Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:11:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879143 times)
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 10:03:16 PM

... I think I created a hunter, but in the "My Troops" window it has said "Pending Player. waiting to be created" for about an hour. Seems to be  stuck on block 1170564  Undecided  Will check in a few hours.

... Logged back in after a few hours and "Pending player" is gone. I guess the troop got killed while I was away from the computer? lol

... Sent more HUC to the game wallet to try again later today with the other client. So far I have spent 205 HUC and gotten nothing but annoyance. I have been telling a bunch of people for weeks that I was going to set up a computer and show them how to mine a cryptocurrency with Huntercoin lol  Undecided

I appreciate the lot of help from Mithril and Snailbrain and others who are very generous with their time.

My client has a real time chat, use it and if I'm available i'll help real time there (CTRL+1 to open the chat)
maybe you didn't had a full synched blockchain, I'm not responsible about how daemon (huntercoind.exe / qt) works, if it let you send transaction if the blockchain isn't full synchronized
Anyway next time try to ask help on chat and I'll help you if timezone help us

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 11:44:34 PM

here it's 1:45 AM, I think i'll be around for another 30/45 minutes if you want to try now, or .... in 8 hours ~

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
Mr_SeLeNiO

Activity: 110
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:58:24 PM

name_register is not yet available ....................... Huh
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 04:27:57 PM

??
my client uses that RPC command using huntercoind.exe RPC interface, are you sure you are running the correct version?

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 05:27:24 PM

This probably means that you are not yet synced up to the fork point - the error should go away.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:35:35 PM

the "human mining" aspect
Somehow this word has a negative sound to it. Pro gamer could be your favorite occupation, human miner/human guinea pig/human whatever probably not.
The description should confer the meaning that the game is the mining process as opposed to distribution of premined coins,
but humans play games, computers mine coins.

There's a mindset attached to the human mining notion, basically that the disutility of the miner's "work" gives value to the coins.
This is of course not true, and I guess everyone will deny thinking like this. Perhaps it's a semi unconscious thing.

"human mining" rather than simply "low risk gambling"

But the risk is the only thing that can prevent everyone from spawning masses of dumb bots.
Playing Huntercoin is not gambling because of the (really huge in % terms) positive expectancy.

wiggi

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:40:42 PM

yes i think there is a big difference between voting as a share holder in a company and voting in a decentralized app to make it more decentralized and fair.

Voting would be just expressing an opinion, without formal power of enforcement, but still very useful.

I'm playing with an implementation: if you could link
- a number that is the vote
- opening and closing blockheight for the voting
- optionally an hunter
- optionally a comment
- proof of ownership (of coins and 1 address)
then everyone can call for votes by putting the topic in the comment, using a new closing blockheight, and casting the first vote.
This is rather straightforward and could be ready to try on mainnet in a few days.

The spam limiting factor is mostly the total number of available coins, so a call for votes can be free of charge, just asking (and competing) for attention.

Mr_SeLeNiO

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:10:58 AM

This probably means that you are not yet synced up to the fork point - the error should go away.

downloaded the chain manually, but now the problem i have is that i dont have enough funds Sad
jioy

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:45:59 PM

here it's 1:45 AM, I think i'll be around for another 30/45 minutes if you want to try now, or .... in 8 hours ~

u say what?
Mr_SeLeNiO

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:06:53 PM

downloaded the chain manually, but now the problem i have is that i dont have enough funds Sad

Post your playing wallet address.

Short term solution.

HS3KpstbWBanRtyDtkjoPvSYVx6BgJAHXQ

thank you Smiley
Mr_SeLeNiO

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:35:57 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 05:59:54 PM by Mr_SeLeNiO

Post your playing wallet address.

Short term solution.

HS3KpstbWBanRtyDtkjoPvSYVx6BgJAHXQ

thank you Smiley

Sent 212. Should be only 200 to start plus fractions for small things like moving your player. If it is not enough to start, or you get wiped out, say so. Please post your experiences and opinions about the game, if you don't mind, once you have played.

thank you so so much, is it too expensive to move the player? wiped out? you mean i can lose my character? how?
what about the character colors? any advantages on each? a guide if it is possible or a wiki?

i found the forum and i read about, but what happens with the coins if i get wiped out?
no-ice-please

Activity: 955

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 06:07:55 PM

thank you so so much, is it too expensive to move the player? wiped out? you mean i can lose my character? how?
what about the character colors? any advantages on each? a guide if it is possible or a wiki?

Most people will not lose but that is one issue we were discussing earlier on this thread.

There are a lot of simple instructions at the website.

Go to http://huntercoin.org/information/how-to-mine/human/ and the Mithril client starts with a tutorial that most people will understand and follow easily (I have a poor ability to understand that kind of thing but it is good for most people). I think it costs 0.1 to move a player. Not sure
Mr_SeLeNiO

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:06:15 PM

takes ages to move the character
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:59:02 PM

yep each 1 move is a transaction, and it each transaction is ~ 1 min.. (aka block solved)
and 99.999% of all mine /work done is done via F2pool <one single mining pool...

Icon

Mr_SeLeNiO

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:06:32 PM

(...) If it is not enough to start, or you get wiped out, say so. Please post your experiences and opinions about the game, if you don't mind, once you have played.

sapi killed my character, tried to disconnect but he was too close to me and also i guess the character delays on disappearing after i disconnect, so it gave him/her even more time to destroy me

anyway, the possibility to get your character killed, and the slow movement discourages me (if it was 30sec instead of 1 min no problem, i know it could not be instant movement, this is mining, mining takes time). about killing, imagine it like hardware mining, someone randomly comes where you are, pulls out a baseball bat and destroy your mining equipment, that's it, your out, you must buy a new one again to get what? a 10th of what it costed when randomly again someone comes and destroy it? what's the point? they are giving power to some one to hold even more coins just because he got more time to make an army and new human miners wont have a chance
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:42:40 AM

But the risk is the only thing that can prevent everyone from spawning masses of dumb bots.
Playing Huntercoin is not gambling because of the (really huge in % terms) positive expectancy.

Unfortunately, the future of gambling is probably a few logical steps ahead of you. Considering the history of Huntercoin it would be a shame if this trend continues with HUC leading. Somebody who (properly) counts cards at a blackjack table will have a huge positive expectancy. Should you say they are withdrawing? Mining? Words should reflect, not create.

The person I got to try the game complained about the same thing. Also I asked him if he thought it would be more "fun" to "mine" using a simple game like pacman and he said hands down pacman wins.

yep each 1 move is a transaction, and it each transaction is ~ 1 min.. (aka block solved)
and 99.999% of all mine /work done is done via F2pool <one single mining pool...

Icon

99.+% of all coins mined? Or only of coins mined but not by players? I cannot imagine that either of those is correct but if it is even close it brings me to an unpleasant thought.

A lot of times people working on a project get a cloistered mentality and start to incorporate a sort of home for themselves, and their buddies, that excludes others.

There isn't really anything wrong with that, as long as it is upfront.

If a currency is intended to be the financial playground for "a select few" then that fact must be made plain to everybody. Once it is clear then it is not a problem. There will be a lot of currencies aimed at tiny groups, and there will be some limited "exchange value" in those coins. I had not considered that a possibility with Huntercoin until recently, but it does look like there is an "exclusive" mindset and perhaps development is (probably unconsciously) guided towards making sure that exclusivity remains in favor of a certain few.

I'll repeat that I am a strong supporter of Huntercoin still, only for its potential. I hope that there is a discussion about the possibilities of authentic human mining in a coin, and that developers start making use of what coins offer to experiment with human mining.

Let me be clear, miners "the players" get 90% of all HUC coins, what i was referring to is the hardware (sha256/scrypt) the backbone, is done by one mining pool, F2Pool, they are the horsepower that moves the coins, and each move i was referring to the count it shows when you move say from 1 side of the map to the other ~ 3 + hours to do that, every single time the toon moves its 1 transaction done by f2pool.

If that 1 pool was to go down or quit supporting huc...

Icon

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 10:49:46 AM

Unfortunately, the future of gambling is probably a few logical steps ahead of you. Considering the history of Huntercoin it would be a shame if this trend continues with HUC leading. Somebody who (properly) counts cards at a blackjack table will have a huge positive expectancy. Should you say they are withdrawing? Mining? Words should reflect, not create.

The person I got to try the game complained about the same thing. Also I asked him if he thought it would be more "fun" to "mine" using a simple game like pacman and he said hands down pacman wins.

Icon

99.+% of all coins mined? Or only of coins mined but not by players? I cannot imagine that either of those is correct but if it is even close it brings me to an unpleasant thought.

A lot of times people working on a project get a cloistered mentality and start to incorporate a sort of home for themselves, and their buddies, that excludes others.

There isn't really anything wrong with that, as long as it is upfront.

If a currency is intended to be the financial playground for "a select few" then that fact must be made plain to everybody. Once it is clear then it is not a problem. There will be a lot of currencies aimed at tiny groups, and there will be some limited "exchange value" in those coins. I had not considered that a possibility with Huntercoin until recently, but it does look like there is an "exclusive" mindset and perhaps development is (probably unconsciously) guided towards making sure that exclusivity remains in favor of a certain few.

I'll repeat that I am a strong supporter of Huntercoin still, only for its potential. I hope that there is a discussion about the possibilities of authentic human mining in a coin, and that developers start making use of what coins offer to experiment with human mining.

Hi No-ice-please,

it's great you are posting your thoughts, and please continue to do so.

about being a fincancial playground for a select few - i may be misinterpreting it, but - this is not the case, i only play maybe for a couple of hours every other weekday. Domob the lead dev doesn't play, only tests. MM doesn't play much (he says).

Huntercoin was originally an experiment to "test the waters", as i didn't want to significantly invest in the project at the time.

All the points you make are valid -
for us, we are learning as we go along and working on the project in our spare time with very limited resources.

Hopefully we can work on improvements sooner rather than later Cheesy

regarding pacman, did you check out Motocoin?  this was a fun game/coin although it was eventually unplayable due to automated players.
by making huntercoin PvP (player vs player), you are competing against other human minds (albeit the game combat mechanics is due for some fixes).

it would be great to get 30 seconds blocks and probably not impossible.
 Although the game is slow, when you are eventually in combat it's very tense.. especially when in combat with multiple hunters (in one place or in different parts of the map.

no-ice-please

Activity: 955

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 06:24:05 PM

Hi No-ice-please,

it's great you are posting your thoughts, and please continue to do so.

about being a fincancial playground for a select few - i may be misinterpreting it, but - this is not the case, i only play maybe for a couple of hours every other weekday. Domob the lead dev doesn't play, only tests. MM doesn't play much (he says).

Huntercoin was originally an experiment to "test the waters", as i didn't want to significantly invest in the project at the time.

All the points you make are valid -
for us, we are learning as we go along and working on the project in our spare time with very limited resources.

Hopefully we can work on improvements sooner rather than later Cheesy

regarding pacman, did you check out Motocoin?  this was a fun game/coin although it was eventually unplayable due to automated players.
by making huntercoin PvP (player vs player), you are competing against other human minds (albeit the game combat mechanics is due for some fixes).

it would be great to get 30 seconds blocks and probably not impossible.
 Although the game is slow, when you are eventually in combat it's very tense.. especially when in combat with multiple hunters (in one place or in different parts of the map.

There are a few things that distinguish Huntercoin from other similar coins, and one of them is the history of the people who are developing it. I never checked out Motocoin, that I remember, and generally would not be interested in a coin that started now as  a game. Huntercoin started as a specific game and basically still is that game, but is primed to develop further.

Regarding "pacman" specifically, I don't think I have actually played it in at least 30 years, and am not interested in playing it. I mentioned it as an example of something that could be used to allow real human mining in a coin. which would let almost any human interact with a computer intelligently and generate coins that could be converted to other things. Would bots overwhelm a pacman style game? I'm not a developer so that's not my concern. My guess is that it would be possible to put in some checks that prevented automated programs from mining those coins.

As a simple matter of how successful the coin would be using different games, there really is little question that the coin, using the current game and playing model will not succeed.

In other words something has to change.

The "financial playground" aspect you are misinterpreting a bit. There are a lot of ways people feather their own beds and every action a person takes is ultimately for their own benefit, i.e., it leads to some benefit for themself according to how they learned. The criticism is more that what you (plural devs) have created is both "exclusive" (it excludes a lot of people) and as an exclusive project it is not even something heading for success.
wiggi

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:42:02 PM

Let me be clear, miners "the players" get 90% of all HUC coins, what i was referring to is the hardware (sha256/scrypt) the backbone, is done by one mining pool, F2Pool, they are the horsepower that moves the coins, and each move i was referring to the count it shows when you move say from 1 side of the map to the other ~ 3 + hours to do that, every single time the toon moves its 1 transaction done by f2pool.

If that 1 pool was to go down or quit supporting huc...

Given the habit of f2p to always use the same address for their coinbase tx, the pool went down completely several times and Huntercoin can usually muster ~20% of its scrypt hashrate and recuperate to 2 minutes between blocks without f2pool. Which is quite a feat actually.

wiggi

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 10:55:58 PM

yes it does, and the reason is not 30s or 60s blocks, but the map layout. It could have been a bunch of small villages
with safe inns to park your hunter and connected with teleportation links. This is technically trivial but after tiring discussions
the layout is as it is. (Btw, that's exactly what I meant with the "let them human miners suffer" mindset which does Huntercoin no good)

sapi killed my character, tried to disconnect but he was too close to me and also i guess the character delays on disappearing after i disconnect, so it gave him/her even more time to destroy me

anyway, the possibility to get your character killed, and the slow movement discourages me (if it was 30sec instead of 1 min no problem, i know it could not be instant movement, this is mining, mining takes time). about killing, imagine it like hardware mining, someone randomly comes where you are, pulls out a baseball bat and destroy your mining equipment, that's it, your out, you must buy a new one again to get what? a 10th of what it costed when randomly again someone comes and destroy it? what's the point? they are giving power to some one to hold even more coins just because he got more time to make an army and new human miners wont have a chance

There's a testnet where you can learn the rules, it's free to use and CPU minable.

There are advanced clients that can defend your character even if you're not looking, even against sapi, even free to use.

It wasn't an army, it was a single character that killed a clueless noob.

Huntercoin map is not a mine, it's a no holds barred pvp killing field, and this is one of its redeeming features   Cool

Disclaimer: I never used a char named sapi

Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: