Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 02:51:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 6000 BTC DUMPED ON STAMP!  (Read 2500 times)
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:03:05 PM

That's totally different than my BitcoinWisdom which I had running the entire time. (Changing time interval makes no difference.)

A few minutes ago there was a 15 000btc volume on the 15min chart, 5min was normal. Not 15min is back normal again. I think the site had a little problems...

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:06:29 PM

That's totally different than my BitcoinWisdom which I had running the entire time. (Changing time interval makes no difference.)

A few minutes ago there was a 15 000btc volume on the 15min chart, 5min was normal. Not 15min is back normal again. I think the site had a little problems...

I had the thing running the entire time and never saw that.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:07:19 PM

Me neither.
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:08:46 PM

Perhaps, but this is the first day I have noticed anything like that ever happening.

and I look at these fucking charts a lot!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:09:24 PM

It's a new reminder that TA won't work when there's the real, persistent threat of somebody to unload a few thousand bitcoins.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Holliday
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:10:38 PM

Perhaps, but this is the first day I have noticed anything like that ever happening.

and I look at these fucking charts a lot!

I'm curious to know if it is a problem between BitStamp and BitcoinWisdom, or BitcoinWisdom and you. I have these charts open on a second monitor 24/7 (and have never seen changing volumes).

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Holliday
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:11:34 PM

It's a new reminder that TA won't work when there's the real, persistent threat of somebody to unload a few thousand bitcoins.

The TA guys will argue this until their deathbed. This was obviously all predicted by TA.

porcupine87

hm

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:11:38 PM

You had all time intervalls running all the time? I am not saying, that the 15 000btc volume is correct. I am just saying, that it was to seen on bitcoinwisdom for a couple of minutes. It was an error. Look at this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434748.0

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Holliday
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:12:40 PM

You had all time intervalls running all the time? I am not saying, that the 15 000btc volume is correct. I am just saying, that it was to seen on bitcoinwisdom for a couple of minutes. It was an error. Look at this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434748.0

No, I only had the 15 minute time interval running. I believe it is an error! I'll check the thread.

Edit: This is the only information I could glean from that thread. I never use such short time intervals!

There's a bug with the 1m and 3m charts on bitcoinwisdom that does this.

knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:17:08 PM

wait what ?going (goes) in on ? I was bit out watching a old vid from my childhood ...  

Spectreman Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Of2qGsh5I

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
porcupine87

hm

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:19:40 PM

No, I only had the 15 minute time interval running. I believe it is an error! I'll check the thread.

Edit: This is the only information I could glean from that thread. I never use such short time intervals!

There's a bug with the 1m and 3m charts on bitcoinwisdom that does this.

Hm, this is odd. I am 99.9% sure, that I had the 15 000btc volume on the 15min chart and when I checked 5min, it was ok. (but I think I didn't check other intervalls). I switched 2-3 times between them and the result was the same.
But I can remember there was a problem in Decemeber. The volume was 300 000btc for a short time. On the Gox chart. There was this issue with one big sell off and the security kicked in and loop followed.

akujin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:31:15 PM

Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
coinpharmer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:33:54 PM

6000 BTC DUMPED ON STAMP!

and this time if it dissappears, I got the screenshot to prove it.

how many threads per day are you going to make telling us what buys and sells are going on? honestly just make one "matthecats: doing meth and reading charts" thread
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:25:58 PM

Me neither.

I see the dump...but it didn't look like 6k BTC...it quickly recovered a bit though I think with a lot of people with their finger on the trigger waiting for a dip.   I am trying to find the best price point to buy a few more BTC for the long hold...not sure where I am going to settle on the price yet...
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:16:54 PM

I see the dump...but it didn't look like 6k BTC...it quickly recovered a bit though I think with a lot of people with their finger on the trigger waiting for a dip.   I am trying to find the best price point to buy a few more BTC for the long hold...not sure where I am going to settle on the price yet...

Seems that the support levels provide great entry opportunities....probably a lot to do with short sellers taking profits at obvious bounce back points before lining their USD up for round 2. So obviously 765 is one of those levels as we have hit and bounced through that 4-5 times in the past 3 weeks. However, for the first time since then, Bitcoin pierced through this level and hit the massive buy wall at 750. How many holders of these 750 Bitcoins are going to be feeling confident in Bitcoins near term price? What about the idiots who jumped on the surge caused by reptilia's MtGox cash out Bitcoin purchase, and bought over 6000 BTC (across two biggest exchanges) at 820-830 level. Are they going to be sitting delighted with their acquisitions at this point in time?

Unlike the previous correction was triggered by Huobi (they are all still sleeping, 4 more hours and the first of them will start to log-in and see the results on the USD exchanges), this correction was triggered by massive selling volume. I seen 6K BTC being dumped within 1 minute. This may have been a glitch, but the charts are now showing over 4000 BTC (Stamp) within 20 minutes and extremely low recovery volume. So whilst $765 and now right down to $750 might be a good place to start taking profits on your short, we have hit this area 5 times in the past 3 weeks. At some point, any rational person would have to think that it isn't going to bounce back so readily. Next stop beneath that would be 700 - 720.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: