Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:30:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ETH transaction is cheap and fast  (Read 468 times)
rosstiller (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

Hello,
I want to know why Ethereum transaction is much cheaper and faster than bitcoin ?
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
N-gen

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:10:21 PM

I think it's because there's a significant difference between the two, they have different systems and advantages, they have very different blocks maybe that's affecting, but that's just my speculation, I do not understand why they are so different
fernandoelis1

Activity: 247

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:18:36 PM

Ethereum has algoritm more easy to mining

trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:23:44 PM

Sometimes transitions can take a very long time and cost very much, I would not say generalized, so today I do not join this opinion, it seems to me that Vitalik needs to bring the matter to completion, otherwise the EOS project will be able to kill ETH
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:30:04 PM

Hello,
I want to know why Ethereum transaction is much cheaper and faster than bitcoin ?
Bitcoin technology is older and costlier transaction. But Ethereum is easy mine and low transaction because ETH concept is used in most of the project so other coins also depends on ETH platform. Automatically Ethereum is popular in Crypto market and transaction fees is depends on mining capability of the coin.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
vibingpositively

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:06:39 PM

Transactions are cheaper because the network can handle more transactions a second. The reason transactions are faster is because there is more space on the network (generally, not during high ICO times) and thus encourages more miners. Also the barrier to entry for mining Ethereum is lower than Bitcoin which could be another reason the network functions better most days. Don't be fooled though, these technological changes of speed and cheap transactions can be added to any chain, Bitcoin is moving to a side chain for this. Once LN is on and running, you won't be looking to Ethereum for cheap and fast transactions, everybody will be back on Bitcoin imo.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
TwisterPipister

Activity: 238

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:36:38 PM

Hello,

The main reason is that the time of ethereum blocks is 15 seconds, while the bitcoin has 10 minutes, but this does not mean that the bitcoin creator made a mistake by making the blocking time too long, the longer the time between blocks, the less probability of blockchains split appearing, therefore we cannot endlessly reduce it, to milliseconds for exemple.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
valheru

Activity: 487
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:23:59 PM

Bitcoin requires more powerful equipment because mining Bitcoin is harder than Ethereum. In brief, the answer is,  block difficulty differences.

R.R.L.
bellmen08

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:28:14 PM

Ethereum is easy to mine and it uses the latest technology. Whereas, bitcoin is the oldest crypto currency and the most popular one. That's why it cost higher than Ethereum.
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:47:35 PM

You already have your answers so please close this thread. IMO though, ETH transaction is not the cheapest and fastest out there. In fact, transactions that are done on other altcoins such as doge is cheaper and faster when compared to ETH so let's not start comparing the two in terms of transaction speed and fees because some altcoins are far better to use in transactions than ETH.
Whereas, bitcoin is the oldest crypto currency and the most popular one. That's why it cost higher than Ethereum.
You are right that bitcoin is slower because of its popularity(since btc got more volume of transaction per second than eth) but being the oldest doesn't mean that it is bound to be slow because improvements are also being done to bitcoin. Just like what this user said:
Once LN is on and running, you won't be looking to Ethereum for cheap and fast transactions, everybody will be back on Bitcoin imo.
GaryCynthia

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:50:01 PM

I can't fully agree with this argument. Because sometimes they also take long time for transaction. It not happened regularly. But it’s true they use a great technology.
kulsuma

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 05:09:45 AM

Yes, ETH is growing much because its transaction is cheap and fast. It uses a better technology han bitcoin and the team working bihind is very efficient too. The mining is easier in ETH and this makes the cost low.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:41:51 AM

It is because Ethereum existed three years ago. And it is expected that it will deliver a more sophisticated form of transactions that are cheaper and fast. But even though Ethereum transaction is good, I think other cryptocurrency transactions will also develop soon as well. Since the demand when it comes to cryptocurrency is getting bigger every year.

quthmvpv

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:51:56 AM

I don't think Ethereum is much better than BTC in terms of payment efficiency. Ethereum is not fast when Internet congestion is encountered and gas costs very high. I hope that in recent years, Ethereum can deal with this problem, otherwise it will restrict the development of Ethereum.
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:53:51 AM

because of its technology my friend. ethereum blockchain is better developed comparing with bitcoin blockchain. it has a better and bigger network size. everybody is waiting for lightening network for bitcoin otherwise bitcoin is not enough practical to use.
Ziaderi33

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:20:07 AM

Hello,

In my opinion, bitcoin technology is out of date, as is ethereum, between bitcoin and ethereum, fast transactions are ethereum, but, new coins now have good technology, beating bitcoin and ethereum

NEIRONIX | SECURITY FROM CRYPTO & ICO SCAM
Token Sale starts on September 1
https://tokensale.neironix.io
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:21:45 AM

There are more fast and cheaper coins around. LTC is cheap and fast Waves is lightining fast also neo is same too.
Just open your eyes and mind and you will find the best and cheap one for transaction purposes also do not forget DGB

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:26:29 AM

Hello,

Because ethereum is not the same as bitcoin. It has different code in it. As everything is programed by human you can tweak every little parameter in your code. How you do that at first? Simply for the code base of bitcoin and tweak it's parameters such ethereum made blocks to come every few seconds while with bitcoin blocks appear every ten minutes, see the difference? It is moving faster and putting transactions all together which makes it cheaper. But again ethereum had much more transactions due to smart contracts working all over the place so they would have to implement such thing either way. However bitcoin devs don't clearly want such thing to happen with bitcoin....
bundo

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:37:42 AM

I just think that bitcoin is designed to function as a peer-to-peer electronic payment system. Meanwhile, Ethereum is designed for smart contracts that are executed when meeting certain conditions.
rosabella

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:49:04 AM

Because I think that compair to Bitcoin, ETH has faster blocks, so even if you don't get in the next block, you are probably okay with only a minute confirmation time. Also, since there is no hard block size limit, there's no limit on how many transactions a miner can process, so you are not competing with other users by much.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: