Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:20:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: accepting donations  (Read 909 times)
chris200x9 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 17, 2011, 10:36:22 PM

Hi, I'm an aspiring political newcomer and am running for congress in 2014, you can read more about me in my signature. I am accepting bitcoin donations to my campaign, being a newcomer that will not take bribes contributions from corporate entities I feel it is best to get my name out there as early as possible. I also believe in full transparency so feel free to join the forum in my signature also. Half of all donations will stay within the bitcoin community through ads from operation fabulous the other 50% will be spent on ads elsewhere and other expenses, however 100% will be going to my campaign I will not divert any funds.

Thank you,

Christopher Chmielewski  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
March 17, 2011, 11:23:59 PM

Congress is an extremely difficult run, especially for a newcomer. My advice is don't make your run too public yet. I know you're probably thinking that if you start now you'll have more time than the other guys to make an impression, but it will only work to your detriment. If you want to get in peoples minds, become an asset to the community. Be a leader in all the groups you belong to (join groups if you haven't already). Before you make that run, get your name on the ballot for something like water and soil conservation board. These are generally very cheap to file (25 dollars here) but it gets your name on the ballot. That's my campaign contribution. If you want anything monetary, I would have to be assured that your philosophy was something like this: http://fwd4.me/xsA. In other words, read it if you haven't. In addition, since you're running in Michigan, talk to Justin Amash, he was an outsider who has transparency and accountability down to an art.
chris200x9 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 17, 2011, 11:29:02 PM

Congress is an extremely difficult run, especially for a newcomer. My advice is don't make your run too public yet. I know you're probably thinking that if you start now you'll have more time than the other guys to make an impression, but it will only work to your detriment. If you want to get in peoples minds, become an asset to the community. Be a leader in all the groups you belong to (join groups if you haven't already). Before you make that run, get your name on the ballot for something like water and soil conservation board. These are generally very cheap to file (25 dollars here) but it gets your name on the ballot. That's my campaign contribution. If you want anything monetary, I would have to be assured that your philosophy was something like this: http://fwd4.me/xsA. In other words, read it if you haven't. In addition, since you're running in Michigan, talk to Justin Amash, he was an outsider who has transparency and accountability down to an art.

thank you so much your information is much appreciated.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2011, 11:30:48 PM

If you want to get in peoples minds, become an asset to the community. Be a leader in all the groups you belong to (join groups if you haven't already).  

This is good advice imo.

There are two ways to get people to do what you want - convince them or force them. Think about what happens to someone who cannot do what Congress commands. I often cannot out of conscience.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
dissipate

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2011, 11:51:11 PM

Hi, I'm an aspiring political newcomer and am running for congress in 2014, you can read more about me in my signature. I am accepting bitcoin donations to my campaign, being a newcomer that will not take bribes contributions from corporate entities I feel it is best to get my name out there as early as possible. I also believe in full transparency so feel free to join the forum in my signature also. Half of all donations will stay within the bitcoin community through ads from operation fabulous the other 50% will be spent on ads elsewhere and other expenses, however 100% will be going to my campaign I will not divert any funds.

Thank you,

Christopher Chmielewski  

My sincere advice: get out while you still can.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: