitable.
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:19:39 PM

I have this is my primary job, and this job helps me earn more money than the current situation. I usually spend all my free time for bounty hunter work. I use all the money I make from bounty for Altcoin investments.

rlazdin0

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:26:15 PM

it as a work,a sideline part time work that receives income when the work is done. Grin
mix max

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:34:01 PM

I consider it as work, on a part-time job. Because my main focus is the money that will be obtained from it. If only a hobby then it will not be a problem if not paid. I can not be like that. I can earn extra income by joining bounty program. In my country there are no rules about cryptocurrency and taxes against cryptocurrency.
Wiliam heil

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:37:15 PM

Why would it be a hobby? you are earning money by just doing the bounty tasks that the team provides to you, you are creating a lot of extra exposure for the project, so more people will invest
Jazvebtc18

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:40:13 PM

In my own opinion, bounty hunting is just a hobby for me as of now. I can't consider this as a work because it can't give me enough money to sustain my daily needs.  It is not my first priority.  This is just like playing my fon everytime I post something to it. I can't consider this as a job because it is not legal here in our country nor illegal.
Lakash

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:45:12 PM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

i am considering bounty hunting a hobby. i don’t consider it as a work. a hobby because i am having a fun time visiting the bitcointalk site. reading interesting topics about cryptocurrency is fun and educational.
wizzydizzycrypto

Activity: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:50:36 PM

Really depends on your situation, I personally think it's a way to get involved into a project without investing, but I do sometimes enjoy doing bounties (usually content creating). But I can understand that if you are just sharing posts, must get tiresome.

If you are you are looking for a new interesting bounty, Unitalent seems like a great one, they are a Swiss based blockchain high skilled freelancing platform (think of Fiver with people who are highly skilled professionals. Link is below and I hope this helps!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3944118
condura150

Activity: 244

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:12:06 PM

I think that for some people and also for me we see Bounty Hunting as a job, we earn money through doing bounty campaigns. We bounty hunt and participate in bounty campaigns to earn money for our daily needs, like me for example I use tokens or money I earn from bounty campaigns to be able to pay for my needs like electricity, water, and other neccesities, that's why I see bounty hunting as a job.
cryptobucs

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:17:23 PM

For me its a kind of work not a hobby. But i really do enjoying  reading and posting comments. Im learning a lot about cryptocurency here. Actually i consider this as my second job. Smiley
trimulia

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 03:22:51 PM

for me doing bounty campaign is like a work different with hobby that always fun,sometimes doing bounty is boring but very helpful

the13thsymphony

Activity: 297
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:50:27 PM

It depends in the perspective of the individual there people who would treat it as their work while other as a hobby. For me it is a hobby and a lifestyle, doing bounty already is a part of my everyday activity and I feel like I am missing something if I do not do it. I think thinking of it as a hobby relieves more stress specially if it turns out that the ICO are not good because you are not expecting much unlike if you treat it as work.

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/
leetcoiner

Activity: 1056
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:52:00 PM

I agree. Some bounties are very boring. But this is much better than doing heavy physical work or washing dishes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: