Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:19:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i burn my 280x card ...  (Read 592 times)
alkaint (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:30:24 PM

hello ,

i have a MSI twin frozer that stoped working now , my problem with the card started when it overheated and start to show green lines all over my screen , so i take it out from my main 16x slot and move it to 1x , did not want to try the baking method since the hash rate have not droped so i kept it untill i get a new mobo , i put it on a normal PCI slot connected with 1x powered cable and feeded from a 500W PSU since i have 3x 280x cards on that mobo i was pushing my main PSU to it limits , but the card stoped working and now i wonder does the RMA cover this kind of things ? i don't want to lie in the RMA and will never do

also what you think cause the problem the 1x on a normal PCI "not PCIE" slot or the crosair 500W dedicated to that card ?

nytrolic

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:56:52 PM

Probably wasn't enough cooling, or it was just a bad batch card

You don't have to lie in the rma, you can just say you were using it to it's full potential (hey that's why you bought a high end card, right?)

Just say you were rendering video or something

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: