Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:26:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie miner : Please can anyone help with avalon 200ghs mining machine ??  (Read 605 times)
andi1 (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:29:01 PM

Hi guys would have put this in the hardware section but im a newbie so cant post .

Just took delivery today of an avalon mining machine from china it looks like theyve sent me a used machine (not impressed) but thought id boot it up sand give it a run.

Connected it to my pc, entered ip address (label on side of machine with ip addres)

I filled out the pool details slushes and my wallet in slushes pool etc.

Unit powers up fan starts fast then settles down etc.

Everything seemed up just it wouldn't mine i noticed it had someone elses pool and network settings in there so it had obviously been used before and i was getting the following error :-

it was something like the below

luci-56acbaa
cgminer_openwrt-packages-d9bac89
socket connect failed: connection refused

tried rebooting it and and it was same i thought it may be because the other users (in china assume) had his network settings so i thought if it could get the machine back to factory default somehow that would help me.

so i found a part where you can back up your settings and configuration (i saved it first ) then i pressed reset, it then displayed a screen saying (system erasing) the system is erasing the configuration partition now and will reboot itself when finished)

Well its been like that for 1 hr now  time just going round,  ive opened and another browser and tried the ip address again and nothing comes up so i think this is some knid of master reset ive done??  ive tried the ip address 192.168.1.100 and a blank screen comes up with a box at the top so im  wondering if this is the machine in its empty state or something?

I have obviously saved the back up before i reset it but i dont know what to do now.   have i goosed the machine?

Im pretty m,ad that the supplier sent me a used machine in the first p[lace with al his old network settings on etc ,  but now im really in it deep as i dont know what to do next with it.

Help ?

To make matters worse after a search ive found others reporting that error i was getting and it could have been a simple router / network issue. Sad

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andi1 (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:38:49 PM

images of the back up files i saved and the screen thats still wiring round now 1.30 mins so far

nuffsaid420

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:08:16 AM

So I recently figured this out. After you set your cgminer configuration setting, you have to goto  System -> Startup and stop and start cgminer, you should see some info in the API settings after that. I haven't gotten any further than that so far.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: