Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:58:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Almost automated managing of +60 social bounties at the same time? Tagging?  (Read 794 times)
8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:24:20 PM

I have mixed feelings about this case. I hate spam, but I don't think "inventing" a more efficient method to join a bounty campaign is bad. That is, assuming the campaign requires dumb tasks such as "share on Facebook", "retweet" and "copy link into Google Forms". Plagiarism and fake entries are much worse for a campaign manager.

OK, I am this "smart guy" who tried to help people to automate a little their everyday work and all I received is a red trust because of this topic and now I could be disqualified from some of them for trying to be useful for community. Fair enough. I did not break any rules and did not suggest any bots, just wanted to share my way of managing campaigns using Microsoft Office.
There are much worse spammers on the altcoin board than you. I've seen countless people enter total nonsense when they join campaigns, without reading anything. It's actually refreshing to see a "bounty hunter" who's intelligent and writes complete English sentences.

For what it's worth, I don't think you deserve the red trust. Especially because of this:
So, as you also said, no rules are broken.

Dear ladies and gentlemen, could you please understand me that I just wanted to share the tools of managing campaigns and now when one person decided that using Microsoft Office is abuse I will have a lot of difficulties. Could you please share with me your experience and advice what should I do to get my trust back, because I am doing my work qualitatively that's why some of projects use my posts on their official pages.
If you've found a way to join more campaigns in an easy way: good for you! I haven't seen any campaign that asks you to do dumb tasks manually. If your entries qualify, it shouldn't matter.
However, if people start (ab)using your method to join with dozens of accounts, it's not good. But that's been happening long before you posted it.

Most of the people claiming these bounties via twitter and facebook are doing so with fake accounts in their dozens so their actual worth to bounty campaigns are slim to none because they're advertising to either no real people or just hundreds of other bounty spammers. The followers of these accounts also consist of the same: other fake throwaway accounts or just more spammers who are following each other just to bolster their own numbers. Bounty campaigns don't really care because any advertising is better than nothing and it's free to them when they've pre-mined a crapcoin so what have they got to lose. All they want is exposure no matter what and of course there are thousands of bounty hunters with their dozens to hundreds of accounts each who are going to capitalise on this and thus the cycle of spam and greed continues.
And yet, with "bounty hunters" spamming their own small circle, ICOs manage to raise several billion dollar per year. Somehow the spam just works for them.

This is predominant because people have a very large number of campaigns to keep up it. If this guy was doing his act ities manually, I'm sure he won't be able to be in such number of bounties.
I've manually checked thousands of bounty entries, and I can tell you that I'd love to automate that too! It feels more boring than working at a conveyor belt, and those too have been automated.
I don't think improving posting efficiency is bad for the bounty campaign. It beats the countless people who submit invalid entries.

I have mixed feelings about this one too, I hate spammers and multi account campaign cheating bounty hunters.

From reading through all the post on here, what I can gather is most people are upset about the idea that he is using his 'system' to promote/help spam post on the forum. Now, reading the topic post in question and his responses, I can't see any where that mentions using it on the forum. Even the topic post for this and his post says social bounties.

The only reference I can see to BCT forum is when adding the campaign link to the spreadsheet.

3. Link to a bounty thread on BCT forum (for pasting formed reports, checking any changes in rules and all news about the project)

Now this next example that I seen posted earlier is clearly for custom text for Twitter and Facebook. Sure, to some degree it could be used on the forum, but again I don't see it mentioned for that use.

Text generator

The tab Texts includes 200+ texts examples which will be used for text generator with all project hashtags. Let me say that the quality of texts is low. I'm using other examples. If you want a good quality - make your own texts  Wink
!IMPORTANT! You should paste "(tag)" at the beginning of your text, it will be replaced by unique hashtag of the project. It is necessary for correct work of parser! Otherwise, the parser may not find a tweet/post!

Example of correct text: "(tag) project has an amazing potential and a solid team to realize the idea! #1 #2 #3"

The tab Hashtags - into the column Project fill in a project name; into the column Hashtags fill in all project hashtags which bounty manager asked to mention. !IMPORTANT! The first hashtag must be the unique hashtag. In most cases, the unique hashtag is the same as project name but not all the time. The column Autofill is filled in automatically.

The tab Generator - choose the project from the list, click the button choose random string - it will choose a random text, then click the button copy to clipboard. OK, now you could paste it into Twitter/Facebook/ect. new post window. The button copy only hashtags copies only hashtags of the chosen project.

I personally think he just thought he would be helping others out. Twitter and Facebook is just covered with spam like this and it annoys me but I can't see how he has broken the rules here, considering he doesn't mention using it on forum.
I think the spam on social media for bounties will have to be stopped by bounty managers at some stage. It will be hard when they have some campaigns with 10k+ bounty hunters in the Twitter section, that's a lot of work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:35:32 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2018, 03:37:56 AM by mobilazy

At first, I felt butthurt when reading that thread (it was in Meta before). Like c'mon, I'm using my imagination to shill that ICO and some smart ass using a random text generator! Then I thought that my way is unnecessary time consuming and nobody cares. If I want to earn a little bit more than peanuts, I need to choose a quantity over quality (because again nobody cares). So I started to appreciate this guy sharing with me his more advanced way. It's not cheating if one use 1 account per campaign. Now the only problem is to find 60 campaigns, heck, I'm even struggling to find 6. And it's not eliminating the hardest part of dealing with BM not counting your stakes (this is so common for Twitter bounty).

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: