Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:34:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed  (Read 889694 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:33:45 AM

What do you think are incentive to post insubstantial posts? People can already spam.
We need to give a specific definition of this word.
If you have seen before there are signature campaign rules about "Posting in ANN thread" and it is a requirement. Mostly 1 post is required but we've seen that every campaign followed the rules as it was strictly implemented by moderators especially by the administrator. And that is the meaning of incentivizing posts.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptopass

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:04:53 PM

The statement, that is , Giveaway threads are not allowed , is not logical. Rather,due to giveaway(free gift) people are inspired to collect new data which is beneficial.Sometimes excessive posting on it creates spam,but due to several posting we also get valuable information on cryptocurrency.
kambaralikhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:30:55 AM

Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.
I agree with the decision regarding giveaway threads because such threads will absurd the prosperity of this forum and it should be the responsibility of all members on this forum to try to avoid such threads by not posting/replying to such threads to discourage the people who post these threads.
No one can benefit himself/herself by offering incentives to members for post/replying on their threads.

Reza16

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:09:14 AM

please change decision giveaway threads
yogesh01

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:24:12 PM

I agree with the decision, please, the point of the Alt Coin section of Bitcointalk was so that you could have basic conversation about whatever coins you wanted here
californiaquail

Activity: 270
Merit: 130

DeLouvois.com Bitcoin Luxury Marketplace Est. 2016

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 11:21:17 AM

Not allowing giveaway threads is a dumb f*****g idea.
At least create a sub-forum for it.

There are both offer and demand for shitcoin giveaways because guess what, sometimes people get lucky.

I got very lucky last month when i found out i still had lots of Stellar lumens from their 2014 giveaway.

Please fix that quickly. Huh

yogesh01

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:21:53 AM

Punishing the thread starter is fair enough but punishing people that reply is not fair because some giveaway offers could be very tempting, if you dont see it you will not take it.
Pablo.Cryptomania

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:25:34 AM

Giveaways still are a major drive for people coming here, I am new here but it seems the community is
pretty friendly here and all my friends just signed up because they are interested in mining and airdrops.

I am wondering why such a well known bitcoin forum doesn't have a better UI though.

Cheers.
adz7

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:58:25 AM

Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.

Hello,
I wanted to clarify this before I post - am I able to post a promotion/giveaway link in this thread which links to a Steemit post to bring awareness to an altcoin?
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 01:29:40 PM

Hello,
I wanted to clarify this before I post - am I able to post a promotion/giveaway link in this thread which links to a Steemit post to bring awareness to an altcoin?
No. If you want to announce an off-site (as in it doesn't involve posting here) giveaway, create a thread in Bounties (Altcoins).

californiaquail

Activity: 270
Merit: 130

DeLouvois.com Bitcoin Luxury Marketplace Est. 2016

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 02:24:03 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 03:52:46 PM by californiaquail

Giveaways still are a major drive for people coming here, I am new here but it seems the community is
pretty friendly here and all my friends just signed up because they are interested in mining and airdrops.

I am wondering why such a well known bitcoin forum doesn't have a better UI though.

Cheers.

Because some moron(s) stole the money that was supposed to fund the new version of Bitcointalk.

I remember very clearly back in 2014 ( even though i forgot which thread i read that in ) that a lot of money was donated for the very purpose of improving Bitcointalk UI/UX.

We're talking about at least $1,000,000 worth of Bitcoin back when that money was donated, so after deflation one could assume that this number might easily be 10x higher by now.

Worst thing is, time i checked, no one was ever held accountable for that theft, and Bitcointalk still looks like it was stuck in 2008.

Don't get me wrong, i'm a nostalgic, i like SMF/PHP boards, but a lot of money was definitely stolen from this community, this is not Ok and something should be done about it.
Edit there seems to be a beta version of Bitcointalk 2.0 but it is terrible and looks like garbage so i assume this must be some kind of joke https://beta.bitcointalk.org

Ps : Banning giveaway thread is a moronic decision and i'll be vocal about it until the day i die, so please create a subforum for these otherwise i'll have to take this matter into my own hands.

KerLaeda

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:24:47 PM

Good Idea.
This will prevent some new traders and investors from big mistakes. and limit some scam in this new world.

satish37

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:17:44 AM

Giveaway threads are not allowed, dont understand why most of the marketing is based on give away based , more over what is wrong is rewarding someone for their  task , any how if it is rule of form  it is separate thing and must be obeyed
Dakshkapoor

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 04:20:57 PM

Give away threads should not allow because it is not logical. I am a newbie may be you should use your signature to prevent this. This can prevent new investors or bussiness man to do such mistakes. kindly inform me if i am wrong about tge information i have..

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
Rexpax

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:13:03 AM

Again monitoring and simply locking dead giveaways would be better solution to this problem that straight up banning them all Undecided

Thejesusofcrypto

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Professional Knife catcher

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:30:37 PM

Finally someone cleaning up the crap. All of this crap is getting old there is only one. eBTC
ss1980

Activity: 303

http://aaacoin.us

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 02:39:17 AM

So how would I give out or announce bounty and airdrops then?
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 05:45:52 AM

Again monitoring and simply locking dead giveaways would be better solution to this problem that straight up banning them all
The problem is spam, not giveaways that don't pay out.

Without forcing or rewarding people to post in your thread.

(Off-topic:)
Because some moron(s) stole the money that was supposed to fund the new version of Bitcointalk.
We're talking about at least $1,000,000 worth of Bitcoin back when that money was donated, so after deflation one could assume that this number might easily be 10x higher by now.
Worst thing is, time i checked, no one was ever held accountable for that theft, and Bitcointalk still looks like it was stuck in 2008.
Don't get me wrong, i'm a nostalgic, i like SMF/PHP boards, but a lot of money was definitely stolen from this community, this is not Ok and something should be done about it.
If you want accounting -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1278312.msg13168425#msg13168425

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
ss1980

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 06:04:26 AM

Again monitoring and simply locking dead giveaways would be better solution to this problem that straight up banning them all
The problem is spam, not giveaways that don't pay out.

Without forcing or rewarding people to post in your thread.

(Off-topic:)
If you want accounting -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1278312.msg13168425#msg13168425

Thank you for enlightening me. Learning something new every day. PM me your AAA COIN wallet and I'll be happy to send you some coin your way.
ss1980

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 12:06:31 PM

what about airdrops,those are good

Mine got banned :-(
Although if you want some coin, PM me with AAA coin wallet and I'll send you some.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: