Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:49:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Real Reason Behind Bitcoin’s Price Crash.  (Read 283 times)
johnokeefe09 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:42:46 PM

In United States, bitcoin investors are selling off their holdings in order to pay their capital gain tax. And it generated a huge of of btc. Besides demand has not be increased on that level. Thus supply increased a lot and not demand as well. And this situation is mainly responsible for the going on market crash.Do you agree with the reason? What is your thinking that how long it would take to recover the market condition. I have got the news from a renowned website. As a newbie, I am not sharing the link here. Do you want the reference?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:55:54 PM

It is not the first time when the price of bitcoin fell.  In last year the price touched @20k but later touched very low levels.  The prices were recovering and on one  occasion it crossed $10k but again the price started falling.  The reason given by you that people in USA are selling to pay capital gains tax and so the price falling may be a reason but only one reason can never be effective in up or down of the prices. 
There are so many reasons.  Major role being played by speculators and big rich traders.   Small traders can not cause a dent on the trends.
Larger players always have an unfair advantage over the retail traders as they have the money and the resources to manipulate prices. Many crypto investors have been complaining against the manipulation in the markets, which hurts small investors.
So just be watchful; careful; gain knowledge and experience; put the part of money in t he market which if lost you don't see as everything gone.  Also it is true that we have to take risk if we wish to earn.
godfredmanu

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:59:54 PM

Yes you must share your reference. I disagree that the only reason for bitcoins price crash is because of USA investors are selling bitcoins to pay capital gains tax . Last week , people claimed MT gox wallet been sold off is the cause and today USA investors . I think there is more to its than a single reason for bitcoin price crash.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
lyla rose

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 11:48:30 PM

Even few months ago the price of bitcoin falls down. to great extent and it started rising up. Right now, it's falling again and it'll rise up again. So, i don't think there's specific reasons behind this. I hope the price will recover very soon.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:30:48 AM

Former PayPal CEO says bitcoin is the ‘greatest scam in history’

THE former chief executive of PayPal has slammed bitcoin as the “greatest scam in history” and a “colossal pump-and-dump scheme”.Writing for technology website Recode, Bill Harris said he was tired of describing the cryptocurrency as “speculative”, “gambling” or even a “bubble”. “Okay, I’ll say it: bitcoin is a scam,” he said. “In a pump-and-dump game, promoters ‘pump’ up the price of a security creating a speculative frenzy, then ‘dump’ some of their holdings at artificially high prices. And some cryptocurrencies are pure frauds. Ernst & Young estimates that 10 per cent of the money raised for initial coin offerings [ICOs] has been stolen.”

http://www.news.com.au/finance
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:19:30 AM

Your mentioned reason of USA people sell Bitcoin to pay tax may be one of the reason and there might be many reasons behind the drop of Bitcoin price. I cannot say anything about that without any substantial data to support but I think the price trend now is not a problem for Bitcoin and it will rise again in coming days because crypto market is always volatile.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:41:08 AM

Do you agree with the reason?
no because this news belongs to months ago which was the deadline for tax payers to pay their taxes and that was just a speculation that this might happen and price had a little drop by that time and recovered right after.

What is your thinking that how long it would take to recover the market condition.
as soon as the manipulation stops and the whales run out of bitcoin to dump and decided now is the time to buy back what they have been selling.

I have got the news from a renowned website. As a newbie, I am not sharing the link here. Do you want the reference?
no, thank you! websites that you find this kind of stuff on are full of shit all the time. don't waste your time on them...

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
croptodic

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:54:25 AM

Price fluctuation is a common thing for crypto market. But in recent time’s crypto’s price fall down rapidly. I think its occurring because some countries are banned crypto for access. It decreases the crypto’s demand and reason behind price falling.
ffastrackr

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:17:07 AM

What goes up must come down! That is how markets work.We are in the coiling down phase to the floor, probably around 4-5 k, and then consolidation till 2019....bulshi again by 2020. Untill then take a looong holiday as the bear market is here to stay.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:31:17 AM

Maybe that's the other reason why the bitcoim decreasing price. But they have chance also why the price decreasing is because of the panic seller of the bitcoin or the bad news about bitcoin. There's a lot of other reason why bitcoin down but I hope next month everything will be okay and the price will become stable or it will increasing again the price like what bitcoin reached last year.
monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:26:01 AM

Price fluctuation is a common thing for crypto market. But in recent time’s crypto’s price fall down rapidly. I think its occurring because some countries are banned crypto for access. It decreases the crypto’s demand and reason behind price falling.
I think already some countries are regulating the cryptocurrency but still it was raise in the market. So recent dump is unexpectedly comes in the market and this will not permanent dump again it will raise in the market. Know we must hold for two more months automatically all the coins are going to moon.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:55:49 AM

if this was true then price of every asset should have fallen each time Americans wanted to pay their taxes! so how do you explain no fall in other markets? and more importantly why are they only selling their bitcoins to pay their taxes and not their golds, stocks, bonds, real estate, .... I'll tell you why because nobody liquidates their investment to pay taxes. specially assets that are full of potential.

Only Bitcoin
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:05:59 AM

It's already influential and of course which's clear is not only that which influences it, there are still many out there that can make it down/crash, and not just in one country only. I think these times are like being in a sad position that will end in the long run, the layman will surely surrender.

jasydoggye

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:36:46 AM

I am really not sure whether your information is true or not because every day new new topic of price falling is coming. So I really dont know whom to trust. I have just take it as a natural rule of crytpo world because price will not be always high.
Piranha1

Activity: 132

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:36:54 AM

In United States, bitcoin investors are selling off their holdings in order to pay their capital gain tax. And it generated a huge of of btc. Besides demand has not be increased on that level. Thus supply increased a lot and not demand as well. And this situation is mainly responsible for the going on market crash.Do you agree with the reason? What is your thinking that how long it would take to recover the market condition. I have got the news from a renowned website. As a newbie, I am not sharing the link here. Do you want the reference?
It would help if you share the link here for reference in order for others to believe in you. But you are right, bitcoin's price is market driven. The law of supply and demand is applicable in this area. If the supply is high and no demand then the price will go low.
Jacques_Bittard

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:29:08 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2018, 02:27:15 PM by Jacques_Bittard

In my opinion, the biggest monkey on BTC back is PoW mining and in the end, it will probably also cause it's demise.
Bitcoin mining sector took in 7billion$ miners revenue. That sum will be taken out of the market system and paid by the people who invest with hopes to sell with a higher price. Now, when there will be less new investments then 7billion$ , then the only place to take this money, will be out of coin value. When the miners are no longer able to get ROI, then they will probably start to accumulate and to take on loans to keep their investments running, with the hope of seeing ROI again in the future.
This last part will make things especially fragile and unpredictable. When those mining companies will be no longer able to sustain themselves, then they can't just turn off equipment and live happily. Large facilities have been purchased, workers employed, equipment bought and creditors befriended. In this scale production, your initial business plan either works or you go bankrupt, as simple as that. If you build a factory and you won't get enough demand to continue production, then there is no pausing your production and continuing in better times. The cost of pausing would just be too high for the risk be worth it. Your creditors will want to pull out, and bankruptcy is the only outcome. And if those bitcoin mining companies will go bankrupt, then their accumulated coin, that expected better times, will be dumped on the markets and the equipment will be auctioned off cheap. This will probably cause the final avalanche, that bitcoin won't be able to survive.

Hardcore bitcoin fanatics will defend PoW by trying to compare it to the costs of banking. You can only try to compare those two if you are trying to deceive others or you are totally ignorant on the subject of finance. These two are as similar and different as a paper plane and a F-22 Jet Fighter. What PoW should be compared to, is PoS or newer hybrid systems. It should be compared how much does PoW cost more then those systems, and is there justification with network security for this much higher costs. To ignore this subject is to ignore the most important part of crypto and this is it's efficiency. People ignore it because Bitcoin has switched from being a financial tech project into a religious group. They take Satoshi's white-paper as the holy word of god and they are caught in it's dogmas. Technological progress has switched with religious fanaticism from people who don't care about the tech part or if bitcoin could be actually used as a practical and efficient tool of finance.

:
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:42:50 PM

Well the story about Bitcoin tanking due to US capital gain tax was written here in several theads weeks ago if I'm right.
I don't think this is the reason.
Why do people always look for a specific event or reason what made the price decline??
Why not just accept the fact that in the actual market situation the pressure from the sell side is bigger than from the buy side, which is defined as a bear market.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:36:40 PM

You must have forgot to include the MtGox dude inexperienced sell off as well to your reasons why the crash came about.

Nevertheless, bitcoin was actually due for it anyway after the last year craziness that was brought about by FOMO and greed but I believe that very soon, bitcoin will actually end up recovering and start taking new turns to the upper side, but when is not what we can actually state or the level at which it is going to go down lower but all you have said, all together added up in a way.
PG13

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:28:51 PM

OP said that the caused of downfall are those people from USA selling their bitcoin to pay their gain tax. But that reason is just a small amount of the total dumps. Maybe the real reason are those whales that riding the issues they dumps his funds to create panic and buyback later when the price is cheaper enough to get his profits.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
rogerjordan07

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:05:13 PM

You are partially correct. But that is not the whole reason behind the price dropping. The cryptocurrency market is always fluctuating and it is always unpredictable. There is no single cause behind the prices dropping.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: