Bitcoin Forum
February 22, 2019, 01:50:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Altcoin price depend on BTC or ETH??  (Read 31944 times)
mia_houston

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

quarkchain.io

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 08:32:11 AM

I think so, as we see when price Bitcoin or ethereum rises of course the altcoin will go up and vice versa if both of them go down altcoin will also go down, honestly I don't understand why the situation happened until now, I am also waiting for an explanation that can be understood from smart people

███████                               ███████
█████████                           █████████
██████████          █████          ██████████
███████████       █████████       ███████████
████████████     ███████████     ████████████
██████  ██████  ██████ ██████  ██████  ██████
██████   ████████████   ███████████    ██████
██████     █████████     █████████     ██████
██████      ███████       ███████      ██████
██████     █████████     █████████     ██████
██████   ████████████   ████████████   ██████
██████  ██████  ██████ ██████  ██████  ██████
████████████     ███████████     ████████████
███████████       █████████       ███████████
██████████          █████          ██████████
█████████                           █████████
████████                             ████████
⫘*⫘

⫘*⫘

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Your Bitcoin transactions
The Ultimate Bitcoin mixer
made truly anonymous.
with an advanced technology.
Mix coins
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
mrpl2017

Activity: 353
Merit: 10

ASSETSPLIT ICO

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 08:43:25 AM

I do not think that there is a connection between the price of Bitcoin and other crypto coins, the price depends on the state of the crypto market, and not on the value of Bitcoin and ethirium.

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
⚡⚡⚡Asset Split is the place to build shares of your valuables⚡⚡⚡
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻
Stella_btc

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 08:55:17 AM

In my opinion i will say Yes and noboth beacause

Yes because the market that defines them, like you rightly say, is BTC or ETH based. Therefore, if in relative terms the altcoin is increasing faster than BTC, then you could view it as BTC is “losing.”

No because the fact that the altcoin is increasing relative to BTC doesn’t mean that BTC is losing value. It just means that the altcoin is going up faster than the base currency, BTC in this case.

Think about it this way. Suppose you buy Euros for USD. If Euros increase in value, it doesn’t mean the USD is losing. It just means that Euros relative to USD have gone up in value.
Before starting to invest in any cryptocurrency read and study about cryptocurrencies. In any case, do not invest more than you are willing to lose.

However, in the longer term, you can be positive that the price of both would increase. You can convert ETH to BTC from CoinSwitch at best rates.
goodday886

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 09:10:22 AM

the altcoins price depends on the bitcoin. u can draw conclusions from the encrypted historical data. ether also has an effect on encryption. but it is limited compared to bitcoin.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Ostonian

Activity: 874
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 09:13:57 AM

The price of altcoins depends on the cost of both btc and eth. The task of altcoins is to make it easier to get btc and eth. In the end, it all comes down to just one thing: sell altcoin for btc or eth.

Crypt0Pro

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 09:48:56 AM

The price of the altcoins always depends on BTC, if BTC goes down, altcoins also suffer loses. Don't think that it also refers to ETH, very seldom altcoins depend on the ETH.
labuan

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 09:57:19 AM

What you talking about bro? Ethereum is Altcoin, but if you asking what is better Bitcoin And Ethereum, i think Ethereum is very good asset investment for now. And if you want to invest your money i think ethereum is the best choice for you.

princeyeboah

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 10:01:02 AM

To some extent, some of the altcoins on the market is influence by the price movement of either Bitcoin or Ethereum. Why this? This is because on most of the exchanges, it appears that almost every altcoin is paired with either Bitcoin or Ethereum, hence in the event when the price of either BTC or ETH falls, the value for those altcoins also fall unless traders change their sell and buy orders to suit the actual price and value of the coin.
There are other factors such as good or bad news which can also affect the price of a coin.

TelegramTwitter ❰❰❰❰❰❰  TERRAGREEN  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ Reddit  ● Medium
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●  GREENPAPER  ●  ICO Website  ●  ANN THREAD  ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Absolutep

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 10:04:10 AM

we can actually say that altcoins price depend mostly on BTC because ethereum itself is also altcoin, though a fall and rise in the price of ethereum tend to affect some altcoins.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
vertinfos

Activity: 434

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 10:19:19 AM

Since most of the alt coins are traded with BTC or ETH. SO I think altcoins prie are dependent on the price of this two.
What is your opinion please share.
Well, I think most depends on bitcoin, if bitcoin begins to fall and then the whole cryptocurrency begins to fall, and Ethereum including, all cryptocurrency sharpened under bitcoin

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                               
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
dhiraj0977

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 10:20:42 AM

To great extent, it is true the alt coins are mainly dependent on Bitcoin and Ethereum, but when price falls of BTC or ethereum, alt coins fall much larger than BTC and ethereum, but if they grow, the price of alt coins grow much more than BTC or Ethereum.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Wawa2013

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 10:44:15 AM

So far price of altcoin tends to fall because mother of coins bitcoin has decreased, as well as ethereum, but that doesn't always happen, sometimes some potential coins prices don't follow Bitcoin price, even though price bitcoin  drops dramatically, I know that

◆

▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄▄            ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██       ██      ██       ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄      ██      ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄        ▀██▄     ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀       ██      ██       ██              ██               ██      ██      ██              ██▀       ▀██         ██▄    ██      ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██      ██       ██      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀      ██      ▐██▄▄▄▄        ▐█           █▌      █▄ ▀██   ██      ██▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██      ██       ██      ██▀▀▀▀▀██        ██▀▀▀▀▀▀        ██        ▀▀▀▀██▄      ▐█           █▌      ██   ██▄ ██      ██▀▀▀▀
██       ██      ██       ██      ██      ██       ██   ▄▄         ██             ▐█▌     ▐█▄         ▄█▌      ██    ▀█▄██      ██
██       ██       ██▄   ▄██       ██     ▄█▀       ██    ▀█▄       ██            ▄██       ▀██▄▄   ▄▄██▀       ██     ▀███      ██
██       ██        ▀▀███▀▀        ████████▀        ██      ▀█      ██      ███████▀           ▀▀███▀▀          ██       ██      ██████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WP

SergeyS

Activity: 263

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 10:51:41 AM

Since most of the alt coins are traded with BTC or ETH. SO I think altcoins prie are dependent on the price of this two.
What is your opinion please share.
I think that Yes, most altcoins are drawn or, on the contrary fall behind the top coins, ie in the first place for Bitcoin, and just behind Ethereum. I think this situation should be corrected in some way, because in my opinion every coin should exist in this market with its own life, and not depend on the majority.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
DR_Vladislav

Activity: 112
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 11:45:08 AM

If we want to link the price of alts to bitcoin yes it is linked but why,
Practicaly:
Normaly as trader i monitor bitcoin price, if it is going to dump i sell alts and i turn to fiat, so this process will cuase alts dump and vise versa happen when bitcoin go up i buy bitcoin and start buying alts.

Logic , alts price is not linked to bitcoin but becouse of the process of caching usdt before bitcoin dupm that couse alts price to dump. But not all.

●     erecoin.io     ●    ▐▐     3D PRINTING GOES BLOCKCHAIN    ▐▐     ━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
zulfi125

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 12:28:29 PM

Yes but all Altcoin are not depend on BTC and ETH ,some Altcoin price ups and downs according to their demand , so we can say most of altcoin are depend on BTC not on ETH.

kiwoh123

Activity: 242

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 12:37:38 PM

no it's not, all depends price on the natural demand that occurs in the market, but if bearish comes then of course all coins will fall.
but maybe there will be someone who says it all only depend bitcoin but I don't agree.

jolle123

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 01:21:18 PM

Yes the bitcoin directs the price of altcoins and altcoins depend on bitcoin and the ethereum also depends on altcoins, in other words altcoins and ethereum depend on bitcoin which is the price dictator of those two.

│      HUBRISONE.com      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
Phonexy
Copper Member

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 02:04:19 PM

It always seems that way but I have noticed that even the coins that are not even traded against those two pairs tend to rise or dip when those two rise or dip, they are just the kings of the market.

dabenko

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 03:08:40 PM

I was trying to study the 52% dominance bitcoin has over altcoins, as reported by CMC today and i got to know that the prices and growth of both bitcoin and ethereum have effect on other altcoins, even though it is  not a total effect. if the price of bitcoin should increase today, due to a bull run, other coins will surely move in an upward direction.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Musia

Activity: 490

https://saturn.black

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 10:35:45 PM

It always seems that way but I have noticed that even the coins that are not even traded against those two pairs tend to rise or dip when those two rise or dip, they are just the kings of the market.
These coins dictate the movement of the entire market and it has long been obvious that all other projects depend on their falling or rising prices, even the worst of them can grow in price due to bitcoin

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bitcointalk.org is not available or authorized for sale. Do not believe any fake listings.
Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.