Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:53:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-05-24] US opens investigation into Bitcoin price manipulation  (Read 176 times)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:14:34 PM

I'm not saying it's definitely gonna happen, but I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if it did.

The chances are high for it to happen. I strongly believe that there is something fundamentally wrong with OKCoin and Huobi, and it has been the case for a long time (years now). If China ever is going to only allow one or two exchanges to operate, just to stay well positioned in terms of control, then it will be the aforementioned ones for sure. If we look back at how everything has been going with these exchanges, then it's safe to say that the Chinese government was very (suspiciously) mild towards the two giants. In order to come back strong, these exchanges need to build on their brand and position in this market, and that's exactly what they are doing.

I think it's pretty likely.

The Chinese government know this sub-culture all too well. The system there is that all large businesses must have at least 1 board member from the Communist Party, maybe more for the largest firms (and likely state espionage agents get sent in to be extra watchful over sensitive companies like cryptocurrency related ones). So all that corruption that allowed all those scandals at chinese exchanges? Probably done with Chinese government approval most of the time. So if you think Huobi, OKCoin or BTCC (or any miner manufacturers...) got an easy ride, it's pretty obvious why.

Vires in numeris
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: