Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:30:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879123 times)
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 04:34:58 PM

too much waiting for the sync, when exactly the new version with prune mode will be released?

beside pruning thing, i think that tonight I'll start working on an experiment to create a (centralized) solution to allow player to launch my client and play, without having a blockchain to sync, etc...

something like an exchange, i mean the player sends the amount he wants to invest in playing to a specific address that's linked to a "mithril account", than launch my client using his the same accound and then the client talks directly to my server (that can see how much the player sent) and can do everything except maybe few things like transfering funds or player from the game client (or maybe yes, need to investigate if there are problems)

Would require lot of works but I want to test the feasibility, even considering costs of setting up an environment (server) to hold everything
Actually I'm already spending ~40 eur/month on the server (that more or less no one uses and without returns Cheesy) and the server can barely run a daemon that check new blocks incoming and a "simple" game server implementation for realtime chat and something more, so need to understand costs, etc... It should even be redoundant in case of hardware/connection failures, so costs would easily double up and the solution would be more complex
Of course, when ready, that service would apply a fee on operations, like I said it sounds really like an exchange (and i could even allow other kind of payment methos like you send BTC/ETH, etc... and get HUCS)

Well, I have to start from somewhere Smiley

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:44:15 PM

something like an exchange, i mean the player sends the amount he wants to invest in playing to a specific address that's linked to a "mithril account", than launch my client using his the same accound and then the client talks directly to my server (that can see how much the player sent) and can do everything except maybe few things like transfering funds or player from the game client (or maybe yes, need to investigate if there are problems)

Actually I'm already spending ~40 eur/month on the server (that more or less no one uses and without returns Cheesy) and the server can barely run a daemon that check new blocks incoming and a "simple" game server implementation for realtime chat and something more, so need to understand costs, etc... ...

If you are talking about doing something that would solve the issue of people with cheap computers not being able to play, and you solve that, then money will not be an issue
m4nki

Activity: 1038
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:46:05 PM

Nice, just wanted to try the new version.

But when trying to click "login" it redirects me to the website instead of logging in. Sad

what do you mean? are you logging using the game client or are you on my website and loggin there?
you need to log in using the client, be sure no error shows up in red

Via the game client.

Ok logging in worked now but next step, I am lost again:

Where to find the huntercoind.exe? I get the following error and cannot find the right file to put as Huntercoin Daemon Path:

Daemon not found, DaemonPath is not a valid huntercoin daemon path (it should point to huntercoind.exe or a valid huntercoin daemon)

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 05:10:43 PM

Nice, just wanted to try the new version.

But when trying to click "login" it redirects me to the website instead of logging in. Sad

what do you mean? are you logging using the game client or are you on my website and loggin there?
you need to log in using the client, be sure no error shows up in red

Via the game client.

Ok logging in worked now but next step, I am lost again:

Where to find the huntercoind.exe? I get the following error and cannot find the right file to put as Huntercoin Daemon Path:

Daemon not found, DaemonPath is not a valid huntercoin daemon path (it should point to huntercoind.exe or a valid huntercoin daemon)

try to follow this guide, it's based on an old version of my client but startup concepts are the same: http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/GettingStarted

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 05:15:22 PM

Actually I'm already spending ~40 eur/month on the server (that more or less no one uses and without returns Cheesy) and the server can barely run a daemon that check new blocks incoming and a "simple" game server implementation for realtime chat and something more, so need to understand costs, etc... ...

If you are talking about doing something that would solve the issue of people with cheap computers not being able to play, and you solve that, then money will not be an issue

Actually my clients run on windows only, so people would need to have a windows pc to run it (and i still have to find if compiling in Reach mode would solve the problem of old graphics card that can't run the game) but yes, that's the idea. Then I don't want to run too further but a chance of writing a new client that can be run on multiple platforms, maybe with remote hosted "automatic behaviours logic" in order to even lighten the power computer must have, could be a future improvement too. well, step by step and let see how community will react to what I'll do

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 06:28:18 PM

Actually I'm already spending ~40 eur/month on the server (that more or less no one uses and without returns Cheesy) and the server can barely run a daemon that check new blocks incoming and a "simple" game server implementation for realtime chat and something more, so need to understand costs, etc...

The chain.huntercoin.org VPS is hosted by OVH and costs 20 Euro/month.  I don't think that it is only "barely" able to process incoming blocks, and I did sync from scratch there as well without too many problems.  Maybe your hosting is too expensive and you should look for an alternative. Wink

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 06:48:49 PM

Actually I'm already spending ~40 eur/month on the server (that more or less no one uses and without returns Cheesy) and the server can barely run a daemon that check new blocks incoming and a "simple" game server implementation for realtime chat and something more, so need to understand costs, etc...

The chain.huntercoin.org VPS is hosted by OVH and costs 20 Euro/month.  I don't think that it is only "barely" able to process incoming blocks, and I did sync from scratch there as well without too many problems.  Maybe your hosting is too expensive and you should look for an alternative. Wink

sure, it's windows based and in Italy, not the best combo.
Actually I'm running 24/7 a Windows QT wallet there with an imported address just to look transactions at that address (and i had no problem of qt stuck tbh on that environment, talking about qt windows problem) but the OS + the QT wallet (limited to max 8 connections) already fill up most of the 3GB available RAM (and i've a single core CPU setup) so no much rooms for my game server scenarios... i need of course an alternative Cheesy

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 06:58:19 PM

I've just enabled free access to everyone to use my client, even before CoinFest
You have time to try it and be ready to have a chance to win the CoinFest prizes, enjoy!

http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/Download

free access ends at week end, but i could even extend it some more days, if we try to organize another contest after CoinFest

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 07:32:51 PM

I've just enabled free access to everyone ...

Can you just specify the bare minimum computer a person needs. I am going to get a computer to do this and I want to make sure that I get one that is good enough that I can be one of "everyone"

this is the offical microsoft page about XNA games requirements:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb203925.aspx

it says your graphic card has to be DX9 compliant, but DX10 is better (DX = DirectX) but since XNA is pretty old, it should run with any PC (even more than 3 years ago)
Probably if you encounter some problem it could be caused by old graphics card drivers (or a really poor graphics card) but e.g. in my office the desktop has 3 years, with an embedded graphics card and it works, I really don't have a "minimum requirement" except those guidelines

P.S.
actually most of the heavy work is done by the daemon/QT handling the blockchain data, so if you have a very low end computer you may end up having it running my client but being slow on the blockchain side (just i guess, not sure about qt requirements)
of course if you setup an external daemon and connect to it with your windows pc, you have just to satisfy XNA requirements

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 09:04:47 PM

QT had no problem.

When I research this I find comments like " In general, you have to get a very expensive laptop to get any benefit from current-gen gaming or graphics software, or a normally priced desktop." (Comments from a few years ago when this laptop was probably new)

Most people who call themselves "Gamers" or whatever, people who play video games, are going to start with a pretty good computer.

The ideal target group for a human mineable currency is not a subset of that population.

Is that clear?

this is an old style game (2d game), not a "3d full fledget pushed to the limit" kind of game, so its requirements aren't that high, but nevertheless the game framework I use (XNA) has some requirements (not that high) and this of course means that you can't run this on a 386 SX

I wish i could have your previous pc to see if your problem with my client was caused by a lack of updated drivers / DirectX version or just an incompatible graphics card
anyway as I said i'll try to compile the game with a different settings to see if your client can run it without problems (i'll upload it on a different address and send it to you when i find the time, not before a couple of days for sure tho)

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 10:41:19 PM

If a computer can open a browser and read this thread it should have the ability to play Huntercoin. And I cannot stress this enough.

Anyway I will get another cheap computer and see if it works with Huntercoin.

edit to add
[Sent report as message to you Mithril]

don't expect that, at least about my client, anyway I've recompiled the client with Reach profile and I sent to you the link, tell me if it works.
Its performance should be worse than HiDef profile but at least should work, let me know

I've read your report and you had an Intel 945 Express, Intel integrated cards were really bad about XNA compatibility (google it)

anyway let me know if the new compiled client works for you (see PM)

bucktotal

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:10:23 AM

@MM
good work glad this is released now.

I can't seem to access the Huntercoin forum from my current location, so I'm going to announce everything here:

Upon further polling, we've decided to change the rules of the CoinFest Challenge. To win, you must bring the Crown of Fortune to a specific spot on the map, which will be announced 3 times throughout CoinFest. The prize each time is 20K HUC... we have 50K pledged, so we need 10K more (donations welcome). That's around 1 BTC!

Also, we will have a virtual panel during CoinFest called Gaming on the Blockchain. Obviously, we need to be on that panel, but I don't want to do it because I am the founder of CoinFest and will be very busy with coordinating things. In the event that SnailBrain is unavailable, we'll need another prominent member of the Huntercoin community to speak. It will be at 18:15 UTC on Friday, April 8.

who controls the prize pool address? how does payout for the 20k rewards occur?

what is the donation/prize pool address? i'll donate some.

Any donations for coinfest welcome Cheesy

Coinfest Donation Address :-

I've sent the 40k ..
and 10k from my own person funds i've made from playing the last few weeks.

H9KsH7WKxkss3y5xi7ctQxkXJ2TmLTiCXU

sent the remaining 10k! best of luck hunters  Grin
b4b051db4d4e3fbb5244cdeff69ad791d1bb0beaf49d3dd184d3c36958c40f42

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 08:35:40 AM

due to a bug in the backend, users that create new accounts will be asked to pay the fee, don't, just PM me
I'll check occasionally new activations to manually set the free access, as soon as I'll find the time I'll update the backend so that this opeartion will be automatic

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:05:16 PM

[...]
which laptop model is it?
what cpu/gpu?
windows version? (32bit/64bit)

guessing, laptop doesn't support hardware acceleration and the clients need it..

HP Pavilion Entertainment PC
Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel (R) Core (TM)2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66 GHz
2.0 GB RAM
32 bit operating system

Actually I got this computer for some other people to try and do coin stuff with. Was going to set up Huntercoin client and Mithril then let them use it. They are people who do not have easy access to a computer, for various reasons, and if I got Huntercoin running on this computer there would probably be someone on the computer playing 24/7.

Is there an older version of some client that might allow this computer to mine HUC?

a bit late, but here is the 32bit Unity Client

https://mega.nz/#!IBc3BaIB!_VPNxF1qAw_-ziKJdpob6E7rGy-HkP5CcDSCOd_VK2s

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:42:38 PM

@MM
good work glad this is released now.

I can't seem to access the Huntercoin forum from my current location, so I'm going to announce everything here:

Upon further polling, we've decided to change the rules of the CoinFest Challenge. To win, you must bring the Crown of Fortune to a specific spot on the map, which will be announced 3 times throughout CoinFest. The prize each time is 20K HUC... we have 50K pledged, so we need 10K more (donations welcome). That's around 1 BTC!

Also, we will have a virtual panel during CoinFest called Gaming on the Blockchain. Obviously, we need to be on that panel, but I don't want to do it because I am the founder of CoinFest and will be very busy with coordinating things. In the event that SnailBrain is unavailable, we'll need another prominent member of the Huntercoin community to speak. It will be at 18:15 UTC on Friday, April 8.

who controls the prize pool address? how does payout for the 20k rewards occur?

what is the donation/prize pool address? i'll donate some.

Any donations for coinfest welcome Cheesy

Coinfest Donation Address :-

I've sent the 40k ..
and 10k from my own person funds i've made from playing the last few weeks.

H9KsH7WKxkss3y5xi7ctQxkXJ2TmLTiCXU

sent the remaining 10k! best of luck hunters  Grin
b4b051db4d4e3fbb5244cdeff69ad791d1bb0beaf49d3dd184d3c36958c40f42

THANKS BUCK <3

Andeze17

Activity: 650

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:38:23 PM

Great work!
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 11:15:27 PM

due to a bug in the backend, users that create new accounts will be asked to pay the fee, don't, just PM me
I'll check occasionally new activations to manually set the free access, as soon as I'll find the time I'll update the backend so that this opeartion will be automatic

backend updated, problem solved, free access for everyone now works, enjoy (latest client version now is mandatory)

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 09:00:37 PM

Going to try over the next few days to get a few people in a few different areas to try the game, using both clients, and will give some brutal feedback.

"brutal feedback" appreciated lol

if you have problems just tell, i saw you launched the client time ago but probably you were still downloading blockchain?

no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:19:58 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2016, 04:15:09 PM by no-ice-please

Going to try over the next few days to get a few people in a few different areas to try the game, using both clients, and will give some brutal feedback.

"brutal feedback" appreciated lol

if you have problems just tell, i saw you launched the client time ago but probably you were still downloading blockchain?

Starting a little slower than expected, but here is my first feedback.

The game, as it is, is fine for some people no doubt.
But there should be some "version" that lets anybody understand and play the game quickly.

So far it is very difficult and complicated for me just to learn the basic game [i.e., follow the tutorial, I haven't actually played yet. See below.]. I "get" that some people will like a particular video game and others not. But the issue here is whether Huntercoin is going to be a very niche "game" targeting a very narrow slice of the public, or whether it is going to be a human mineable coin.

If the goal is to really lead in the coming field of "human mineable cryptocurrencies" then there must be some version that is easily understandable and playable. [Like "Pacman", a game they use to have in bars in the U.S. in the 70s or 80s. It took 5 seconds to learn how to play and most people enjoyed playing it. Could Huntercoin not have a "simple version" like Pacman, that let anybody play and "mine"?]

add

I'll try it some more in a few hours or so.

... I think I created a hunter, but in the "My Troops" window it has said "Pending Player. waiting to be created" for about an hour. Seems to be  stuck on block 1170564  Undecided  Will check in a few hours.

... Logged back in after a few hours and "Pending player" is gone. I guess the troop got killed while I was away from the computer? lol

... Sent more HUC to the game wallet to try again later today with the other client. So far I have spent 205 HUC and gotten nothing but annoyance. I have been telling a bunch of people for weeks that I was going to set up a computer and show them how to mine a cryptocurrency with Huntercoin lol  Undecided

I appreciate the lot of help from Mithril and Snailbrain and others who are very generous with their time.

Planning to try some more in a few hours.

So far this coin is an epic disappointment.
jw_industry

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:36:14 AM

any screen shots of the game update?
Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: