Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:26:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia central bank bans Bitcoin  (Read 14291 times)
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:38:21 AM

In short: Central Bank of Russia prohibits any (really any) usage of Bitcoin and will treat it as criminal activity and terrorism support.

Bank of Russia is just another Central Bank llluminati style like all the Rothchild Central Banks around the world - except in Iran, N-Korea, Syria, Libya, Iraq, … oops, cancel the last two.

No particular news here. Another head of the same beast.

How do we know Bitcoin is not an illuminati project, a wolf dressed as sheep?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:40:23 AM

In short: Central Bank of Russia prohibits any (really any) usage of Bitcoin and will treat it as criminal activity and terrorism support.

Bank of Russia is just another Central Bank llluminati style like all the Rothchild Central Banks around the world - except in Iran, N-Korea, Syria, Libya, Iraq, … oops, cancel the last two.

does it matter? maths doesnt lie, nobody controls BTC, maybe the illuminati have some, if they in fact exist, I bet they have some gold and dollars and pounds too.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:41:31 AM

THis means that Russia has joined China in accumulating bitcoins!... yea people dont buy any... let me buy them all up and then when I say you can use them!

Whatever these headlines say.. usually the hidden agenda is the OPPOSITE of what they mean literally.
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:44:50 AM

THis means that Russia has joined China in accumulating bitcoins!... yea people dont buy any... let me buy them all up and then when I say you can use them!

Whatever these headlines say.. usually the hidden agenda is the OPPOSITE of what they mean literally.

Why would China and Russia trust an Anglo-American NSA spy coin.. Who the fuck is Satoshi Nakamoto? Think about it..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
sraosha

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:45:57 AM

does it matter? maths doesnt lie, nobody controls BTC, maybe the illuminati have some, if they in fact exist, I bet they have some gold and dollars and pounds too.

It perhaps is - like the internet. But it might work against them in the end. Controlled opposition sometimes get out of hand - see e.g. Hitler.
meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:00:04 AM

FYI there's a lot of shady shit going down in Russian banks at the moment. The gossip is that the deposit protection scheme for regular bank deposits is out of cash.

http://www.bdlive.co.za/world/europe/2014/01/10/russia-revokes-siberian-banks-licence

MOSCOW — Russian regulators have cancelled the licence of AKB Novokuznetsk Municipal Bank (NMB), saying that the Siberian lender made high-risk loans and allowed its owners to borrow from the company.

The Russian central bank said in a statement on its website on Thursday that NMB was running "a high-risk credit policy" and not adequately creating reserves for possible loan losses. The bank, which was among Russia’s top 300 lenders by assets as of last month, did not fulfil its obligations to creditors and depositors because of insufficient cash flow, the regulator said.

NMB said depositors with as much as 700,000 rubles ($21,000) are entitled to a full reimbursement from the Deposit Insurance Agency.

Payments would begin by January 23, the agency said on its website. NMB’s press office did not respond to calls seeking further comment.

The regulator has accelerated its crackdown since November 29 when it revoked the licence of Master Bank, Russia’s 41st largest lender by assets, for money-laundering violations. Midsize lenders Project Financing Bank and Smolensky Bank were also shuttered on December 13, and Investbank was closed after failing capital adequacy reviews.

The central bank has revoked about 30 banking licences since July 1 when Elvira Nabiullina succeeded Sergey Ignatiev as governor, compared with three in the first half of the year. She is striving to tighten regulation of banks and curtail net capital outflow, forecast at about $55bn last year.

NMB, which focused on the Kemerovo region of Siberia, was set up in 1994 and provides services to firms and individuals, according to its website.

An unidentified NMB director is being probed for allegedly transferring cash from the bank to other lenders in Russia to repay debts, according to a statement on Thursday by the Russian Investigative Committee. This had resulted in depriving the bank of sufficient reserves to cover its clients’ loans, according to the statement.
RandyMagnum

Activity: 662
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:30:44 AM

You'd have to be pretty bullheaded to read this as being on the same level as China or India's warning.
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:37:04 AM

The biggest problem is that mining in Russia might be not legal now, as that's the only thing we could call currency emission here.
Most miners use pools located outside Russia, so this ban won't affect them.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:03:53 AM

Why would China and Russia trust an Anglo-American NSA spy coin.. Who the fuck is Satoshi Nakamoto? Think about it..

Mathematics and software transcend language and culture. The Chinese and Russians are perfectly capable of seeing that Bitcoin is a tour-de-force, theoretically capable of displacing their own fiat systems at a future date. Hence totalitarian regimes revert to type and lash out.

About 20 central banks have warned about Bitcoin, which is a huge vote of confidence in its strength.

artplay81

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:20:17 AM

Central Bank is pretty conservative in Russia and this statement looks quite logical to me.

Potentially, they may allow operations in bitcoins after the majority of the world accepts it (1), and (2) after internal security agencies (NSA type) are OK with it.

They will not be in avangarde of BTC movement as little countries like Singapore, Denmark.. who else is there Smiley

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 10:35:48 AM

Because it's open source. It doesn't matter who created it if the code and the economics are sound.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:17:52 AM

Hahaha, I see... Masterluc is back in his I-want-to-rebuy-cheaper troll phase. Good luck Cheesy

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
MikeH

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:35:37 PM

Russia central bank bans Bitcoin
A Bank has got the power to ban something, is the Bank above the Law?

they control governments by controlling the money, so yes they're above the law - they probably even drafted a lot of them.

Amsel (Amschel) Bauer Mayer Rothschild, 1838:
 "Let me issue and control a Nation's money and I care not who makes its laws".
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:10:43 PM

They didn't ban Bitcoin, they just pointed out already existing laws against money laundering and issuing surrogate currency and tried to scare the public away from Bitcoin making some sort of threatening statement. Nothing new or special about it really, this is exactly the reaction everyone should expect from Central Banks all over the world, not just Russia.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
mestar

Activity: 407

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:02:41 PM

All over the world, it certainly looks so.

masterluc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:48:00 AM

Oh boy...

Police starts criminal development against btce and metabank.

http://volgoproc.ru/newversion/cgi-bin/run.pl?mod=news.mod&dirmod=mod&func=view&id=2331

PYaEe

Activity: 54
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:32:57 AM

Fake. "For the attention of mass media! Prosecutor's office site is hacked and information about investigation against internet sites posted here is contrary to fact".
But i'm transfering most of my btc remaining here to some other exchange, anyway
masterluc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:37:31 AM

Yes, already removed. Thanks to god this was fake ))

masterluc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:52:11 PM

And this is not fake.

General Prosecutor's Office meeting regarding virtual currencies.

http://www.genproc.gov.ru/smi/news/genproc/news-86432/

TL;DR: Following the meeting, outlining specific joint actions of the Bank of Russia and law enforcement to prevent possible violations in the sphere of money circulation in Russia, a number of specific solutions aimed at preventing violations of property rights of citizens and organizations associated with the use crypto currencies (yes! crypto!) . Taking into account international experience identified further areas of work on the legal regulation of this sector.

esse83

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:10:51 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 04:41:33 PM by esse83

Sounds like good news Smiley Especially this part:

"Certain distribution received anonymous payment systems and kriptovalyuty, including the most famous of them - Bitcoin are money substitutes and can not be used by individuals and legal entities."

EDIT: http://kommersant.ru/doc/2401035

"..therefore, the money can not be used by citizens and organizations of the Russian Federation."

“Bitcoin is wild and crazy investment that I’m diversifying out of all the time,” - Gavin Andresen
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: