Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:23:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How are uniform table columns achieved for posts on this forum?  (Read 570 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:16:18 PM

If I see a couple examples, I'm sure I could reproduce in via seeing the code when I click the quote button. I know I've seen such posted here before, but would be hard-pressed to hunt them down, hence asking.

Each column would be titled and stay aligned with its intended column text regardless of resolution or other unknowns.

Thanks in advance, all.

~TMIBTCITW
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:42:15 AM

Seriously? This is Web Design 101. It's done by specifying relative widths (ie, a percentage of available space) instead of absolute widths (ie, number of pixels). For example, the column containing your avatar, post count, etc. has a width of 16% of the total table width, regardless of how wide the table actually ends up being on your screen, so it automatically scales with different resolutions.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:03:14 AM

Seriously? This is Web Design 101. It's done by specifying relative widths (ie, a percentage of available space) instead of absolute widths (ie, number of pixels). For example, the column containing your avatar, post count, etc. has a width of 16% of the total table width, regardless of how wide the table actually ends up being on your screen, so it automatically scales with different resolutions.

He's asking if there's a way to do it inside a post, not how to do it as a web developer.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:07:05 AM

You mean like with the code button? Forum may support a font with equal spacing, too, which would keep you from having to use the crippling {code} option.

Code:
@Party       | Men  | Women   | Average Offspring
Walnut Grove | 30   | 5       | 2
Peanut Road  | 20   | 8       | 5
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:08:36 AM

[table]?

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:58:02 AM

He's asking if there's a way to do it inside a post, not how to do it as a web developer.
I guess I don't understand the question, then. Is there a way to not do that? The [table] tags do it automatically. Huh

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 12:22:01 AM

You mean like with the code button? Forum may support a font with equal spacing, too, which would keep you from having to use the crippling {code} option.

Code:
@Party       | Men  | Women   | Average Offspring
Walnut Grove | 30   | 5       | 2
Peanut Road  | 20   | 8       | 5

Like the above, or with a specific font you suggested, but which font? Anybody?

Thanks, Kluge.

BTW, the following is what I was trying to accomplish:

Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:34:37 AM

Are the [table] tags really that hard to use? Use [table] and [/table] to define a table, use [tr] and [/tr] to define rows within the table, and [td] and [/td] to define cells within each row.

SymbolStone TypeColorLocationHardness (1-9)
GACor8GraniteAmethystCornwall8
MNM3MarbleNadeshikoMarrawah3
FUNelB5FlutestoneUbeNel Bato5
BTC1BitshireTuscanyCaldik1
STB7SatoshimiteTransparentBièvre7
GXaXaH9GraniteXanaduXanadu Hills9
BFRS4BeiberliteFalu RedStatferd4

See? It's easy!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: