Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:09:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Listing of coins before ICO ends- "The implications "  (Read 149 times)
Pamela1966 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 07:47:30 PM

I have actually posted this on altcoins discussion before but I guess it's the wrong place to post it.
Lately I've come across few projects that list their coins on decentralized exchange before the end of ICO which I think it's like a sabotage to the efforts of investors and those supporting the project in one way or another because those that have the coins sell below ICO price.
I want forum members to share their views about this,  is it professional or an attempt at exit scam?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VentureHero

Activity: 86
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:31:28 PM

Personally, I think it makes no sense. ICO literally is an "Initial Coin Offering". If the token/coin is available already for trading, what's the purpose of the initial offering?
Visteryy

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:49:59 PM

The question of these projects is still alive today. Hay is offline mình đó đó rồi? The new project is formed and its intentional construction. It is necessary to see what values are necessary for human beings. What has helped people? The revenue that everyone desires.
Betheng10

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:55:50 PM

Good point, but listing of the coin/ token before the ICO ends os an indication of the project's progress. It will be very hard for the developers to choose whom to give or sell the coins/ tokens during ICO stafe bur one thing is for sure, if the project is good, prices will rise wether it was sold at the market at a very low price.

peacefulpeace

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:07:00 PM

your thoughts are well shared, typically speaking i think listing of token/coin before ico is very professional, its an indication and attestation to the viability and success of the project.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 611

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:14:12 PM

I have actually posted this on altcoins discussion before but I guess it's the wrong place to post it.
Lately I've come across few projects that list their coins on decentralized exchange before the end of ICO which I think it's like a sabotage to the efforts of investors and those supporting the project in one way or another because those that have the coins sell below ICO price.
I want forum members to share their views about this,  is it professional or an attempt at exit scam?
Its not actually an exit scam but rather a thing which investors do make their own decision to sell out cheaper than on the ICO price where the sale haven't ended yet since we do know that those coins are being sell off on decentralized exchangers then you cant do anything about it since its their choice but I do agree that this thing do really contributes or one of the factors that can build up the tended price when the coin is launched on exchangers. They wont really have large spreads to each other.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
eko23

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:28:08 PM

I think it's not one of the ways to sabotage a project but that is part of the system to raise funds in a quick manner so that the project can take place immediately
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:35:40 PM

It doesn't really matter. If the fundamentals aren't good (and chances are, they aren't, just like most ICOs) then the exit scam is pretty much guaranteed. And if it's not a proper exit scam, it will just organically dump to the ground.

Just look at things like Bancor. One of the biggest ICOs in history. Would it have been any different had they released the token to be traded in a decentralized exchange? I don't think so. Or in fact it could have gone even better due not a massive bear pressure from all the ICO investors dumping on the market at once. Maybe it's actually a good idea to have ICO prices competing with the market to balance things out, so people can choose to either buy at market prices or ICO prices.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:08:44 PM

Personally, I think it makes no sense. ICO literally is an "Initial Coin Offering". If the token/coin is available already for trading, what's the purpose of the initial offering?

I think if the topic is ico, nothing really make sense but there is profit right? so no one give up joining in the ico. Token price is in fact 0
chosenboy4

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:18:46 PM

In expert interviews, it was mentioned multiple times that the issuing legal
structure is another important dimension which should be included in the taxonomy. In line with our
aim to provide practitioners with valuable insights common organizational structures are of vital importance.
Thus, we decided to include the dimension issuing legal structure. Analysing further cases,
we found limited liability and foundation to be used, which was confirmed by a legally skilled interview
partner afterwards
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:53:56 PM

It doesn't really matter. If the fundamentals aren't good (and chances are, they aren't, just like most ICOs) then the exit scam is pretty much guaranteed. And if it's not a proper exit scam, it will just organically dump to the ground.

Just look at things like Bancor. One of the biggest ICOs in history. Would it have been any different had they released the token to be traded in a decentralized exchange? I don't think so. Or in fact it could have gone even better due not a massive bear pressure from all the ICO investors dumping on the market at once. Maybe it's actually a good idea to have ICO prices competing with the market to balance things out, so people can choose to either buy at market prices or ICO prices.

Also listing the coins in exchanges before or after the ICO will be like an assurance that the project is serious regardless on what happens after the ICO, as they are putting the life of the project at the hands of the investors. And I agree with you that if it is not a scam investors will just organically dump the project as they are not seeing any progress with it.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:32:44 AM

It shows a lack of respect for the ones that trusted in the project and also it shows a lack of professionalism, if an ico in which you are considering investing ever does that to you then it is time to forget about that coin or if you already invested in it, then it is a good idea to sell your coins immediately and just take a small loss for failing to choose the right ico to invest.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: