Bitcoin Forum
December 08, 2016, 06:34:03 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions on trading.  (Read 432 times)
makko

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 07:37:00 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm going to get into a bit of trading on MTGOX and TradeHill. I just have a few questions.

How is commision charged? Example:

I have $10 in my trading account and want to buy 1BTC for $8. If commission is %10 does this mean i'll be left with $1.20 in my trading account. Also, when you place an order does MTGox/TradeHill take hold of the value of the transaction + commission until the order is executed or cancelled?

Are the tickers for TradeHill and MTGOx live? And how often are they updated by the exchange?

Also, if I get a quote for a price and place an order for that price what are the chances it will be executed immediately? I know liquidity/volumes come into it but say it was just 1BTC? Generally would remain steady for a few moments around the ticker quote or would it already have changed by the time I have received the quote and placed my order?

Thanks in advance..Smiley

Too lazy for a fancy sig.. Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.