Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:12:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!!  (Read 176875 times)
opet (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:38:59 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 03:49:06 AM by opet

Broken BTC withdrawals from Gox are piling up bigtime as we speak.  There are nearly 200 broken transactions -- totaling almost 4000 BTC -- and some have been waiting more than four days!!  Most are stuck due to outpoints already spent.  Data is here: http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php

And yes, 25% of my own BTC are currently stuck (26 hours and counting).

There has been zero official acknowledgment of the issue, and they're not even responding to support tickets related to this situation.  The only contact anyone has made with them is with their IRC consultants who don't know a damn thing.  The IRC support stated that they think "it is being caused by a bug or attack of some sort," but they haven't provided any additional information at all.

This is getting serious... VERY serious.  

UPDATE 1:  (1400 EST, 26 JAN 2014)  This situation is reaching EPIC proportions.  Current broken TX status: More than 400 broken TX totalling nearly 10,000 BTC!!  With skanner.net being broken, as well, you can track the current broken TX situation here: http://thegoxreport.com/

UPDATE 2:  (2230 EST, 28 JAN 2014)  Current broken TX status: 1654 broken TX!!!

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:07:55 AM

Broken BTC withdrawals from Gox are piling up bigtime as we speak.  There are nearly 200 broken transactions -- totaling almost 4000 BTC -- and some have been waiting more than four days!!  Most are stuck due to outpoints already spent.  Data is here: http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php

And yes, 25% of my own BTC are currently stuck (26 hours and counting).

There has been zero official acknowledgment of the issue, and they're not even responding to support tickets related to this situation.  The only contact anyone has made with them is with their IRC consultants who don't know a damn thing.  The IRC support stated that they think "it is being caused by a bug or attack of some sort," but they haven't provided any additional information at all.

This is getting serious... VERY serious.  

Ouch.  I just had a terrible experience with virwox...hope you all get your btc in an expedient manner! One of the few pitfalls of no regulation in the bitcoin trading market. Sad
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:08:14 AM

Simple: Don't use Gox.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

opet (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:50:12 AM

gee, you must be really fun at parties.   Roll Eyes
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:17:47 AM

Dont drink the punch, It might be pee xD
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

I know the truth hurts for you. But some of you need to hear it.  Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:26:54 PM

just got my BTC withdraw instantly, had this before you just have to wait

btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:51:53 PM

Mine has been 72 hours now. Still waiting.
U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:08:19 PM

Wow, You should open up a support ticket, Thats too long.
opet (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:11:16 PM

It's getting out of hand.  Some are actually on day 6 waiting for their resend!  

My small one actually got pushed through after 55 hours; however, I still have 75% of my coins there, and I'm afraid to even try pulling them off.  

This situation is reaching EPIC proportions.  Current broken TX status:  More than 400 broken TX totalling nearly 10,000 BTC!!

With skanner.net being broken, as well, you can track the current broken TX situation here: http://thegoxreport.com/

I'm completely freaked out at this point...  Sad
banaltcoin

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:15:06 PM

mtgox btc withdraw always smooth, never have a problem
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:19:48 PM

I know the truth hurts for you. But some of you need to hear it.  Smiley

They have been hearing the warnings for SIX months!

The market is now pricing in a 20% chance that customers of MtGox will get 0% of their money back.

U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:24:10 PM

My small one actually got pushed through after 55 hours; however, I still have 75% of my coins there, and I'm afraid to even try pulling them off.  

This situation is reaching EPIC proportions.  Current broken TX status:  More than 400 broken TX totalling nearly 10,000 BTC!!

With skanner.net being broken, as well, you can track the current broken TX situation here: http://thegoxreport.com/

As I said, Make a support ticket, These assholes are probably going to scam now.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 07:41:22 PM

It's clear that Mt. Gox is near collapse. No USD withdrawals for eight months, delayed EUR withdrawals, delay on JPY withdrawals, delay on BTC withdrawals, and a 22% spread against other markets. How many red flags do you need?

This isn't a "support ticket" issue. This is a "send lawyers, guns, and money" issue. Anybody with money stuck in Mt. Gox should be talking to a lawyer, the Japan Financial Services Agency, the US SEC (yes, they have jurisdiction because Mt. Gox registered with FinCen, sells to US persons, and has an office in Delaware), and suing in the Delaware Justice of the Peace court, the Delaware Chancery Court, or in Japan.

It's important that some victim make this problem known to law enforcement in Japan. That will keep the principals of Mt. Gox from fleeing the country.
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:56:03 PM

Whilst I understood the fiat problems, I never had a problem with BTC withdrawals before now. It's not necessarily the problem, but the fact that Mtgox are so quiet about it that is worrying. I know it's weekend. I guess nobody works on a weekend, right?
night man

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:00:40 PM

Yeah this doesn't seem great

Drew 10BTC this afternoon, all went smoothly; tried to draw another 10 a couple hours later and I've yet to see any action in my client window though it's gone from my Gox balance allegedly

Found my receiving address on that Gox Report list. Hope it's really just backlog or a glitch or something rather than them pulling a fast one. I was using Gox all last year to draw yen and never had an issue with them, so this is all really disappointing
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 09:33:01 PM

As I posted in another topic:

It's clear that Mt. Gox is near collapse. No USD withdrawals for eight months, delayed EUR withdrawals, delay on JPY withdrawals, delay on BTC withdrawals, and a 22% spread against other markets. How many red flags do you need?

This isn't a "support ticket" issue. This is a "send lawyers, guns, and money" issue. Anybody with money stuck in Mt. Gox should be talking to a lawyer, the Japan Financial Services Agency, the US SEC (yes, they have jurisdiction because Mt. Gox registered with FinCen, sells to US persons, and has an office in Delaware), and suing in the Delaware Justice of the Peace court, the Delaware Chancery Court, or in Japan.

It's important that some victim make this problem known to law enforcement in Japan. That will keep the principals of Mt. Gox from fleeing the country.

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:55:45 PM

You have more coin there and you're afraid to try and pull it out? It seems as if that would be 100% guaranteed loss? I'm not sure why you would try and test it. I just received my BTC withdrawal after 5 days of waiting, so it seems as if something is moving through but it is VERY backed up.

It feels to me as if it's a sooner than later situation since it looks to be getting worse by the day. Very scary.
Netprofits

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:45:14 PM

Update:  478 total trx affected and 11,178 BTC and growing.
opet (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:06:32 AM

As I said, Make a support ticket, These assholes are probably going to scam now.
Support tickets there are being ignored for weeks.  My ticket was ignored for days until I made a lot of noise in IRC, then had MagicalTux personally resend my tx just to shut me up... lol.

Others, though? not so lucky.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: