Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:39:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rare Tribal Art(Dhokra) for Sale  (Read 3683 times)
BTCIndia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:10:15 PM

Dhokra (also spelt Dokra) is non–ferrous metal casting using the lost-wax casting technique is an ancient folk. This sort of metal casting has been used in India for over 4,000 years and is still used. One of the earliest known lost wax artefacts is the dancing girl of Mohenjo-daro. Some say it originated at the time of the Sumarian Culture in 2000 BC at the Indus Valley. Indeed many an expert see in it traces of pre-metal works in bamboo and cane. Today, practised by artisans who live in the vicinity of the Vindhyas and the Eastern Ghats, in and around Bihar, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal, these crafts continue to represent the culture, belief and tradition of their remarkable craftsmen and the place they call home. Called by different names depending on the region that they move around in, these artisans, be it the Dhokras, Ghantrars or the Ghoruas have for countless years created fascinating metalwork Dhokra horses, elephants, peacocks, owls, religious images, measuring bowls, and lamp caskets etc., are highly appreciated.  Their way of life has been a difficult one, for they represent a section of the community with no land and no steady income. Leading a nomadic life, their craft has been the most enduring aspect of their existence. With invention of Bitcoin, I see a new hope to uplift them. Therefore, I’ve started selling here before I develop ‘Silk Road’ like website. (For complete story: Read thread...I'm writing it right now)

Price at request.   Just send me Art number

I’ve included collage of few products here. If you’re captivated by any particular product and wish to buy them, please free to ask me more photographs and details (Length, breath, height, weight) of particular product. More products can be found here(http://www.flickr.com/photos/115640716@N07/) for people interested in buying Dhokra Art. If ‘Member’ ranking doesn't help then, I can help you with diligence through documentation required.

I’d love to answer any questions you have.

Thanks & Regards,
BTCIndia

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCIndia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:37:25 PM

Brochure at request!

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O