Bitcoin Forum
October 15, 2018, 10:00:26 AM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrop vs ICO Whats is the difference?  (Read 71 times)
suchi2591

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:39:51 AM

Hi,

I have heard many times these terms. What is the different. Form where these airdrops are coiming.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
without_my_moufles

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:56:15 AM

ICO = Initial Coin offering, when the company start to raise funds

Airdrop = dropping some coins in exchange of giving your information or doing small community tasks to promote project
Yusuke777

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:32:51 AM

ICO=This needs money or crypto currency.
Airdrop=This needs effort.
mundang

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:36:23 AM

Hi,

I have heard many times these terms. What is the different. Form where these airdrops are coiming.
airdrop is a way to get free tokens and exchange them to have free money, airdrop is sometimes easy money. While in ico you need to invest to get the tokens with a bonus,  the difference is that airdrop dont have risk unlike in ico.

▐████████       ██
          █   █   █▌     ██
         ▐█       █▌    ██
          █▌      █    ██
          ▐██   ▄██    █
           ▀█████▀    ██
    ▄█▄      ▀█▀      █▌
    ▀███▄            ▐█
       ▀██           ██
         ██          █
          ██        ▐█
           █▌       ▐█
           ▐█       ██                                                   ██
            █▌      █▌                                                   ▀▀
            ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▌
            ▐████████   █   ██ ▐█▐███▐███   ████   █▄███    ████  ████▄  █▌ ▐█▄███
             █      █   █   ▐█ ▐█   █▌  █▌     ▐█  █▌  ██  █▀  ▀ ▐█   █  ██ ▐█   █▌
             █▌     █   █   ▐█ ▐█   █   █▌   ▄▄▄█  █   ▐█ ▐█     █▌   █▌ ██ ▐█   █▌
             ██     █   █   ██ ▐█   █   █▌ ▐█▀ ▐█  █   ▐█ ▐█     █▌   █▌ ██ ▐█   █▌
             ██    ▐█   █   ██ ▐█   █   █▌ ██  ▐█  █   ▐█  █     ▐█   █  ██ ▐█   █▌
             ██    ▐█   ██████ ▐█   █   █▌  █████  █   ▐█  ▐████  ████▀  ██ ▐█   █▌
▄█   ██████   Join our whitelist!     ██████
  A new era of charity 
█▄
...............Social Media...............
Telegram    Reddit       Medium
Twitter ANN Thread Facebook
              ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                    ▀▓▓▓▓▀

▄▄███████▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█
    ████████████████████████▀  ▄▄██▀
    ███████████████████▄▄ ▄▄▄████▀
    ██████████████████████████▀
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Maus0728

Activity: 308
Merit: 40

Can't catch the M4u5

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:25:02 AM

The answers above my post is the basic definition of airdrop. Actually there are 2 types of airdrops.

Automatic Airdrops

This can happen when there is a forking in blockchain. The best example is bitcoin and bitcoin cash, anyone who holds the pre-existing coin which is BTC is automatically entitled to a corresponding value of tokens on the new network (bch). For example if you happen to have a BTC then you will also receive an amount of bch equal to the amount of BTC you are holding depending on the protocol.

Reward Airdrop

This is the common airdrop we encounter here in forum. Filling up google forms, referring friends. The token startup gets the rewards of promotion and marketing, and it doesn’t have to go through a central advertising platform like Facebook or Google. This is a bacis marketing method (if you do not know). I also want to remind you that most of the airdrop now are requiring to pass their kyc in order for you to be eligible in their airdrop. I just want to warn you that be careful because lots of people are being victimized by identity theft.
Nataly76

Activity: 97

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 09:29:22 AM

Airdrop is a free distribution of coins, which are carried out by projects within its ICO. As a rule, this is done in order to attract as much attention to your project as possible at minimal cost, since paying you will usually be tokens, which in fact still cost nothing.
Maus0728

Activity: 308
Merit: 40

Can't catch the M4u5

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:31:48 AM

ICO or Initial Coin Offerings.
An initial coin offering (ICO) is a means of crowdfunding, through the creation and sale of a digital coin or token to fund project development. That is why lots of ICO are SCAM because it is the easiest method to collect a large amount of money. This is one of the most crucial part in building a reputable cryptocurrency because in order for the ico to be successful the project must have a credible whitepaper, trues identitties of developers, established roadmap, and working product.
acetouryahey

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 09:40:32 AM

Hi,

ICO is a fund raising while airdrop is a free only in my opinion.

REWelator

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:30:29 AM

Thanks guys for the information.

Do any of you have experience with Airdrops? Meaning, are they more efficient if they are announced or unannounced (maybe a stupid question here)? Also, if I understood correctly, airdrops can be a simple giveaway or they can include some tasks (like joining the community channel, liking FB page, follow on Twitter and similar)?

Also, ICO vs IBO? Any thoughts on that?

Cheers!
digroske

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 07:31:48 AM

Hi,

The difference is substantial. airdrop is a way to get free tokens and make their exchange for money. ico is an investment. You invest money to get tokens with a bonus. Choose you. In the second case, there is a risk, airdrop has no risk, unlike ico.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.