Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:42:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do you Handle a Downtrend as a day trader?  (Read 419 times)
Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:55:01 PM

I trade Alts against BTC as a day trader, when the market is all green we were able to make nice returns ranging from 12% to 25% on a single trade. But during a severe downtrend market all our profit including capital goes down into it and it practically indicate we are at loss.

So I'm wondering what is the best way to handle a downtrend situations?
Actually all you have to do is practice patience, you have to wait until a good time arrives. Because the characteristic crypto is always changing at any time then we will not be able to determine when the market will increase or decrease. so the only way we do is to wait, it is proven at this time that when prices rise again and show a positive trend. So be patient because with patience then we will be able to get what we want.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
katri

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:12:56 PM

I have also loss during bearish market but I just hold on to my coin. Just keepingnitnto my wallet and waiting for the next wave of bull market. To sell your coin just to cut your losses in this downtrend market is a wrong decision to execute because we all know that market will bounce up again in just few weeks. So it's better to hold the coin.
cryptoblue77

Activity: 472
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:45:13 AM

When i was day trading some time ago, i didn't handle downward trend well, as the market was constantly dropping i lost all my money. It was a very bad experience as a day trader.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:11:13 AM

I noticed that more people prefer to have a short position open during the bear market as a form of insurance. They can just do whatever they want, but will benefit significantly if the market keeps going down.

I thought about it myself, but I prefer not to use any tools and I don't need them. I can hodl through these bear cycles without any problems, and I have tons and tons of patience left to consume.

Some people say that hodling is a bad thing to do during a bear market, but they fail to understand that not everyone can trade this market and have their funds work for them. People thinking it's easy to profit don't know anything.

Not acting is better than acting based on nothing but hope.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:48:31 AM

I trade Alts against BTC as a day trader, when the market is all green we were able to make nice returns ranging from 12% to 25% on a single trade. But during a severe downtrend market all our profit including capital goes down into it and it practically indicate we are at loss.

It's too risky and hard to predict, if ever that you've been trapped inside better to have more patients if you have spare money, you can try to invest more with the same coin, just in case when the coin value bounce back, you can gain more while waiting for the previous one to break even together with your earnings from the second position that you've made.
Ruslanabramov748

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:34:12 PM

You need to always be sure of your entrance to a particular position, hone your trading on platforms where there is a demo
 Wink
vinbentrob

Activity: 210

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

As trader,  you could lose everything in a few days if you don't know what you are doing!  Downtrend in the market of cryptocurrency should not be an emergency rather,  it should be expected with solid plan to go through it successfully!  I try as much as possible to stay in fiat and buy the dip in the market!

Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:31:37 PM

My target is always set. When the downtrend hits my target low, I quickly pull out. Sometimes you may have to wait for quite too long for market to recover and I may not have too much patients in day trading as I may have in long-term hodling. When you set your target and respect these targets you don't have to lose too much.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:32:09 AM

Actually all you have to do is practice patience, you have to wait until a good time arrives. Because the characteristic crypto is always changing at any time then we will not be able to determine when the market will increase or decrease. so the only way we do is to wait, it is proven at this time that when prices rise again and show a positive trend. So be patient because with patience then we will be able to get what we want.
It's not a problem if prices change and rise quickly, but if prices go down and endure for a long time, surely you have to do
and make choices to sell and look for other more potential altcoins, because in trading you can't keep holding it for a long time right ?
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:59:28 AM

Although crypto market on bearish but there are also some altcoin going up ranging from 10% to 30% aday , so we still opportunity to make some profit. But this is will be more difficult to get it because only some of crypto going up and so many going down. And to avoid loss we should be keep some balance in to fiat or USDT , and we can use it again to buy coins after the price on the bottom. Patient waiting for bottomed price will be promising big profit because when the price on the deep is more easy to push up to 100% just in afew days.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:25:36 AM

Once downtrend sets in as a trader the best thing to do is to stop trading and never try to revenge on the market because the market will always carry you except you are on the right side of the trend that is following the trend. I assume that you are a good trade who has a trading plan and is willing to follow your plan and also you may have place your stop loss and take profit points. You then leave the market and come back tomorrow to trade again still following your trading plan.
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 09:42:50 AM

Handling this downtrend of altcoins is nearly impossible because this is not like ordinary fall or crash but like end of altcoins, they simple go to zero how can we handle it with little loss  Roll Eyes don't know.

CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 12:46:45 PM

Why should one remain in a downtrend market other than to exit and return, a downtrend is traded with a different strategy, it is best entered with a stop loss plan such that once the market goes against you, it sells and you position lower because every support eventually becomes the resistance, so one should not expect to be in profit after missing a profit position to sell

Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:17:26 PM

Handling this downtrend of altcoins is nearly impossible because this is not like ordinary fall or crash but like end of altcoins, they simple go to zero how can we handle it with little loss  Roll Eyes don't know.
Altcoins are extremely volatile in nature and even if you want to trade their bear trend, you really want to be careful. The altcoin market is the most manipulated of all, and even in some smaller volume trade, they can easily be manipulated into a pump and dump scenario and you really do not want to be day trading such.

I always believe that the best time you can enjoy trading an altcoin is in an uptrend, and with this you can make very good profit from the fluctuations and the higher highs and higher lows, but for a downtrend, you really want to just stay out of it.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:24:24 PM

Although crypto market on bearish but there are also some altcoin going up ranging from 10% to 30% aday , so we still opportunity to make some profit. But this is will be more difficult to get it because only some of crypto going up and so many going down. And to avoid loss we should be keep some balance in to fiat or USDT , and we can use it again to buy coins after the price on the bottom. Patient waiting for bottomed price will be promising big profit because when the price on the deep is more easy to push up to 100% just in afew days.

There will always be an opportunity for every point of the market; it is just the knowledge to take advantage of those opportunities that virtually most people who want to trade does not have. A market will always reach an oversold state at some point and always tend to come with some little bit of correction or small level of reversal in between, so for someone who knows what they are doing, this can always be taken advantage of but like I said, it certainly requires great deal of knowledge and experience to trade a bear market.
apityeh71

Activity: 476

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:23:31 AM

Trade on downtrend is hard to earn profit and possible we are in loss. When downtrend the total market  cap of crypto is decreased alot and that mean many trader and investor out from the market. In this situation look better to move money in to others asset while waiting deepest price of crypto and bull market back.

Zipposs

Activity: 82

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:38:47 AM

You can start checking out these guys: https://discord.gg/2cjRufh. I've been using their free crypto calls for a few months, and I made a small profits 1-2% almost every other day. Also the community is very helpful and I learned a lot new information and ways to cope with emotional trading. There is also a paid section where you will receive daily a 3-5 coins updated every hour.
It's worth it, but I will suggest you first start with the free signals until you become more knowledgeable and calm.
Good Luck!
Ekaterina Stalin

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:43:26 AM

I spent most of my time on the bounty. For me, when the market is going down quickly, I will convert all the altcoins into USDT, which I think will make my property safer!
Rainbow009

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:46:24 PM

As a trader always k own how to explore you options, for quick flipping, you need a currency with wide fluctuations.
When the market is all down, you can switch to arbitrage trading and make profits from discrepancies in prices of an asset on various exchanges.
Sanchezino40

Activity: 484

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 02:46:53 PM

Every downtrend is very disturbing. Most times, you see your profit going down and you can't do anything about it. There are different methods of handling downtrend of a trade. Calculate very well and know what to do. Most times I exit the trade early and rebuy at dip.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: