Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:12:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flexible Smartwatch  (Read 1142 times)
bonbon (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:18:25 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 01:07:18 PM by bonbon

I am Bonam, Working on a fully flexible Smart Watch for the last 6 months.

It is the First ever Flexible SmartWatch: www.irisgear.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thyatis

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:02:40 PM

Couple of days back I posted in 'Goods' sub forum and got 6 pre-orders from some amazing people. link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432915.msg4747521#msg4747521

I am Bonam, Working on a fully flexible Smart Watch for the last 6 months.

It is the First ever Flexible SmartWatch: www.irisgear.com

During the last 6 months I was working on this new and exciting Flexible Smartwatch.

Now we have a prototype and manufacturing lined up. We need to order more engineering samples to do the miniaturization of electronics and testing for robustness.

Pre-orders for this awesome technology would help propel our work and launch a Kickstarter campaign in February.

Fully featured:
Mobile notifications,
Voice commands,
Heart rate monitoring,
Fitness and sleep pattern tracking.

Biggest advantage is its Battery life: 600mAh battery, 3-6 weeks on standard fitness tracking usage, 5-9 days on heavy bluetooth, notifications and backlight usage. (tested on various bluetooth connections)

Compatible with all notifications and apps from Anrdoid 2.3+, Iphone 4S+ and Windows phone 8

(More: It has a 9Degree of Freedom motion sensor and can track sleep patterns. Along with heart rate monitor, tracking steps taken, calories burnt with specific exercises, this will be a complete device for fitness. These graphs will be shown in full wide screen on wrist. It doesnt have glass components or hard casing, making it comfortable to wear even during sleep unlike other watches/Smartwatches.
Also can control google music app, and all notifications in ios, android, on the move)

Ask me any questions you have and help us to launch this product like never before, by pre-ordering this interesting piece of work.

Pre-orders:
$199 or 0.249 BTC
and free shipping for first 20 as gratitude for support.

Retail Price: $269, June 2014

Bonam Seshagiri Rao
IRIS Gear LTD, London, UK
Reg: 8660038

I like this, but do you have a working prototype?

My Reputation information   | [/color]
Contact Information -  Google Talk & Email - thyatis@thyatis.com |
bonbon (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:13:31 PM

yup the videos

2 working prototypes, functional with motion sensor, micro controller, battery. only casing is pending and its just a matter of some 3d printing n other tools.. will update soon

jan 2014: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7k6-MqgfJ8

november 2013: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FC3rue84nI

we have ambitious goals and you can get a this early price of $199, ill bear the shipping. (the first 100 production run will cost us $300 but we will take the cut for early adoptors who support us all the way. anytime we will refund if you change your mind. looking for proof of demand now!)
Thyatis

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:26:54 PM

yup the videos

2 working prototypes, functional with motion sensor, micro controller, battery. only casing is pending and its just a matter of some 3d printing n other tools.. will update soon

jan 2014: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7k6-MqgfJ8

november 2013: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FC3rue84nI

we have ambitious goals and you can get a this early price of $199, ill bear the shipping. (the first 100 production run will cost us $300 but we will take the cut for early adoptors who support us all the way. anytime we will refund if you change your mind. looking for proof of demand now!)

So i watched that video and I am going to be honest, the watch image seems photoshopped.

I love this design,  why aren't you just going to kickstarter, now you have a prototype etc?

bonbon (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:35:35 PM

not at all Photoshopped, its straight forward recording... We need to do a well thoughtout video campaign for kickstarter, and get the smartwatch to a more finished design by miniaturization of our circuits. Now we need to order more engineering samples, for which I am looking for funding. I am paying for two developers and also all the suppliers. Exhausted i must say.

Pre-orders in bitcoin is testing grounds for buyer reactions and raising funds for the kickstarter campaign. first impression of video and the pitch are very important and we dont want to risk it with half preparedness.

Thyatis

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:37:03 PM

We need to do a well thoughtout video campaign for kickstarter, and get the smartwatch to a more finished design by miniaturization of our circuits. Now we need to order more engineering samples, for which I am looking for funding. I am paying for two developers and also all the suppliers. Exhausted i must say.

Pre-orders in bitcoin is testing grounds for buyer reactions and raising funds for the kickstarter campaign. first impression of video and the pitch are very important and we dont want to risk it with half preparedness.

The bit coin is full of scams that is the problem you have.

bonbon (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:41:14 PM

The bit coin is full of scams that is the problem you have.

I know right.., but I have an amazing product with months of work behind it, and am a real startup with registration and vat number. I can meet people in London, and sell to them when they look at the Smartwatch. There is a lot on the line for me, and I am offering an early bird price, seriously at a loss because I need to push some supplier payments this week.

All you may buy in to, today is the unique smartwatch, that we want to accomplish.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:59:53 PM

Wow these look great!  Grin
Where did you source your screen technology?
I can't wait to get a bit of BTC to invest.

bonbon (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:04:39 PM

Wow these look great!  Grin
Where did you source your screen technology?
I can't wait to get a bit of BTC to invest.

Thanks for the appreciation..

display from E-ink technology, and it would be an awesome start for us, if you wanna buy

We will have customized finishing and swappable wristbands. The first few watches are really special for us and our supporters.
Thyatis

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 04:26:58 PM

I am going to put it out there, I am willing to test a prototype and give a bitcointalk forum review and push it if it works.  If i also recieve a working prototype (will sign ndas) i will also pay for it after i receive it.

bonbon (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:32:32 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 07:31:16 PM by bonbon

I am going to put it out there, I am willing to test a prototype and give a bitcointalk forum review and push it if it works.  If i also recieve a working prototype (will sign ndas) i will also pay for it after i receive it.

sure, very welcome. drop me an email at seshu.bonam@gmail.com, Ill ping you when we can ship you an early production unit. (Just one, because we cant afford more atm)

The prototypes we have right now cost us $800 each, and we could afford only two right now. So when I have more funds, ill send you one to test. Where do you live??
Thyatis

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 04:33:27 PM

I am going to put it out there, I am willing to test a prototype and give a bitcointalk forum review and push it if it works.  If i also recieve a working prototype (will sign ndas) i will also pay for it after i receive it.

sure, very welcome. drop me an email at seshu.bonam@gmail.com, Ill ping you when we can ship you an early production unit.

The prototypes we have right now cost us 800Pounds each, and we could afford only two right now. So when I have more funds, ill send you one to test. Where do you live??

I am in Florida America.

bonbon (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:36:17 PM

sure, very welcome. drop me an email at seshu.bonam@gmail.com, Ill ping you when we can ship you an early production unit.

The prototypes we have right now cost us 800Pounds each, and we could afford only two right now. So when I have more funds, ill send you one to test. Where do you live??

I am in Florida America.

We can do that.. so ill keep you posted with progress and ship you a prototype in end of february, when we make them with full finishing. thank you !! Smiley
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:21:30 PM

You could send it to me as well if that's easier for you. I live in Holland so that would save you shipping fees + customs forms.

I recently bought a smartwatch so I could review yours and compare it to a current gen smartwatch.

Edit: recently bought the SmartQ Z watch.
bonbon (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:31:39 PM

You could send it to me as well if that's easier for you. I live in Holland so that would save you shipping fees + customs forms.

I recently bought a smartwatch so I could review yours and compare it to a current gen smartwatch.

Edit: recently bought the SmartQ Z watch.

Thanks for your support, but also think how I can afford as a startup. If you can pre-order, its available at a reduced price of $199, compared to what I'll sell it at launch $269. The components we are using are quite expensive and one of their kind. think of us as a startup and there is only little we can afford right now. if you pay a little we can do the rest of work for you.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:35:29 PM

I was talking about sending it to Holland instead of sending it to the US (to save you costs/effort). I totally understand you can't afford to randomly send out prototypes Grin.

My preorder is coming soon. I am really excited from what I've seen so far.
bonbon (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:38:36 PM

I was talking about sending it to Holland instead of sending it to the US (to save you costs/effort). I totally understand you can't afford to randomly send out prototypes Grin.

I got that, but that guy is expecting one, so i wont disappoint him. Also for your Pre-order, Ill send it as early as we have first five units and then replace it with a finished one in May. Smiley
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:49:05 PM

I got that, but that guy is expecting one, so i wont disappoint him. Also for your Pre-order, Ill send it as early as we have first five units and then replace it with a finished one in May. Smiley

No problem man. Just here to help. I will spread the word about the watch. I have the feeling it'll become a huge success after you launch a Kickstarter!
bonbon (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:54:06 PM

No problem man. Just here to help. I will spread the word about the watch. I have the feeling it'll become a huge success after you launch a Kickstarter!

Thanks for your kind words. I'm a fan of steve jobs and this minimalist design will be dedicated to him

mameise

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:33:25 PM

Well even if i am still not sure what i should think about the fact that i did not hear anything about it yet, i bought 2 watches. So i give you my trust and i hope it will be worth it. If this is real and you get things working and finally start a kickstarter, i am also sure it will top your thinkings. This watch has something special... even if its not full of hardware like other watches, i think this could be the fact why it can become something really big. It could become a wanted design accessory. I just think of different designs this watch can take on. You can make a nice "wallpaper" with your own design to make people looking at it and say: wow, what the hell is that nice bracelett.

I work at a cell phone operator and showed around today. They all want to be kept updated as soon as i get more news. So if you can bring it up and are looking for higher amounts to sell we could arrange something maybe. Really looking forward. Would love to sell them in our stores.
bonbon (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:35:43 PM

Well even if i am still not sure what i should think about the fact that i did not hear anything about it yet, i bought 2 watches. So i give you my trust and i hope it will be worth it. If this is real and you get things working and finally start a kickstarter, i am also sure it will top your thinkings. This watch has something special... even if its not full of hardware like other watches, i think this could be the fact why it can become something really big. It could become a wanted design accessory. I just think of different designs this watch can take on. You can make a nice "wallpaper" with your own design to make people looking at it and say: wow, what the hell is that nice bracelett.

I work at a cell phone operator and showed around today. They all want to be kept updated as soon as i get more news. So if you can bring it up and are looking for higher amounts to sell we could arrange something maybe. Really looking forward. Would love to sell them in our stores.

Thanks for the trust, You will end up with the best smartwatch or your bitcoin back. your 2 orders was a real booster and you know it! cheers!!

I only get to work on such interesting projects once in lifetime, so I will make sure I pull it off well. and look forward to developments and kickstarter.
bonbon (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:35:29 AM

Unbelievable! Thanks to member: whirlpool !  Grin

Just received a Loan for 1.5BTC from Forum member Whirlpool, It is the best deed and boon for the startup at this early stage. Also agreed to increase loan to 2BTC in next couple of days

Terms are to payback with a 12.5% interest within Two months, and make a first installment after one month to keep risk low. And any added gifts of smartwatches are welcomed.

View the transaction ID: https://blockchain.info/tx/e798226d1e46a80123c2dd76c24c08a2fb2b208a1296e39282e88f700e539c65

such wow
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: