Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:50:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Myetherwallet and Metamask  (Read 278 times)
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:18:48 AM

I dont understand why they must be combined. I also want to know how to combine them

Metamask is one thing that we need to connect myetherwallet to any exchange site to sell and buy coins, and the same time metamask is the other type of security of Myethewallet.

Metamask is very easy to use, just download it in your chrome extension and follow the simple instruction. Good luck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1615

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 01:22:59 AM

Because you don't want to give your private key to MEW when connecting to it. MEW is arguably the best way to transact in ETH and ERC-20 tokens, but in case it gets hacked /

phished / keylogged whatever, you are adding another layer of security via Metamask, with which it already is easier to connect to MEW, so it's a Win Win

INNOVATIVE BIORESEARCH

Activity: 340
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 01:25:46 AM

Accessing MEW from the website is dangerous. It's much safer to access MEW imported into Metamask. Better yet, use an hardware wallet to access MEW. But, the reason not use use Metamask own ETH walltet for Tokens is that it still does not have an UI to move Tokens.
INNOVATIVE BIORESEARCH

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 01:32:24 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2018, 01:51:46 AM by INNOVATIVE BIORESEARCH

their is no way to combine your account  metamask to myetherwallet because they are different system but they are same erc-20 all you have to do is to send your token from metamask to myetherwallet or myetherwallet to metamask you or you should keep your token from both of that wallet but you need some gas fee if you want to transfer from one to another

Sorry, this is simply not possible. Metamask DOES NOT HAVE an UI to move Tokens. Once you import Tokens into the Metamaks own ETH wallet, they are stuck in there forever unti they will implement an UI to move them our of your wallet. Sometimes I am amazed by the amount of wrong information I read here.

What you want to do is using Metamask as a means to access MEW. For moving your Tokens, you can use Metamask to access MEW from the website (so you don't give away your private keys) and once you are logged in, you can move your Tokens. Better yet, use an hardware wallet such as Trezor to access MEW.

sangkler11

Activity: 406
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:22:23 AM

I dont understand why they must be combined. I also want to know how to combine them
because if only use metamask how to send token or ethereum ??
we still need myetherwallet to make transactions, so if you want to open the wallet we do not need to use private key, just connect to metamask only.
I think this way is safer than entering using private key.
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 05:59:21 AM

Myetherwallet and Metamask is both an erc20 wallet. Myetherwallet not only supports ethereum but it also supports storing erc20 altcoin in its wallet. While metamask supports only pure ethereum. They will update soon to support erc20 tokens. But the security of metamask is very good. You can combine Myethereum into metamask to ensure that you are not being targeted by a phishing attack.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
INNOVATIVE BIORESEARCH

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 07:42:07 AM

because if only use metamask how to send token or ethereum ??
we still need myetherwallet to make transactions, so if you want to open the wallet we do not need to use private key, just connect to metamask only.
I think this way is safer than entering using private key.

You can use Metamask own ETH wallet to send ether.
INNOVATIVE BIORESEARCH

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 07:45:21 AM

Myetherwallet and Metamask is both an erc20 wallet. Myetherwallet not only supports ethereum but it also supports storing erc20 altcoin in its wallet. While metamask supports only pure ethereum. They will update soon to support erc20 tokens. But the security of metamask is very good. You can combine Myethereum into metamask to ensure that you are not being targeted by a phishing attack.

This is wrong. Metamask already supports ER20 Tokens. But you can only visualize them, and there is no option to move them. So for now the best way to use Metamask is to import MEW into Metamask.
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:01:54 AM

Both of them supports ERC20 coins, some combining it because MetaMask has more security than MEW. The only way to access MEW is thru .dat file or Private key which is easy to be compromised if you get phished however if u use metamask it will provide more security than mew.
hihitao46

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:22:19 PM

This two wallet is not so different while you use Myetherwallet in Metamask also but Metamask is only limited to your browser, which is more secure. Also, it will be safe to open your Myetherwallet through Metamask to get extra security.
srmecdes

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:24:33 PM

My priority is absolutely myetherwallet but I will try metamask cause of I heard a lot of thing in forum. Maybe I can edit my post after trying.
TeraBitHoven

Activity: 143

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:30:26 PM

Metamask is used to protect your tokens in myetherwallet from phishing. Because the wallet address is changed when you use metamask, which is more secure. It also acts as a back up wallet.
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:53:23 PM

actually metamask and myetherwallet how it works the same, only one that distinguishes it with its security. compared to myetherwallet, metamask it is more secure. because when we will go to the new website and phishing is indicated (fraud) usually metamask will prevent us from transacting on the website. so now many people are moving from myetherwallet to metamask. but, frankly according to my personal views both are good to use. it depends on what people want to use.
INNOVATIVE BIORESEARCH

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 05:55:59 PM

My priority is absolutely myetherwallet but I will try metamask cause of I heard a lot of thing in forum. Maybe I can edit my post after trying.

When you import MEW into Metamask, you are adding a layer of protection to your wallet.
kulsuma

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 02:12:53 AM

Myetherwallet & Meata mask is mainly work for ETH based on this when any company works in joint venture that time the company always get more profit and strong based on this they also good at ERC20  token based on this they will be provide more benefits and security to their customers.

BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:17:59 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 02:28:58 AM by BQ

I think both are very good erc-20 tokens
They provide high value and good security for your tokens and Etherum
They offer low transaction fees, they offer low transfer fees
High and very fast transaction delivery

You will have lots of positivity if you keep your tokens and Etherum in Myetherwallet or metamask

Neither MyEtherWallet nor MetaMask has anything to do with any fees.

MetaMask is a browser plugin, MyEtherWallet is a website. they're definitely not tokens!  Cheesy
both are simply interfaces to communicate with the Ethereum blockchain.
All they do is simplify the process of getting a keypair and making a transaction,
they do nothing other than that, it's important that people know how it works.

They do nothing safer than you couldn't do yourself! Cheesy
Here is a guide about wallets

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
bibi30

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:02:55 AM

Neither MyEtherWallet nor MetaMask has anything to do with any fees.
good luck!!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:05:21 AM

It does not even matter if they are combined because as long as the wallet is very secured in terms of trading in the market then its fine to use and safe to use like no other people can steal your money.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:37:43 AM

I always use Mytherwallet for ETH and token, I find it easier to use than Metamask: This is easy to use, secure and updated constantly!
CoachCarter

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:30:30 PM

Because you don't want to give your private key to MEW when connecting to it. MEW is arguably the best way to transact in ETH and ERC-20 tokens, but in case it gets hacked /

phished / keylogged whatever, you are adding another layer of security via Metamask, with which it already is easier to connect to MEW, so it's a Win Win

Its a good thing to have both of it. Metamask is a good wallet you can access it easily but it is more prone to keylogger and dictionary attack through its seed phrase. Myetherwallet is a good wallet with a decent and secured wallet. It is up to you what wallet you are willing to use. Just be careful and treat your ether wallet or bitcoin wallet like it have a million dollars on it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: