Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:27:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BETARIGS.COM - Cryptocurrency cloud mining - thousands of rigs available!  (Read 200955 times)
jro238

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:01:08 AM

To manifest23 (rig #33):

I couldn't find you under that name on the forum but rig 33 is currently getting something close to 50% rejects and keeps failing over onto my backup pool.  I have double checked the rig itself but it is completely stable on middlecoin (my backup pool) so I have to conclude that it is a problem with your pool.  You may want to check into this.

Rejects are still rather high. Seems like the block speed of whatever you are mining is super short, but I'm not constantly failing over anymore.

Happy mining!
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
int3ractivodular

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:17:51 AM

Got my 3 MH rig up and available for rent! Extremely stable and no downtime in months.
claygraffix

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:22:54 AM

Same here, 3MH/s listed. 

Question on the cgminer stuff.  Can I have my own failover in place for the times its not rented?  Based on the how-to it looks like that would be fine but I didn't see it addresses anywhere.

Thanks
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:26:05 AM

Same here, 3MH/s listed.  

Question on the cgminer stuff.  Can I have my own failover in place for the times its not rented?  Based on the how-to it looks like that would be fine but I didn't see it addresses anywhere.

Thanks

Set the failover in the betarigs control panel

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:28:08 AM

<Snip>

Also the pool's vardiff is sending difficulty 1024 work for a 0.xxxx difficulty coin which is a recipe for failure.

Me and the roommate had a chuckle at that one Smiley

It does make you wonder. I have a different rig where the pool's vardiff implementation is setting the required work difficulty as high as 4K+ for a difficulty 9 coin  Shocked

I thought it might be something off in the CGMiner display, but nope:

Connected to <removed>.rigs.eu.betarigs.com diff 4.23K with stratum as user <removed>
 Block: bb162031...  Diff:9  Started: [22:26:05]  Best share: 10.4M

[2014-01-29 22:26:05] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-01-29 22:26:08] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 4226.383859

Ouch.
PappaSniff

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:29:21 AM

How long does it take to receive the confirmation email after registering? It has been a few hours now..
Walking Glitch

Activity: 252

Amateur Professional

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:31:01 AM

How long does it take to receive the confirmation email after registering? It has been a few hours now..

This^ I am still awaiting my email. I signed up with the username "thewalkingglitch" if it helps.
jro238

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:33:01 AM

This^ I am still awaiting my email. I signed up with the username "thewalkingglitch" if it helps.

make sure to check spam folder...a lot of people seem to be having issues with this
Neon001

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:33:43 AM

Great service, thanks to Mux.  When you start charging, are there any plans on advertising for this?  I can't help but feel that the popularity on the forum here is drawing the leasing crowd and not the renting crowd.  Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I see this quickly getting to a ultra competitive venture amongst a very large crowd of folks without a healthy group of speculators fueling it.

Either way, the only harm it's currently doing to simply have a rig available is that I effectively can't set a failover for my primary "fallback" pool, so I certainly can't complain!  Either way, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how this could continue to grow and prosper.  
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:41:39 AM

<Snip>

Either way, the only harm it's currently doing to simply have a rig available is that I effectively can't set a failover for my primary "fallback" pool, so I certainly can't complain!  Either way, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how this could continue to grow and prosper.  

I'm not sure if you can add multiple --failover-only parameters to the command line, but if you start CGMiner by passing a .conf file rather than passing everything as command line arguments, you can have as many failover pools as you like. I currently have 12 in my conf files, primarily for ease of switching between coins during the day but also so that I'm assured my rigs will always be productive.

Here's a good guide: http://www.lurkmore.com/wiki/Cgminer.conf

You can enter as many pools as you want into the appropriate section of the file, and CGMiner will use them in the priority entered. Should you want to switch to a different pool, you can simply press "P" -> "S" from the CGMiner interface and choose which pool to switch to. It will then become priority 0 until CGMiner is restarted.
Walking Glitch

Amateur Professional

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:53:31 AM

make sure to check spam folder...a lot of people seem to be having issues with this

Nope, my email has not received anything in the past few hours.

EDIT: I should add, I use my own email, so I set the rules for the spam folder, and this wouldn't show up in the spam folder anyways, defense right now is an entropy-check on the content, and a manual blacklist of senders and keyword searches through the content, of which I have 1 sender blocked.

Also, as the above should imply, I know what I am doing, so it is not misconfigured either.
jro238

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:04:49 AM

EDIT: I should add, I use my own email, so I set the rules for the spam folder, and this wouldn't show up in the spam folder anyways, defense right now is an entropy-check on the content, and a manual blacklist of senders and keyword searches through the content, of which I have 1 sender blocked.

Also, as the above should imply, I know what I am doing, so it is not misconfigured either.

haha fair enough...maybe try a different email?  I had a msg go through on my yahoo address.
Neon001

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:11:08 AM

<Snip>

I'm not sure if you can add multiple --failover-only parameters to the command line, but if you start CGMiner by passing a .conf file rather than passing everything as command line arguments, you can have as many failover pools as you like. I currently have 12 in my conf files, primarily for ease of switching between coins during the day but also so that I'm assured my rigs will always be productive.

Here's a good guide: http://www.lurkmore.com/wiki/Cgminer.conf

Thanks for the tip!  I've shied away from .conf files for too long now, but this gives me the first good reason to man up and learn the ins and outs.  I'm putting together another couple rigs and I'd like to use BAMT, which I believe doesn't use command line, so this'll be a good learning experience.
efarah2549

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:13:35 AM

Great service, thanks to Mux.  When you start charging, are there any plans on advertising for this?  I can't help but feel that the popularity on the forum here is drawing the leasing crowd and not the renting crowd.  Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I see this quickly getting to a ultra competitive venture amongst a very large crowd of folks without a healthy group of speculators fueling it.

Advertise on /r/dogecoin on reddit, that will bring in the renters
Walking Glitch

Amateur Professional

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:14:23 AM

haha fair enough...maybe try a different email?  I had a msg go through on my yahoo address.

I don't feel like using a different username, and I don't want to connect yet another thing with my gmail which I am in the process of moving away from along with all other google products before I get scroogled. (Not I'm not a microshit fanboy either, I'm not a fan of being micro-shafted Wink.)
dnic24

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:22:16 AM

Good service mux - So the rig i lease had a card go down - i contacted the owner and he confirmed that a card went down and that he would refund me the difference in what i paid for and what he delivered - is this something he can do or do you need to do this - I have the conversation if you need it.

Also there should be a way to send support tickets without having to reply to this thread
AspireMining

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:23:37 AM

Just finished my first rental and it worked great!

A few comments from a renters perspective (I didn't go through the whole thread so these may have already come up):

1) nice to have a past transactions page. It took me a while this morning to track down who I rented from and how long I had left.

2) can you set up a failover pool? I would be hesitant to rent an expensive rig for a long period without one.

3) an ability for past renters to comment on the rig they rented (and the ability for the owner to respond).

On that last note, I rented from AspireMining and it went smoothly, with advertised hash rates, etc.

Really excellent for such a new site!

Cheers

Thanks for renting one of my rigs blahdeda. I'm glad everything went smoothly and you're happy Smiley I appreciate the feedback!

If you get a moment could you please post your feedback in my reputation thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=439752.0

Regards,
AspireMining @ BetaRigs.com
jro238

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:33:15 AM

I don't feel like using a different username, and I don't want to connect yet another thing with my gmail which I am in the process of moving away from along with all other google products before I get scroogled. (Not I'm not a microshit fanboy either, I'm not a fan of being micro-shafted Wink.)

You'll probably have the best luck msging mux directly then...he'll probably be able to solve it for you  Smiley
baghtal

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:11:22 AM

Another person waiting for a confirmation e-mail.   hotmail.com address this time.

Thanks for looking into it Mux  Cheesy
efarah2549

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:30:27 AM

I'm getting huge variance from these miners.  It would be nice if you had some sort of contact with the owner and if there was some type of rep system.  

I rented a 1400 kh/s from bloodybetarigs which isn't going above even 1Mh/s and another miner I was renting cut to half speed for half an hour.

At the rate they are charging it there shouldn't be any less than advertised.

Over 1 hour (1/3 of contract time) and fastest the 1400Kh/s miner from bloodbetarigs went is 900Kh/s.  Coinmine Rig #2, Mining Rig #219
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: