Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:49:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879143 times)
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2016, 04:26:23 AM

I remember playing this when it first launched. Seems like forever ago. Is there a lite client that I can download so that I don't have to sync the blockchain? Client/server type of thing? thx  Cool

There's a bundle that comes with pruned blockchain and latest client. Just came out recently, check last few pages of thread.

Edit: See the all-in-one download in this post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg17032226#msg17032226
~500 MB apparently.

Yup! It's way easier to install now, too

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 04:33:33 PM

What is t his alternative client ? I need the wallet still though ? Where is the latest link full boot strap for the wallet please ?
That would be great. Then I can come play for free with this promotion ? Well I have HUC to buy a character but I am new so I  don't want to die so if I die with the free one it is ok Smiley How does it work ?

Sorry, actually my client is discontinued because i left huntercoin support, I didn't had time to update website (and forget about my signature, i didn't posted on the forum since I left until yesterday)

Anyway the promo was about the fee to use the client, not the game itself, there is no way a player can play without having HUCs, because to generate a hunter you have to "spend" 100+1 huc" and moves costs 0.01 and destruct 1, etc... so the dynamic of the game requires you to have a wallet with hucs and risk your own capital, no matter what client you use

If you want to play "safe", you can just read about new rules (if someone posted anything clear about that) and try to just grab some coins without going near enemies, then collect ASAP, but you are anyway risking real HUCs

somewhere in past posts there is a link for the download of unity client + pruned chain to start quickly, but i can't comment/help about that game client because I Don't know/use/play it

Thanks for the info.
aditya81

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 11:30:55 PM

be carefull you all before play this game,player cheat is everywhere,or you will lose your money.fuck you cheater
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 12:05:30 AM

How is the Huntercoin browser project going Smiley

When it will be released.??

How are you all btw i hope everything is ok with you all people Smiley

Advanced New year wishes from me.

Let the next year be a great and prosperous new year for you all bitcoin talk member's.

Never heard about a browser. What do u develop it for? Is it a blockchain parser or the gateway to the internet of things?

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 03:08:40 AM

be carefull you all before play this game,player cheat is everywhere,or you will lose your money.fuck you cheater

It is mathematically impossible to cheat in a blockchain-based game. You can only win or lose.

Your username aditya81 is similar to the Hunters named "adi" in the game, so I'm guessing you might be the Dominator. In that case, sorry I keep using hit and run tactics to sneak by and take all the coins you're trying to hoarde. Cheesy

How is the Huntercoin browser project going Smiley

When it will be released.??

How are you all btw i hope everything is ok with you all people Smiley

Advanced New year wishes from me.

Let the next year be a great and prosperous new year for you all bitcoin talk member's.

Never heard about a browser. What do u develop it for? Is it a blockchain parser or the gateway to the internet of things?

A browser or mobile version of Huntercoin is something we would like to have, but we're not actively working on it, right now. We're preoccupied with the next gameplay update fork, and other cool things we're not ready to announce, yet. For now, it's up to a third party if they want to create that, and we will support them if so.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
MithrilMan

Activity: 554

Developer!

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 09:58:28 AM

It is mathematically impossible to cheat in a blockchain-based game. You can only win or lose.

Technically you are wrong.
I agree that it's not possible to cheat the game rules: if a transaction says you are moving, destroying, etc... and it goes into a block, then that action is written in stone, incontestable .
But...

... a malicious miner can just decide to not process a transaction, or tweak hash power to rush block generation at will (something that it's easily spottable looking at block generation times and it's seems it's currently happening, but could be due to lack of miners and some players that want to play, switch on their hashpower to play faster... or coincidences... but i don't belive in coincidences)

... or a malicious (set of) node(s) can decide to not broadcast a transaction, (the more the peers, the less the chance this could happen)

Honestly i dont' think that there are malicious nodes or that someone is cheating, but the block generation time is a problem because if it's not stable, this mean that the game suffers about that, and some players like him may feel to be "cheated" because if a player doesn't have the time to plan his moves during a fight, because 2 blocks generate too fast, then he would be reasonably disappointed.

The fact that the complaining player is probably the dominator, means that probably the fact that he can't use my client anymore is hurting his performance and can't dominate as before. This could be ironically a good thing for the dominator prolem, but honestly everytime i look at the gameboard I see everytime the same names, expect during the end of ghost period where (bots?) join in the game, collect few and go bank.

I won't give my opinion about changes, but i'm just stating what i see: 3/4 big players, some sporadic players that rise from the shadow for few times and some suspect activity around the end of ghost coins cycles

I think that you need to focus on attracting lot of sporadic players and maybe few more big players in order to help the game (not talking about the coin speculation value) to have some success and maybe find some big miner that gives a stable block generation rate, and of course gameplay changes that gives some depth to gameplay and complicate the eventual bots efficency (the more variables to consider in a fight, the harder to have a good bot)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 10:05:47 AM

Technically you are wrong.
I agree that it's not possible to cheat the game rules: if a transaction says you are moving, destroying, etc... and it goes into a block, then that action is written in stone, incontestable .
But...

... a malicious miner can just decide to not process a transaction, or tweak hash power to rush block generation at will (something that it's easily spottable looking at block generation times and it's seems it's currently happening, but could be due to lack of miners and some players that want to play, switch on their hashpower to play faster... or coincidences... but i don't belive in coincidences)

... or a malicious (set of) node(s) can decide to not broadcast a transaction, (the more the peers, the less the chance this could happen)

Honestly i dont' think that there are malicious nodes or that someone is cheating, but the block generation time is a problem because if it's not stable, this mean that the game suffers about that, and some players like him may feel to be "cheated" because if a player doesn't have the time to plan his moves during a fight, because 2 blocks generate too fast, then he would be reasonably disappointed.

The fact that the complaining player is probably the dominator, means that probably the fact that he can't use my client anymore is hurting his performance and can't dominate as before. This could be ironically a good thing for the dominator prolem, but honestly everytime i look at the gameboard I see everytime the same names, expect during the end of ghost period where (bots?) join in the game, collect few and go bank.

I won't give my opinion about changes, but i'm just stating what i see: 3/4 big players, some sporadic players that rise from the shadow for few times and some suspect activity around the end of ghost coins cycles

I think that you need to focus on attracting lot of sporadic players and maybe few more big players in order to help the game (not talking about the coin speculation value) to have some success and maybe find some big miner that gives a stable block generation rate, and of course gameplay changes that gives some depth to gameplay and complicate the eventual bots efficency (the more variables to consider in a fight, the harder to have a good bot)

OK, true, you can cheat if you are a miner with vast amounts of hash power to spare, or can create enough nodes. I'm fairly certain that's not what's going on, though. I don't log on every single day, but I've basically been picking on the Dominator. The new post-fork game rules make it easier to do so; I can spawn close to coins behind his defenses, collect some, and bank before he has a chance to come kill me. I significantly reduce his income without killing any of his Hunters, at all, like an annoying DotA player. Maybe other people have been doing the same, since it's easier for them too  Grin

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 10:09:46 AM

On another note, in addition to C-CEX, we're now up for voting on RevEx, which lists and reviews cryptocurrencies and exchanges. Please vote for Huntercoin if you're a fan; you just have to make an account or connect it to one of your social media profiles. You can vote once every 24 hours.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:28:46 AM

I agree, i've seen zero evidence of any cheating or miner manipulation and i've been playing a lot since the improvements, there's an increase in players/miners.

i notice someone else is calling themselves the name of the old dominator (they are fighting each other) Cheesy

On another note, in addition to C-CEX, we're now up for voting on RevEx, which lists and reviews cryptocurrencies and exchanges. Please vote for Huntercoin if you're a fan; you just have to make an account or connect it to one of your social media profiles. You can vote once every 24 hours.

voting now

wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 05:17:15 PM

Is there an up to date document containing all the rules/instructions available?

If someone wants to write up the current rule set/guide that we can put in the OP, website etc, i think we can offer a 2.5k huc bounty.

definitely something that is needed.

I might give it a shot over the holidays, no promises tho.

This forum thread is perhaps the place to collect rules/instructions that need to be in the manual (but aren't anywhere written down). One would be the following:

When a block is processed, then combat is done first, and movement second after some hunters are already dead.
e.g. if you have a blue hunter 2 tiles away from a red hunter (both are standing still)
Code:
....R..
..B....
then sending "destruct" and a straight move towards the enemy (diagonally) is not a good idea. It's better to attack with a 2 waypoints move (horizontally+vertically)

If a newbie doesn't know this it would look like clear case of cheating to them.

wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 05:49:21 PM

"When you first create a Hunter, it will be invulnerable for 5 blocks unless you make a move. If you do not, it will enter spectator mode and be unable to move (but can still chat-this may be used for some extra features at a later time). The Hunter will still be invulnerable"  <.... this

So how do we get our hucs back seeing the toon is frozen, is it always there for now on? Or am i missing something..

Icon

It will automatically bank after a period of time (15 blocks IIRC). Your 100 HUC is locked up until then, but I often still do this intentionally so I can choose a different spawning ground, instead. I just maintain enough HUC on reserve to cover it

And if the hunter is refunded (after 15 blocks as spectator, or just after standing on bank tile) it takes another 120 blocks for the coins from refund to mature and become available. They are treated like freshly mined coins in this regard.

Also, when creating a hunter during the last 10 blocks of "coin ghosting", i.e. the last 10 blocks of full 500 blocks from xxxx490 to xxxx500, or from xxxx990 to xxxx000, the "invulnerable for 5 blocks" counter will not begin to tick until after the coin ghosting is finished.

Having up to 15 minutes to plan ahead is really useful for creating several hunters.

logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 06:25:17 PM

I remember playing this when it first launched. Seems like forever ago. Is there a lite client that I can download so that I don't have to sync the blockchain? Client/server type of thing? thx  Cool

Yep u can grab a wallet but bear in mind it will be discontinued Grin once synchronization with huc game server is over. This reminds me of an open office license which gets discontinued on splash screen.

OSYA

Activity: 647
Merit: 255

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:23:20 PM

I must agree and support aditya81 and MithrilMan....

I wrote about this for a long time and not just once, but I did not take seriously! And at the moment even after cropping nothing has changed!
I like the concept and the direction of the coin / games but I kazhetsa that this project was not good hands!

I promised to make a video with all the evidence of fraud, but unfortunately I did not.
Because my computer is too weak and I can not run in parallel huntercoin and shoot video

MithrilMan

Activity: 554

Developer!

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 09:43:16 PM

OSYA I don't think there is any fraud to be honest, i just said that technically is possible, and probably at the moment some of the bigger miners power on/off power at will (not 24/7 on)

Sometimes weird things happens but sometimes favor you, sometimes the enemies.
Sometimes it's even caused by reorgs, that move hunters like teleporting them
But I understand the feeling when it happens to you, like "WTF!"

P.S.
I noticed this transaction took a lot, and inspecting it it seems very strange on block explorer:

https://www.huntercoin.info/blockExplorer/block/3ba3c21ca9a1e1381eaf8c16380f36d26642b81243ca296f78e04dd5ea12451e

can someone explain? Is just the explorer broken?

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:08:11 AM

Also might want to take in consideration is how many nodes one is connected to when in combat, the fewer you are connected to the less likely for your destruct to be accepted vs the other guy. (same goes for mining btc, the first guy with his hand up gets answered Smiley

Icon

PS

Hum could SPV mining (which we all are doing .. well most of us) have anything to do with the "cheating", much like Bitman is notorious for with there 1 transaction per block solves..

Basically someone takes an unconfirmed block and mines off it and "moves" first.. just guessing, trying to apply whats going on with 1kb block solves in bitcoin to huntercoin.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 01:15:36 AM

There's no miner or node-based cheating going on, guys. I've been playing a while and seen no evidence of that. I think the people insinuating otherwise are either sore losers or trolls. There can be quirks in the system wherein one person's transaction confirms first unexpectedly, though, which is a problem we might tackle in the future. There can also be misunderstandings of the game/blockchain mechanics, which brings me to an interesting point.

When a block is processed, then combat is done first, and movement second after some hunters are already dead.
e.g. if you have a blue hunter 2 tiles away from a red hunter (both are standing still)
Code:
....R..
..B....
then sending "destruct" and a straight move towards the enemy (diagonally) is not a good idea. It's better to attack with a 2 waypoints move (horizontally+vertically)

If a newbie doesn't know this it would look like clear case of cheating to them.

This is really interesting to me because of the implications about Huntercoin's concept of time. One way of interpreting this fact is to say that a chronon is, in a way, not the smallest unit of time in Huntercoin; instead, it contains "steps" or "phases" that happen in order, with some actions clearly happening before others.

It might be more technically accurate to view it another way, though; still thinking about it.

Jimmy2011

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:20:55 AM

I donwloaded the "all in one" client. It can't run properly on win10 system, " This app can't run on your PC", so is it a compatability problem?

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:33:24 AM

Also might want to take in consideration is how many nodes one is connected to when in combat, the fewer you are connected to the less likely for your destruct to be accepted vs the other guy. (same goes for mining btc, the first guy with his hand up gets answered Smiley

Icon

PS

Hum could SPV mining (which we all are doing .. well most of us) have anything to do with the "cheating", much like Bitman is notorious for with there 1 transaction per block solves..

Basically someone takes an unconfirmed block and mines off it and "moves" first.. just guessing, trying to apply whats going on with 1kb block solves in bitcoin to huntercoin.

yes - if you open port 8398 (iirc) you should see more name_pendings more often and your tx will propagate faster

regarding 1 transaction per block solve - this was happening a while back also with merge mining namecoin i believe - but i think with huntercoin, miners still get a decent chunk from ingame taxes - or did, so would be worth their while mining them. would be good to see what they are getting recently.

Also - the actual balance between what miners get and what you can get playing the game was i rough guestimate by myself originally - and this can be changed if we need to (for whatever purpose).

Best way to play huc is :
assume your move will go in the next block, or the block after. and plan your moves on if either of these can happen.

I've yet to see any move go in the 3rd block..(except during launch with 1000s of txs per block)

i think i agree that the main issue is new players don't understand the mechanics and get frustrated if things don't happen like clockwork

-

I donwloaded the "all in one" client. It can't run properly on win10 system, " This app can't run on your PC", so is it a compatability problem?

i'm using windows 10, are you using windows 10 32bit (if there is such a thing)

Jimmy2011

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:02:14 PM

i'm using windows 10, are you using windows 10 32bit (if there is such a thing)

Thank you. Yes, I used win10 32bit, so I need to change another 64 bit system.
OSYA

Activity: 647
Merit: 255

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 02:05:12 PM

If all fair and square...
Please explain how killing 2 yellow hunter in this area and should not perish hunter green as in certain place! Height block 1536280+

http://prnt.sc/dovjmp

Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: