Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:44:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't buy a Terraminer - is this article accurate?  (Read 2150 times)
Doshbot (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:49:26 AM

Hi,

I'm curious about this article: https://medium.com/p/dba373d905d3

Does he know what he's talking about? I have a feeling he may have made a wrong assumption somewhere, but don't know enough to figure it out.

Thanks
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:01:08 AM

Of course he's right. Mining manufacturers are trying to sell you something so they make a profit and you are just collateral damage. Why would you believe their figures?
Doshbot (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:53:02 AM

I was looking at the figures of the bitcoin calculators using the hashing figures given the by the manufacturers.  Of course, I wasn't going to go and buy one before asking people in the know about these things though, hence my post here Smiley

Thanks.  I think I'll stick to Litecoin mining.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:29:36 PM

I was looking at the figures of the bitcoin calculators using the hashing figures given the by the manufacturers.  Of course, I wasn't going to go and buy one before asking people in the know about these things though, hence my post here Smiley

Good decision Smiley
ujka

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:10:13 PM

Yes, good decision.
Seen cointerra webshop? What they are selling are pre-orders, right now for May.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:22:09 PM

May ... that's so funny. It's like planning for a different universe.
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:57:40 PM

The article is based on information gathered by http://minr.info/
Actually, minr.info is not the "fountain of wisdom", it is heavily rely on the input provided by users here : https://minr.uservoice.com/
Myself I proposed last year to minr.info to take in consideration Black Arrow and Ant Miner and I asked about VMC and XCrowd
The site is not up to date, the old KNC Saturn it is still listed.... Cheesy
So if you can afford, just buy your Cointerra Terraminer.
Or even better, buy BTC.

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:50:07 PM

Mining manufacturers are trying to sell you something so they make a profit and you are just collateral damage.

Agree. Smiley
If you have faith in bitcoin, just buy bitcoin directly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: