Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:45:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed  (Read 894920 times)
Phuc1411

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:24:32 AM

I think it is a good idea. best is to do giveaways in coins threads ♥♥
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 01:05:43 PM

So some admins have their own laws when they have look on an airdrop. In our case users have NOT been incentivised to do so and we just asked them to visit our thread (like putting a normal link on a website) and they didn't get anything for visiting or posting. But our thread has been closed and the user who opened it has been locked for 30 days - 3 weeks before our ICO ends. This happend without any warning and nevertheless we respected all rules of the forum here. This methodes are not good and some admins should think about what they are doing to the cryptoworld when acting like governments nowadays (this is the evil of crypto in the sense of bitcoin "over regulation" and "rules" which can't be executed because they are not well formalized and everybody interprets it in a different way ...). But, the real enoying thing is, if you ask, if you write an admin (an especial one) he grants scam but doesn't reply to your messages. That is not ok, that is unproffessional, that is mafia-like - or what do you think?
Which thread are you referring to? If you were ambiguous in asking users "to visit our thread", many users could've misconstrued it as a a requirement to post on it. If a large number of users did so (usually signified by dozens to hundreds of pages of garbage quality posts), the moderator handling the case might interpret it the same way.

It has not been told them, not directly neither nor in a subtle form. It has been always told that they get nothing if they visit - also our telegram admins told them this when they asked. But misinterpreting leads to misunderstanding and this leads to stress and later then to hate. The misinterpreting guy will never draw back because he might lose his face, this is also the founding of (some) wars.
Which thread / user are you referring to? If they've definitely positively 100% did not incentivize (be it intentionally, accidentally or pretending to be accidentally) posting in one or several threads, I'll unban them.

If you're talking about Avinoc, they had a link to the thread among other airdrop tasks, formatted as an airdrop task and vaguely asking the users to visit and somehow participate in the thread. I don't care if it was "accidental", because over a 113 pages of garbage posts seem to indicate that quite a few users took it as an airdrop task.

Fverak

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:32:36 AM

Great to see the giveaways go. A large number of them were simply consideration grabber in any case, as opposed to really giving without end coins.

Simply take a gander at the DogeCoin giveaway string by FORKPOOL. It has 1228 posts and not by any means a couple of individuals have been paid
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 01:42:21 PM

So some admins have their own laws when they have look on an airdrop. In our case users have NOT been incentivised to do so and we just asked them to visit our thread (like putting a normal link on a website) and they didn't get anything for visiting or posting. But our thread has been closed and the user who opened it has been locked for 30 days - 3 weeks before our ICO ends. This happend without any warning and nevertheless we respected all rules of the forum here. This methodes are not good and some admins should think about what they are doing to the cryptoworld when acting like governments nowadays (this is the evil of crypto in the sense of bitcoin "over regulation" and "rules" which can't be executed because they are not well formalized and everybody interprets it in a different way ...). But, the real enoying thing is, if you ask, if you write an admin (an especial one) he grants scam but doesn't reply to your messages. That is not ok, that is unproffessional, that is mafia-like - or what do you think?
Which thread are you referring to? If you were ambiguous in asking users "to visit our thread", many users could've misconstrued it as a a requirement to post on it. If a large number of users did so (usually signified by dozens to hundreds of pages of garbage quality posts), the moderator handling the case might interpret it the same way.

It has not been told them, not directly neither nor in a subtle form. It has been always told that they get nothing if they visit - also our telegram admins told them this when they asked. But misinterpreting leads to misunderstanding and this leads to stress and later then to hate. The misinterpreting guy will never draw back because he might lose his face, this is also the founding of (some) wars.
Which thread / user are you referring to? If they've definitely positively 100% did not incentivize (be it intentionally, accidentally or pretending to be accidentally) posting in one or several threads, I'll unban them.

If you're talking about Avinoc, they had a link to the thread among other airdrop tasks, formatted as an airdrop task and vaguely asking the users to visit and somehow participate in the thread. I don't care if it was "accidental", because over a 113 pages of garbage posts seem to indicate that quite a few users took it as an airdrop task.

So what people interprete and what has been told (maybe accidental, I don't know) are two different things. There was definitely no subtle advise in the task. To be awesome means, visit us and start talking, discuss there too - and it doesn't mean, spam the thread. But if someone starts with that, it might become an avalanche (as happened - so it could be seen accidental when people don't react in time) which makes no sense to the ICO too - because there is no serious discussion possible anymore. Just a counter of posts has no value - so you're right in that.
That's your opinion. I have mine. And my opinion is that this suggestion (formatted in the same way the actually paying airdrop tasks were) to visit the thread and be """awesome""" has been responsible for over a hundred pages of garbage quality content (even if it wasn't garbage quality, that'd still break the giveaway rule since incentivised posting is not allowed) and legitimate threads getting pushed down the board list.

If a user is aware of the forum's rules (which he should be) and understands the severe punishment for running an on-forum altcoin giveaway, he would make sure nobody would mistake his airdrop for an altcoin giveaway.

nguyenhien844

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:30:35 AM

I believe there should be a separate section for all distribution threads, but should definitely be allowed.
I strongly believe that we should have rules for distribution threads that everyone has to conform
kolugatayaa

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:21:20 AM

The volume of Giveaway spam is truly a huge number of times more prominent than the Bitcoin giveaways in the amusements and rounds area. I don't know why individuals are battling me on this one, I've been the alt coin mod for over multi year, on the off chance that anybody has a weakness for alts its me, yet I'm simply getting madly disappointed that individuals will keep up this contention. As opposed to, alright on the off chance that we need to dispose of Giveaways to keep the Alt Coin segment okay. Individuals are battling me on it, saying, no I might want to keep giveaways, at the same time losing the whole Alt Coin segment, Giveaways included...

This is a Bitcoin discussion. The Alt Coin area is with the goal that you can post a couple of critical things for your coin, and afterward guide whatever is left of the movement to your own particular gathering. I don't see whats so abhorrent about not being glad about having alt coin discussion overpowering everything else. There is an answer, and its one that we have needed from the start. Assemble broad data about your coins, all alone discussions
Oleyumi

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:41:13 PM

I concur with the choice, if it's not too much trouble the purpose of the Alt Coin segment of Bitcointalk was so you could have essential discussion about whatever coins you needed here. Things like inside and out coin support and exchange, and giveaways are obviously better off individually particular coin's gathering. Its getting way crazy here, and we felt that simply considering a tad association would help, yet the impacts of boosted posting is spamming the gathering, and its overflowing to whatever is left of the sheets.
Maame Esi Sergio

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 10:18:12 PM

Seems like a good idea. It was getting out of control and it's encouraging them even more to create and market 1000000 new cryptos that just saturate the market...

Its not just about giveaways, other bounties are shit and keeps running on this forum only to deceive people and later turn out to be scam. Bounties need to be verifie and i think that will really help.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:44:56 PM

So what people interprete and what has been told (maybe accidental, I don't know) are two different things. There was definitely no subtle advise in the task. To be awesome means, visit us and start talking, discuss there too - and it doesn't mean, spam the thread. But if someone starts with that, it might become an avalanche (as happened - so it could be seen accidental when people don't react in time) which makes no sense to the ICO too - because there is no serious discussion possible anymore. Just a counter of posts has no value - so you're right in that.
That's your opinion. I have mine. And my opinion is that this suggestion (formatted in the same way the actually paying airdrop tasks were) to visit the thread and be """awesome""" has been responsible for over a hundred pages of garbage quality content (even if it wasn't garbage quality, that'd still break the giveaway rule since incentivised posting is not allowed) and legitimate threads getting pushed down the board list.

If a user is aware of the forum's rules (which he should be) and understands the severe punishment for running an on-forum altcoin giveaway, he would make sure nobody would mistake his airdrop for an altcoin giveaway.

it's funny trying to take someone like you seriously when you are a willfull spammer with your signature! =)  ~is this a joke?

MODS should be banned from spamming.

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
nojumkel

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:49:57 AM

I don't generally post in this discussion since it escaped hand with all the crapcoin clones turning out day by day and giveaways spammed all over the place, however I'm not by any means keen on alts in any case, yet I believe there's solitary two alternatives currently: either dispose of the alt coin area by and large or make a different giveaway segment.
Fwerim

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:40:12 PM

I simply saw now every one of the strings being shut. I figure it would be decent just to have a giveaways segment so it would make the gathering more clean rather than prohibiting them the same number of us wouldn't become more acquainted with of the considerable number of coins and the giveaways are motivating forces for peeps like me who don't mine to get the word out on our social destinations for the new coins as we never realize what coin will last the entire hoard and it is a touch of fun as well. Simply my 2 bit.
chaukhoa47@gmail.com

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:44:05 AM

This is a good decision, it prevents scammers from finding more followers. I will support myself
ucsteddy

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:49:46 AM

Good news. i think its very good for me. Thanks you
Tramirostronix

Activity: 1078
Merit: 340

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:37:16 AM

I'm not sure to get something.
Giveway = airdrop ?
So we can't make an airdrop right now ? Or we have to do it on a bounty topic ?

I love XRP. XRP>BTC + DEDICACE A JULIEN le CROISE
kaushiks093

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:16:50 AM

Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.
Alexmasterbtc

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:36:19 AM

it does not matter if the user asks a question to the administrator who misinterprets the topic, and he does not respond. It's ugly, and unprofessional. He should be polite and correct, and bring to the user what he wants to hear.
geforce94

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:38:10 AM

Too many topics where been made just to promote and give coins out for people to use and try creating   lot of exposure and good vibes about coins when most where just worthless. If people want to do a give away then at least do that give-away on their own site or a place where it can be done. Maybe make a section up just for coin giveaway to keep stuff in one section and no everywhere.
brave77

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:03:58 AM

Then about 450 dudes show up pushing their way around, interrupting conversations, yelling at everyone to try their samples. Club owner gets pissed and tells them to take it outside. They can still do it, just not inside the club. Problem solved.
Alexmasterbtc

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:25:00 AM

I agree with this, the messages should be substantial, thought out, and interpreted on the topic, that would not clutter up an account with meaningless posts.
tomnguyen129

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:22:47 AM

Seems like a good idea. It was getting out of control and it's encouraging them even more to create and market 1000000 new cryptos that just saturate the market...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: