Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 07:34:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?  (Read 3294 times)
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:36:40 AM

I never want to invest on any of altcoins by selling my bitcoins because I knows that bitcoin has more potential than any other coins so it will give more benefits in future if we hold until,if you invest on altcoins you can invest the amount from profits of your bitcoin.

Its normal for you to dislike altcoins because the growth of bitcoins in the market is so much better more than altcoins, another thing is that there are more people who are interested on bitcoins more than altcoins so we can expect a higher price of bitcoins in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wongdeso

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:10:53 PM

Anyway, I would not accept such a strategy. Because there are some altcoins whose movements exceed the bitcoin movement and that is quite advantageous. So I will keep altcoin and buy bitcoin. So I just need to do both without eliminating the others.
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:17:27 PM

You can do that strategy and I can say that it is good idea! It is good to trade your altcoins to bitcoin because you can ensure that the bitcoin can overcome different challenges because of its potential in the cryptocurrency market.
JRoa

Activity: 528
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:28:24 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
Actually many investors are doing that strategy because it is very useful strategy to grow your investment. Bitcoin is still the strongest cryptocurrency, by making investment with bitcoins; you can ensure that your money is safe.

royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:31:59 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

I think this is effective but I think there are also lots of potential altcoins these days that are worth hodling so why do we need to sell ours to purchase bitcoin if we could do both at the same time? I think it is better if we'll just do both to maximize our gain. We should just to choose the best altcoins to hodl.

Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:46:36 PM

Well, if it will work well then why not? You should try it as well, sometimes other's strategy works fine. Don't mind your doubt, because if it doesn't work for himself/herself, he/she won't give a time to give such strategy in the first place. If it doesn't fit you well, then don't give any kind of attention to it, and don't even dare to try it no more. It would just sick you up and your mindset as well, stay in your lane, strive to achieve your goals, fixed your strategies and focus on it as always.
coingrowth

Activity: 416
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:01:01 PM

if u are short term trader then this strategy work selling alts and buying bitcoin but when u expect for long-term growth then holding altcoins is far better
dragontigear

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:24:15 PM

In my opinion, With the current cypto market situation I think it's not advisable to sell alt just to buy bitcoin considering that bitcoin today is still dropping and its really risky to invest I suggest to hold both cryptocurrency and wait for the right time because i believe right ime will come and it will rise up again.
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 03:40:52 PM

Yes especially if altcoins is not that establish and good to hold so my choice is to trade it with other establish crypto or trade directly to bitcoin. It is not that good strategy but mind  you that it is one of the sure trades because it has a low chance of percentage on losing on your money but at the same time it does no profit that well compared to trading other established altcoins.
korolevamary1995

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:45:37 PM

In the first post of this topic, the author offered a link to a site in which one guy advises to transfer all their assets from altcoins to bitcoins. Do you think this idea will bring good profit for you? Let me give you an example. You have $ 10,000, i.e. you can buy 1 BTC and 7 ETH (prices as of June 16) When the rate rises you can make x2 X3 X5 X10 right? I think they won't make more X10 in 2018. Now look at the altcoins. In the amount of $ 10,000 you can buy several types of promising coins in the amount of 1 million coins. and if each one does X5 or X10 or even X20 you rabatyvaetsya in several orders of magnitude greater than bitcoin
candra raditya
Copper Member

Activity: 455

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:04:34 PM

I agree with bitcoin is the most popular among other crypto coins, but you do not have to sell all the altcoin you have to buy bitcoin, because I think investing in one coin is too risky.

(x)  BabyRottweiler             [[[ [[ [   polycat.finance   ] ]] ]]]
                      Fast, secure, irreversible and efficient value transfers                     
[★] Facebook   [★] Twitter   [★] Telegram   [★] Reddit   [★] Discord   [★]
Medium
wasaisi

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:22:20 PM

I do not really agree with that strategy. For me altcoin has a better chance than bitcoin to be an investment at this time. The bitcoin movement is slowing down and it's hard enough to grow and raise its value again.
pellor mas

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:47:52 PM

If bitcoin seems to have a much lower price and I think I can buy a lot of bitcoin with altcoin say, bitcoin has more potential than alts because the original cryptocurrency is acknowledged in the world, and altcoin prices also depend on bitcoin so buying the original is much better than the keep the new one made.
marinakofoleva

Activity: 336
Merit: 100