Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:02:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The best wallet for cryptocurrency storage  (Read 553 times)
tanvir232

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:06:21 PM

For having longterm and secured store, I would definitely use paper wallet. I think this one is easy and risk free almost in my opinion. However, for short term usage, you can use qt wallet which can also be used as long term. Don't forget to back up the wallet.dat file and private key.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:07:33 PM

Eidoo if you are looking for erc 20 tokens to be on mobile touch screen.
If you want other non erc 20 altcoins also then i would suggest you to use exodus.
siorapokk
Copper Member

Activity: 190
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:09:30 PM

I prefer just a regular MEW wallet because it is the most user friendly wallet. And if you are careful about your private key, there should be no hacking problems at all. But if you want to be more safe, get a Ledger cold wallet.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:25:49 PM

I prefer just a regular MEW wallet because it is the most user friendly wallet. And if you are careful about your private key, there should be no hacking problems at all. But if you want to be more safe, get a Ledger cold wallet.

I prefer the Ledger Nano S with MyCrypto as Interface.

https://wallet.kaspersky.com/  -  This may also be interesting (in future).
I will prefer trezor rather than nano ledger, It will even better to use mycrypto desktop wallet rather than the online wallet. The desktop wallet will always provide a better security. A lot of people that used even only mycrypto desktop wallet never had any problem with it and all of things are running smoothly.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:41:22 PM

To those that are suggesting MEW, yes it may be supporting a lot of ERC20 coins but that's not the best wallet for multicurrency.

- Ledger nano s
- Trezor

These are the best wallet for multicurrency wallet and they are both hardware wallet.
BTCreward

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:44:23 PM

I use MyEtherWalet and so far I have had no problems with it. I also bought a hardware wallet Trezor and store on it larger amounts, as all the same security is important.

KRAUSS

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:48:25 PM

The best is steel card with your private key and password or paper wallet. But that is not comfortable )) So Trezor, as per my mind and MyEtherWallet..
Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:52:21 PM

Exodus is a very good multi cryptocurrency wallet and it's also safe. Most important for me is in Exodus, it's free to use. Compared Trezor or Ledger are safer but also cost a load of money and are only profitable if you have many coins.
For normal use Exodus is a good choice.

Smiley Smiley
RoftheN

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:53:39 PM

The best wallet for storing cryptocurrencies have always been the hardware wallets like trezor or nano ledger, they are the safest since the coins are basically stored away from the internet which means that they are not prone to hacks, The only thing you have to worry about as an investor is to make sure that the recovery seed is kept somewhere that no one else can reach
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:33:13 PM

I recommend a hardware wallet. Provides a better protection of your personal data and coins and is more practical, easier to use. The best-known hardware wallet is the Ledger wallet. It is the most used and has many tokens that you can store, so it makes it a complete wallet. If you do not want to invest money in a hardware wallet, you can store the tokens in the MEW. MEW is the safest online wallet crypto. The transaction speed on MEW is very good and you can enjoy many erc20 token.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:52:18 PM

I think the best wallet is a totally disconnected laptop that you use for a cold wallet, a laptop that you only use with your encrypted keys and only use as a backup, of course, most wallets are hackable, because no matter how many sophisticated systems we add, there will always be the human factor, which defies all odds.

Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:52:43 PM

My god, one guy talks about hadith, and the responder talks about blockbuster. Are we all in this forum now being held ransom to bots or shitposters, or am I being too harsh?
They might not have know. Perhaps they just need to be well informed. That is why it has always been said that there is a place of learning before engaging in anything, most especially when it comes to cryptocurrency.
There are good multi cryptocurrency wallets for those who might need such. Examples of one of them are Coinomi, Trezor, Jazz, Exodus, Keepkey, Celeri
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:20:10 PM

To those that are suggesting MEW, yes it may be supporting a lot of ERC20 coins but that's not the best wallet for multicurrency.

- Ledger nano s
- Trezor

These are the best wallet for multicurrency wallet and they are both hardware wallet.
MyCrypto, MEW , ... are just User-Interfaces which can be used with your private-key or a hardware-wallet (which stores your private-key).
Accessing your hardware wallet can be done directly there even without using MEW.

I think the best wallet is a totally disconnected laptop that you use for a cold wallet, a laptop that you only use with your encrypted keys and only use as a backup, of course, most wallets are hackable, because no matter how many sophisticated systems we add, there will always be the human factor, which defies all odds.
Same with paper wallets and this what I've done before when I still don't have my nano s but now that I have it, I transferred all my funds to my hardware wallet and its convenient to me. No problems at all.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:33:02 AM

In General, how do you think it is better to store the already released cryptocurrency in which wallet? Not the drops to collect, I'm not talking about myetherwallet, namely hadith. It is desirable to have a multicurrency one. What is your experience?

I think there is no better wallet for storing multiple cryptocurrency than a cold wallet.
myetherwallet is only for ethereum, it is just an eth wallet. If you use hard wallet such as ledger, i think you will be able to store many crypto coins there without afraid to getting hacked easily.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
btccointalk

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:51:00 AM

In my opinion, hardware wallet is the best wallet for cryptocurrency storage.

Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:13:54 AM

I have not tried for any wallet , but for me I considered myetherwallet the best wallet , if you only follow the wallet provider important reminders about your wallet safety ,then it will be good enough for this kind of wallet, the myetherwallet .

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
brenzosa

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/YHngU9x

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:18:20 AM

if myetherwallet does not suits you, you can find other alternatives available online.  choose the one who doesn't store your wallet private keys on their server but will be delivered to you upon wallet creation.  this will be alot safer since hackers cannot steal your money even if they hacked into the server as they don't have private key.  you must be responsible to store the private key as your funds will be lost if you lost your private keys.
Yabuy92

Activity: 396

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 12:58:21 PM

In General, how do you think it is better to store the already released cryptocurrency in which wallet? Not the drops to collect, I'm not talking about myetherwallet, namely hadith. It is desirable to have a multicurrency one. What is your experience?
the best crypto storage on a Blockhain site or hardware since storage of devices is expensive unless you have a lot of money to buy it or for example you have BTC which is much safer to buy hardware

Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 01:26:32 PM

I think MyEtherWallet is still one of the best cryptocurrency wallets in the cryptocurrency space, the only thing you have to do is to make sure you protect your private key, however you can create one wallet for each token have have to be on the safer side.

dcomomal
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:30:35 PM

The best way is to divide your funds between different wallets. I am using five MEW wallets and seven exchanges, where I am hodling all my coins. The more wallets, the less is the opportunity of being hacked, scammed or tricked.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: