Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:34:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed  (Read 893973 times)
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 03:26:07 PM

Please unlock jarvis account dev. of honorcoin ver. 2.0 Sad he removed giveaway. thanks  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645946.0

His ban will expire in 10 more days.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rastimonac

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:33:03 PM

Please unlock jarvis account dev. of honorcoin ver. 2.0 Sad he removed giveaway. thanks  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645946.0

ok thanks but i my opinion its not fair...he didnt mean anything bad, a lot of damage has done because of that....thanks anyway for your quick responde....best of luck
ps. can you just give him opportunity to put a new link for the new topic?? please?? that will help a lot...
Fitness76

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:27:04 PM

Please unlock jarvis account dev. of honorcoin ver. 2.0 Sad he removed giveaway. thanks  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645946.0

Hi BadBear,

If you have a minute I just wanted to make sure I understand this forum rule a little better. I read most of the thread, but again wanted to make sure my understanding is correct.

Asking us to put a link or promote a coin in our signature is ok as long as it doesn't ask us to post "insubstantial" posts as well correct? Or is it any type of giveaway period, unless the giveaway instructions are on another forum or site?

From a user standpoint. We can add anything to our signature as long as we don't promote the giveaway specifically? For example if the giveaway is posted somewhere other than bitcointalk, but asks us to put the coin and our address in our signature this is ok correct?

Last thing Smiley I see "bounties" all the time. So if the coins are given to do any type of work including, other than posting on bitcointalk, that is ok as well correct?

I know I read it in several posts already, but I also feel a warning would be more fair, even with a short time frame to remove the violation before banning. I do understand and agree with the reasoning for the giveaway rules in general, just not instant banning without a chance to change the mistake, unless of course there is a history of the user ignoring the rule.

Thank you for you time and Have a Good Day

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:33:09 PM

If giveaway threads are allowed in a sub-forum where the posts do not show up in "recent topics" or "new replies", then what harm would it possibly do?

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 01:51:17 AM

Please unlock jarvis account dev. of honorcoin ver. 2.0 Sad he removed giveaway. thanks  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645946.0

Hi BadBear,

If you have a minute I just wanted to make sure I understand this forum rule a little better. I read most of the thread, but again wanted to make sure my understanding is correct.

Asking us to put a link or promote a coin in our signature is ok as long as it doesn't ask us to post "insubstantial" posts as well correct? Or is it any type of giveaway period, unless the giveaway instructions are on another forum or site?

From a user standpoint. We can add anything to our signature as long as we don't promote the giveaway specifically? For example if the giveaway is posted somewhere other than bitcointalk, but asks us to put the coin and our address in our signature this is ok correct?

Last thing Smiley I see "bounties" all the time. So if the coins are given to do any type of work including, other than posting on bitcointalk, that is ok as well correct?

I know I read it in several posts already, but I also feel a warning would be more fair, even with a short time frame to remove the violation before banning. I do understand and agree with the reasoning for the giveaway rules in general, just not instant banning without a chance to change the mistake, unless of course there is a history of the user ignoring the rule.

The most common mistake I see with signatures is stuff like "Add this to your signature then post here so I can verify", which is not allowed. You'd have to be more specific about what you mean wrt bounties, but that sounds okay.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads.

burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:45:19 PM

Hi BadBear,

The most common mistake I see with signatures is stuff like "Add this to your signature then post here so I can verify", which is not allowed. You'd have to be more specific about what you mean wrt bounties, but that sounds okay.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads.

Hello BadBear,

thanks for the explanation. I feel this 10 days ban quite too hard. Rules are rules and I like when rules get executed, but common he was not aware of it and 99% of the users here don't know that rule. It's far away from reality and I think it would be amazing if you tell him what he did wrong, cancel the ban and tell him not to do again. I am sure he will apologize to you in person and he will lead the Honorcoin Community in a good way in the future. Dialog instead of punishment.

Why I am talking from far from reality? Because I just experienced yesterday in the Cloakcoin Talk a Guy who used words like "Nazis' who gets reported by me and I am sure from other members to the moderator and who was still able to write for the next 24-48 hours. This are guys who destroy the Community Life in Bitcointalk , not a guy who takes over a Coin for the community after the 10000x Scam doing a mistake and ges banned for 10 days.

I am happy to discuss.

Cheers,

Christian
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:06:01 PM

Hi BadBear,

Hello BadBear,

thanks for the explanation. I feel this 10 days ban quite too hard. Rules are rules and I like when rules get executed, but common he was not aware of it and 99% of the users here don't know that rule. It's far away from reality and I think it would be amazing if you tell him what he did wrong, cancel the ban and tell him not to do again. I am sure he will apologize to you in person and he will lead the Honorcoin Community in a good way in the future. Dialog instead of punishment.

Why I am talking from far from reality? Because I just experienced yesterday in the Cloakcoin Talk a Guy who used words like "Nazis' who gets reported by me and I am sure from other members to the moderator and who was still able to write for the next 24-48 hours. This are guys who destroy the Community Life in Bitcointalk , not a guy who takes over a Coin for the community after the 10000x Scam doing a mistake and ges banned for 10 days.

I am happy to discuss.

Cheers,

Christian

+1000 man, well said!!

There is so much crap going on here on this forum that is being ignored everyday and that is so much worse than "giveaway spam".  Taking giveaways away altogether is really stupid I think, this is a HUGE thing in crypto and we ALL like them in some fashion or another.  How about attacking theses issues by account age and or trust.  Everyday brand new accounts are allowed to be created, these are the ones causing 99% of all the spam!

For instance, it is flat out ridiculous to allow a brand new member to launch a new coin from an account they created that day!!!!!  I bet if you look at the accounts spamming all the relentless and ridiculous giveaways in your above picture, you will find they are almost all new accounts.  People are allowed to come in a disrupt any community they want, posting lies and even death threats and we want to take away something like giveaways which is a necessity in promoting coins.  Like many others have mentioned here, this crap makes me want another forum to take over the "king of crypto" title!

Seriously, BCT is by far the biggest and best crypto forum online......but doing shit like this, that will not last for long.  Banning one of the most generous and helpful members on this forum is BAD and flat out wrong man!!  Jarvis did an AMAZING thing for this forum and its members dude........he is helping people and trying to do good by all the members here and you ban him?!

Do you not care what YOUR users want and think, do you not care EVERYONE thinks what you did to Jarivs and the HonorCoin community was wrong?!  We are all asking you to re-evaluate your decision because it was WAY too harsh when considering the man and the action that caused this!!  Personally, and I see I am definitely not alone in this.......you guys need to re-think your approach to cutting down the spam, taking giveaways altogether I think will be the death of this forum.......it may take a while as you have gained an enormous user base, but giveaways are so detrimental in promoting crypto currencies.......people WILL find a way, even if that means taking their business elsewhere!

Here is another thing to consider, this forum has MANY MANY members who can ONLY participate in certain coins that offer other means of distribution that does not involve trading or mining........giveaways offer the opportunity to bring new people to crypto and are the only way many can even participate!  I'm sorry, but this was a horrible decision and needs to be addressed in a different way!
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:31:38 PM

Badbear........may I ask........is there a proper way to run a signature campaign without risking a ban or are signature campaigns no longer allowed at all?

You thread is titled "Giveaway THREADS are not allowed", this somewhat adds to the confusion of what can and cannot be done as it suggests giveaways are allowed but cannot be the the whole topic of a thread, for example this suggest that I can do an announcement thread for a coin launch and somewhere in that thread can promote a giveaway for something like a signature campaign, but cannot start a thread just for a giveaway........but you just banned someone who did just that?

This ban was SOO damn unfair man, seriously.........it's like giving a guy a ticket for walking an old lady across the street, literally!  Dude was making a massive POSITIVE effect, people were scammed man........that scammer was allowed to post his scam here and many members lost their shirt because of this guy.  Someone steps in to help clean up that mess with the intent to help those that we scammed recover some or all of their losses, and you guys ban HIM?!  Bro, PLEASE PLEASE reconsider this action.......it's wrong!!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 09:48:32 PM

Badbear........may I ask........is there a proper way to run a signature campaign without risking a ban or are signature campaigns no longer allowed at all?

You thread is titled "Giveaway THREADS are not allowed", this somewhat adds to the confusion of what can and cannot be done as it suggests giveaways are allowed but cannot be the the whole topic of a thread, for example this suggest that I can do an announcement thread for a coin launch and somewhere in that thread can promote a giveaway for something like a signature campaign, but cannot start a thread just for a giveaway........but you just banned someone who did just that?

This ban was SOO damn unfair man, seriously.........it's like giving a guy a ticket for walking an old lady across the street, literally!  Dude was making a massive POSITIVE effect, people were scammed man........that scammer was allowed to post his scam here and many members lost their shirt because of this guy.  Someone steps in to help clean up that mess with the intent to help those that we scammed recover some or all of their losses, and you guys ban HIM?!  Bro, PLEASE PLEASE reconsider this action.......it's wrong!!
You can't start on-site alt giveaways, that includes but is not limited to giveaways in alt coin announcement threads, dedicated alt coin giveaway threads, application to IPOs by posting in the thread, distribution threads, threads in the alt coin section paying for opinions, advice or anything posted in thread, etc. Want to do an alt coin giveaway? Post it on another website or another forum (people have to apply there) and leave a link on the coin thread.

In your case, as I understood, the user was banned for breaking this part of the rule:

<...>you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.
<...>

That includes payment for the sig since the person must apply on the forum thread to get it.

BTW, the thread was made by theymos.

IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:59:59 PM

You can't start on-site alt giveaways, that includes but is not limited to giveaways in alt coin announcement threads, dedicated alt coin giveaway threads, application to IPOs by posting in the thread, distribution threads, threads in the alt coin section paying for opinions, advice or anything posted in thread, etc. Want to do an alt coin giveaway? Post it on another website or another forum (people have to apply there) and leave a link on the coin thread.

In your case, as I understood, the user was banned for breaking this part of the rule:

<...>

That includes payment for the sig since the person must apply on the forum thread to get it.

Thanks for responding bud!

Can anyone explain exactly how a dev can run a giveaway for a BCT signature campaign without getting into trouble?  It sounds like an offsite page can be created explaining the giveaway and a link to that page CAN be promoted here on the forum, either in the coin's announcement thread or via signatures......but there seems to be a grey area here.
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:16:27 AM

Hi BadBear,

Hello BadBear,

I am happy to discuss.

Cheers,

Christian

Just to clarify I don't want to say that what Jarvis did was right. I want to say he did a mistake, he will say sorry, and this thing is done. The whole community stands behind him as you can see at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711805.100

But there you can see on the last pages again someone who spams our community thread and who gets nothing. But Jarvis gets 10 days?

I am loosing a lot of faith in this board and I am not alone.

Cheers!

Please don't be to proud to say your points are right or wrong! As I said I am happy to discuss, but atm its no dialog its just follow the "strict / stupid" (My opinion)  rules.
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:05:20 AM

Hi BadBear,

Hello BadBear,

I am happy to discuss.

Cheers,

Christian

Just to clarify I don't want to say that what Jarvis did was right. I want to say he did a mistake, he will say sorry, and this thing is done. The whole community stands behind him as you can see at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711805.100

But there you can see on the last pages again someone who spams our community thread and who gets nothing. But Jarvis gets 10 days?

I am loosing a lot of faith in this board and I am not alone.

Cheers!

Please don't be to proud to say your points are right or wrong! As I said I am happy to discuss, but atm its no dialog its just follow the "strict / stupid" (My opinion)  rules.

+1!

It's really bad form I think what happened here and you have many of your own users complaining you guys made a bad call.  There is a HUGELY valid point here that is not being addressed by the forum's moderators and it's become very disturbing to many.  I am seeing "I've lost faith in BCT" type messages ALL OVER the place since this thread was posted!!  You guys were the hands of god that smacked down an angel and ignore everyone's requests to take out the little she devil that is wreaking havoc and pissing off all of your own users!

People make mistakes man, this was DEFINITELY an honest one on the part of Jarvis.......this other guy is NON STOP and irritating as all bloody hell!!  Jarvis is HELPING YOUR USERS in an IMPRESSIVE way......what sense does it make when you look at this in a wrong or right way?!  Laws and rules are typically there to protect people, your actions have done the COMPLETE opposite in this case fellas and we, as your loyal members, are asking you to consider our words and your actions in this matter.

AND PLEASE, for the love of god......ban that idiot and his IP from this forum before he costs you loyal members!!  It is assholes like this that make this place so unpleasant at times, well them and the ones that create new accounts daily to launch their scam coins!  Think ya'll should consider putting some restriction of who can do launch announcements as well, this is becoming a HUGE problem here every single day!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 11:17:50 AM

<...>

Can anyone explain exactly how a dev can run a giveaway for a BCT signature campaign without getting into trouble?  It sounds like an offsite page can be created explaining the giveaway and a link to that page CAN be promoted here on the forum, either in the coin's announcement thread or via signatures......but there seems to be a grey area here.

1. Make a website / make an account on another forum.
2. Write in that site/forum that you will pay some amount of coin X if they put a sig in their Bitcointalk profile.
3. Tell them they can apply to that sig campaign by entering the BCT username and their wallet address into the form you've made on that site or by posting their BCT username and their address on that other forum.
4. Put a link to that giveaway on the thread.

Alternative way (if the giveaway is a part of a coin ANN):

1. On the coin announcement thread on BCT tell people that they can get coins for putting a signature in their profile.
2. Tell them they have to send you a PM with their coin address.
3. DO NOT credit anyone posting their address or applying by posting on the thread. Report such posts to the moderators.

These methods I just explained don't require that much hassle (especially the alternative one), don't break the rules and don't cause spam.

IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:23:53 PM

This ban was SOO damn unfair man, seriously.........it's like giving a guy a ticket for walking an old lady across the street, literally!  Dude was making a massive POSITIVE effect, people were scammed man........that scammer was allowed to post his scam here and many members lost their shirt because of this guy.  Someone steps in to help clean up that mess with the intent to help those that we scammed recover some or all of their losses, and you guys ban HIM?!  Bro, PLEASE PLEASE reconsider this action.......it's wrong!!

<...>

Can anyone explain exactly how a dev can run a giveaway for a BCT signature campaign without getting into trouble?  It sounds like an offsite page can be created explaining the giveaway and a link to that page CAN be promoted here on the forum, either in the coin's announcement thread or via signatures......but there seems to be a grey area here.

1. Make a website / make an account on another forum.
2. Write in that site/forum that you will pay some amount of coin X if they put a sig in their Bitcointalk profile.
3. Tell them they can apply to that sig campaign by entering the BCT username and their wallet address into the form you've made on that site or by posting their BCT username and their address on that other forum.
4. Put a link to that giveaway on the thread.

Alternative way (if the giveaway is a part of a coin ANN):

1. On the coin announcement thread on BCT tell people that they can get coins for putting a signature in their profile.
2. Tell them they have to send you a PM with their coin address.
3. DO NOT credit anyone posting their address or applying by posting on the thread. Report such posts to the moderators.

These methods I just explained don't require that much hassle (especially the alternative one), don't break the rules and don't cause spam.

Hi, my account "MUE" got banned, and, having actually taking some time to read the rules, I clearly violated the whole "giveaway" rule.
Hands up to that one, totally my mistake.

A user did post mentioning that wallet addresses weren't allowed to be published in threads, at which point I amended the ANN to say "please PM me your MUE wallet details for the early adopter reward", however I did acknowledge and pay several users who had posted their wallet address (I didn't think I would have to report their post).

If someone would be kind enough, and so I don't make another mistake, excluding the references to the early adopter reward, would the following be "allowed" as an ANN in the altcoin announcement section?

Many thanks

http://www.monetaryunit.org/launch/

Damn man, sorry you got banned.  Hoped I had warned you in time!  In case you didn't know I believe the ban on your account will be lifted in 10 days.
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:18:04 PM

Damn man, sorry you got banned.  Hoped I had warned you in time!  In case you didn't know I believe the ban on your account will be lifted in 10 days.
Totally my fault.
Hopefully I can get it lifted sooner than that, but more importantly I want to re-release the ANN, making sure it is "ratified".
I spent a not insignificant amount of time responding to posts etc and I don't want to have that happen again.

Unfortunately I highly doubt they will lift sooner than 10 days, this thread is jam packed with people complaining of a similar ban to a person that was unjustly banned for almost the same exact thing.  They seem to be very tight about this new policy and are not budging on it even with MANY of their users saying it was flat out wrong.

Hope I'm wrong in your case though man, I know you did not have mal intent or broke the rules intentionally.
rastimonac

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:31:46 PM

What about honor coin 2.0?Huh and jarvis account? Ban. has expired! Thanks
rastimonac

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:03:23 AM

Hello Badbear, can you answer please??? thanks
rastimonac

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

man its not cool not to answer just cancel the ban. please thanks
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:37:31 PM

Jarivs's account is still banned?  When was it supposed to expire, a few days ago right?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 10:37:46 AM

It expired yesterday.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: